xenaswampjumper

Muff Muff Johnny Gates...........

hey johnny CAN I HAVE YOUR EAR MUFFS

TANDEM GUY

Actually, just a note for all, his muffs were cut off of his frap hat by someone at the scene and are being permantantly mounted in the otter.

They Should Be Reattaced To His Helmet AndDisplayed Under Glass at the muff brother hall of fame

hey come to think of it i know a really cool taxidermist

tandem guy
MB 66

2003 rantoul I videoed Johnny in a carpet ride. The dive went to shit but that bastard just laughed and went on the next load. great guy lots of positive energy. You are the muff brothers jonhnny . What a great way to go.
Blue skies buddy.

http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

From todays Orlando Sentinel

ZEPHYRHILLS -- A 68-year-old skydiver apparently suffered a heart attack or stroke during a weekend jump and was dead when he reached the ground, authorities said.

Johnny Gates of Lakeland made no effort to deploy his primary parachute as he fell to the ground Saturday, authorities said. His reserve parachute opened as designed at 800 feet but Gates was dead when he touched down.

T.K. Hayes, manager of Skydive City in Zephyrhills, said video shows Gates apparently twitching as he fell.

"It was an out-of-the-ordinary movement," Hayes said. An autopsy will be performed to determine what killed Gates.

Gates was a fixture at the airport who made more than 1,000 jumps in 25 years of skydiving, Hayes said.

"He was an icon," Hayes said.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Skydive City is starting a Photo Album for Johnny on our Kodak website at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/skydivecity

You can send any photos you have to [email protected] and we will post them up there for everyone to see.

We plan to dump them all to CD as well for the family, so send us some pictures, thanks

TK Hayes
Skydive City

I tried emailing a photo but it was returned. Is the email box full? I'll try again tonight.

Flag photo history: taken by RICARD SANCHEZ 1990/1991 apeeared on the cover of the ST PETE TIMES AND WENT AP.WIRE 4TH OF JULY

WE HAD SUCH GOOD TIMES THOSE SUMMERS. WE HAD A DC3 ALL TO OURSELVES, THEN TOWARDS THE END WE HAD TO SLUM IT WITH A CASA.
JOHNNY AND I WOULD PARK OUR VANS SIDE BY SIDE I WOULD STRING A TARP OVER THE TWO OF THEM AND ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON, WHILE WE TOOK THE USUAL RAINSTORM VAN BREAK, LOOKOUT, AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS THE WEATHER WOULD CLEAR AGAIN AND OFF WE WOULD GO.
I WISH I COULD GO BACK THERE RIGHT NOW, THAT WAS SUCH A SPECIAL TIME, MY EYES ARE SWEATING!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/skydivecity

I think we were still Parking Lot Locals then Denniss Mcglynn Muff brother # 1 had not shown up yet. Notice no ear muffs on Johnny.

From left i dont remember the first guy too many van breaks, RON STOCK, FRANK CATER, DAN OF NAN AND DAN FAME, ME ON LEFT FLAG, JAY EDRIS IN GLORY SLOT, JACK SMITH ON RIGHT FLAG, CHRIS MOORE DOING HIS USUAL BEST TO TAKE OUT THE FORMATION,
THE NEXT GUY i cant remember , AGAIN ONE TO MANY BLUE TANKS,
AND THEN I THINK A HOTTIE NAMED JENNIFER.

HEY RICHARD SANCHEZ WHERE'S THAT TEAM PHOTO YOU TOOK OF US I THINK IT WAS THE LAST PLL TEAM AND REALLY WAS A MUFF TEAM WE JUST DIDNT KNOW IT YET AT THE TREE, THE OLD Z HILLS BY THE TREE.PLL NEON SINE IN THE BACKGROUND
GO TO THE VAULT AND BUST OUT SOME HISTORY
CAN PEOPLE STILL USE ACTUAL NEGATIVES

JUSTIN MB 66
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

I don't know if anyone has started a collection yet...but I have at least $200 earmarked for his memorial page in Parachutist.
I know we have plenty of pictures of him!

come on folks...let's get this going!

Who is taking over responsibility of The Muff Book?
We cannot slack on the muff numbers...and my guess is we will have many new muff brothers in the near future!

Do the earmuffs go OVER the halo, or under? Hmm, well, Muff muff, Johnny will have it all organized and ready for us when we get there.

Dogone it, I was looking at his phone number last week, and was just ready to dial when I decided I didn't really have enough time to talk, so I'd do it later..

Guess it shows that we never should put off til later.

We'll miss you BrotherMuff.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I don't know if anyone has started a collection yet...but I have at least $200 earmarked for his memorial page in Parachutist.

come on folks...let's get this going!

Who is taking over responsibility of The Muff Book?
We cannot slack on the muff numbers...and my guess is we will have many new muff brothers in the near future!

Where do we send the funds... count me in!!!!!:)

count me in on the Parachutist ad.I tried going through pics last night but........I will try looking tonight I know I have a bunch from "Harvest moon" from the last 4 years of the boogie and Family of Freaks last year.

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Can't believe I just heard Paul Harvey mention Johnny's final skydive during his noontime babble today.......Good Day!

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:););) what an asshole!!!!:D

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

January 27 - Memorial for Johnny Gates at Skydive City. A Sunset dive with friends and skydivers alike.

Public viewing for Johnny at Lakeland Memorial Gardens Thursday Jan 25 ONLY from 7pm-9pm -
Directions here>>

Family will be at the dropzone early Saturday afternoon

Sunset Memorial Skydive (family will decide who is on it, some slots will be open)

Of course, beer and 'wake' afterwards