PhreeZone

Condolence thread for Danny Page and Bob Holler

my thoughts and condolences to the families and friends at the this time.

Only got to know Bob last year at the Dublin boogie doing some 4 way with him great loss for someone that experienced and willing to help others [:/]

Just a bit Numb at the moment.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

what a tragedy - though i did not know either of them it is obvious how many lives they have touched... my deepest sympathies to all that are suffering right now
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Damn...Danny was a good guy. A hell of a skydiver and great rigger. He kept me up to date on safety issues, things that I would probably miss on my own, each and every time I saw him. I, for one, will miss him. Rest in peaceful sleep, Danny.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Bob...what a guy. Those of you who were taught by him know what a "unique" style he had. He could be harsh (all those years in the military!) but it was for our own safety. He was an A++ instructor. We have lots of good memories of Bob when he was helping run Crestview Skydiving Center in Florida and my husband did some base jumping with him as well. Our prayers go out to his daughter, Shaira, and rest of his family and friends. I have attached two photos that I found in my collection. He was an awesome skydive mentor to both me and my husband. We love you Bob!

Jen & Tony

You gotta be fuckin' kidding me. Did God forget to take his meds again. This fucking SUCKS. Condolences, Prayers, Thoughts and Blue Skies... To both of them, their families, friends and all of you. On my way back down there. Just picked up my cousin in NY, to bring her down there to the boogie, when I saw this. Not a good idea to expose her to this, she's already overly emotional this trip.
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Bob Holler’s warm reach stretched well outside the skydiving realm.
He spent the last month (returning to the ConUS Thursday) as a member of the BentProp expedition team searching the islands and waters of Palau for missing WWII Aircraft, working to solve the many MIA mysteries of Palau. The mission was wildly successful. Of course Bob played a tremendous role in the team’s successes not to mention what a wonderful friend and travel-mate he was to the team. Words can’t describe nor honor the man properly.

BentProp is entirely volunteer driven and the adventure is on each participants own dime. An account of the month long mission as well as photos of Bob in action can be found here:

http://www.bentstarproject.org/flip/index.html

In the coming days the BentStar Project web site will include a page filled with photos of Bob in Palau.

BentProp is richer for having Bob as a teammate and a friend. He will be deeply and sorely missed. Bob kept saying how honored he was to be a team member, we are honored he joined the team.

Eternal Blue Skies
Jennifer

I am going to miss Danny...

He planned 8-ways (that were safe and worked) around me when I was low on experience at the Carolina Skysports Easter Boogie in '99. Then had parenting advice for me over dinner...

I had fun jawin' with Danny everytime I ran into him in my GA adventures over the years. He was one of skydivings great infectious personalities. You may not have agreed with everything he said, but his verve and zest for skydiving and life was undeniable.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

I first saw this at about 3am today. It's just hitting me now. I've lost my AFF instructor, the guy who rightfully yelled at me when I screwed up, and simply because I was a 2Lt and he was a CMSgt.

FUCK
FUCK.
GAWDDAMNIT.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

It still hasn't sunk in. I saw them both at PIA.

Danny was at the Blackjack table, so of course, I joined. Full of jokes, off-color humor, and ribbing most the ones he rubbed the wrong way. It was 5 years ago this weekend, at the South of the Border Boogie in Mexico, that I said to him "you are the biggest Asshole I've ever loved". He became fond of introducing himself that way thereafter.

Bob and I had a great conversation just as he was on his way out of Reno on the Thursday. He was 2 days away from leaving for Palau; his daughter had just told him she and her husband were trying to start a family of their own and he was so excited about the prospect of being a Granddaddy; he had filled most of his work/jumping schedule through the beginning of the fall in the 4 days he spent at PIA. I saved his phone number so we could have dinner at the next big-way event and talk about his journeys.

Such a big hole and no way to refill what these men left.

My love to you both and your families, friends and the others whose lives you have touched.

Bob, was one of my mentors/heroes. It is a sad day in my life to have lost someone that has helped me many times in my career.

He embodied this Motto:

It is my duty as a Pararescueman to save life and to aid the injured. I will be prepared at all times to perform my assigned duties quickly and efficiently, placing these duties before personal desires and comforts. These things I do, "That Others May Live."

F. Seriously. Two weeks ago Danny left the remains of his Miller Lite 12-pack in my fridge because I "never have any good beer." Tonight my brother and friends and I poured them on the curb for our fallen brother... Last week my wife called me four times in one day to see if I called Danny on his birthday...after I fell asleep she sent him a text message from me to wish him well...he responded that we (me, my wife and friends) will never know how much he loves us. We know. We miss him. He was here to attend the burial of a young soldier at Arlington Cemetery. I expect (and hope) that this hero, too, will be buried there. More importantly, Danny was a beautiful friend to us all. More than anyone, he shared his enthusiasm and need to "give back" to skydiving with the world. He will be sorely missed. XXXO.