D2216

Ted Rose, former Top POP USA passes...

It is with great sorrow I announce the passing of former TopPOP USA Ted Rose, age 67.

Ted and Kay Rose were driving their RV camper from Oklahoma to Florida for the winter skydiving season. They stopped in Texas to visit friends and relatives. After jogging Saturday afternoon, January 25th in Texas, Ted complained about not feeling well. He sat down in a chair and died a few minutes later.

Cause of death is unknown at this time.

A memorial service is planned in Ted's home town of Waurika, Oklahoma on Friday, February 2, 2007.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Attached is a photo of Ted Rose (left) with Russ Manhold at the Skydivers Over Sixty (SOS) 33-way world record, established March 2005 at Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales, Florida.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If not for Ted, I might not be skydiving today. I was having some problems when I returned to skydiving after a layoff and Ted helped me overcome some hurdles. I didn't even ask, he just recognized the problem and offered the help. There aren't many like that. He will be missed.

Thanks Ted !!!!

We highly respected you and love you and Kay very much.

You will be sorely missed in our skydiving world. However, you have a bigger world to fly now.

We were looking forward to seeing you both at Lake Wales this winter and Xenia this summer. But, you know what? YOU will be at both places :)
Kay, our prayers are with you. Stay strong. Your family and friends grieve with you.

Skies blue,
Jim and Lee West