xenaswampjumper

Muff Muff Johnny Gates...........

***Rest assured, we here at Z-hills are going to have a massive fucking skydive in his honor at the first possbile opportunity.

Hey Chuck, would you please post the details when you get them. Several of us here at ECSC want to come down. Thanks Bro

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I first met Johnny at the 2nd Freak Brothers convention when he was witht he DZ Whores, but I missed their load. Over the years I've sent many new Muff Bros and Sistahs names to Johnny. I wish I could have got him to Lost Prairie at least once.

It's the way he would have wanted to go out.

Blue skies, Muff Brother 65.

madjohn #166

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

*What an ASSHOLE: he violated his OWN rule of "Don't fucking die!";)

*There is one positive in his passing: the price of, errr... left handed cigarettes, has got to go down as the demand for it in the Z-Hills area has now dropped dramatically!:ph34r:

*The last time I saw him he was walking by in a pair of shorts. (and if you've ever seen his legs you can't forget them). I asked Johnny, "Are those your legs, or are you riding a chicken?". Johnny replied "I'm not sure but they've been getting me around for a long time!". Just not long enough bro.

Eternal blue 111 Johnny-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Damn Johnny...Those boogies in St George and Chester took on new life when you showed up. Always a smile, muff,muff, "hey asshole", toys, fireworks...white tails and tie dyed shirt...miss you, bro...

Lee...MB #1673

True, so true. My phone would ring and it would be Johnny...Muff Muff, Johnny Gates here, coming up for the weekend and just wanted to see what was going on?...Alligators, dolphins, shamu I can't even begin to remember all of the inflatables that he brought with him. Magic carpet rides...Johnny is a symbol of the sport. An Icon. You will be missed.

To the man who showed me what muff diving really meant :) To the man who extended the luxury of the Swamp to this visitor, To Muff Brother 65 - HIm! Him! FUCK Him!
To Johnny: Blueskies and thanks bro. Fly Free.

With Love

Genie/Noelle

Well, the deal is, the family is going to have first dips at his remains. Rest assured, we here at Z-hills are going to have a massive fucking skydive in his honor at the first possbile opportunity.

Chuck keep the "out of towners" in mind and please let us know as soon as something comes up. I'd sure like to be there
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Say hi to Jesus for me.
MB623

My request as well......

Several years ago at Quincy, our garage band was booked to play some skydive tunes one evening on the main stage. We were getting heckled by some assholes (no, actual assholes) because we weren't a dance band. Johnny stood down front during the entire set, smiling and jammin with us. His presence there was an encouragment to us all.
When it was over , one of the guys in the band said "hey did you see that Jerry Garcia lookin dewd down front jammin?....cool!" I never got to thank Johnny for the respect he showed us that evening...but that's alright, we'll have something to talk about when I get to heaven.

srf

Knowing that he went the way he did it makes it very hard to truely be sad. I think chuck said... thats how all of us hope to go out.

Thats one hell of an exit, Life well lived.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Skydive City is starting a Photo Album for Johnny on our Kodak website at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/skydivecity

You can send any photos you have to [email protected] and we will post them up there for everyone to see.

We plan to dump them all to CD as well for the family, so send us some pictures, thanks

TK Hayes
Skydive City

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Well said TOM! :)
I cannot believe that He is Gone! I thought he would live forever.

I remember New Years Eve of 2003 when he got burned lighting the Fireworks and he would not goto the Hospital. He was afraid to miss the Party. By his word to me though he went in the morning.

He always knew how to lighten the mood. We need more people like him around.

I am Happy he went out on Top. Even if he did break his own RULE! :D:)

Damn Johnny! I am going to miss you much Brother!

MUFF MUFF MUFF!!!!!!!!!! B|

BSBD,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Johnny, you always made us both feel welcome at the dropzone. I will always remember the smiles and great skydives. And when my husband went missing, I always new where to find him! MUFF MUFF MUFF You'll be missed, but NEVER forgotten.

Leslieann MB-1602
Richard MB-2750

"hey asshole! what the fuck's going on?"

"ahhh you know, watchin' the world go 'round."

i got nothin'. i loved that man. he was a good soul...so generous and kind.

not sure how many of you guys know this (the zhillians do) but johnny was instrumental in keeping that bomber flying for skydivers. he gave alot of money each year to the restoration society (i think it was) to ensure it continued to fly jumpers.

i got my muff brother number back in january 1999, - #1965...from johnny.

whenever i would see that lazy eye of his, i would laugh. :D we joked about selling the squares of carpet from the muff trailer.

i remember when he burned his arm/chest with that damn firework. lol he used to get me to go bring back hundreds of dollars worth of explosives from SC for the shows he'd put on at the hills a few years ago. once the mortar fell over, shot under someone's trailer and almost caught fire! :) god bless 'em. a stray is what burned him.

i'm gonna miss that asshole, but what a way to go. i bet he was smiling like a m-fer at the end of the skydive...especially if he didn't take it out and they did 2 pts.:P

big red and black canopy, split slider, MUFF! MUFF! MUFF! crossed legs...frap hat and those red muffs. thank fucking god someone thought to keep those.

johnny, i love you asshole. there aren't enough words. you will always be number one with me, brother. :(

At 4:20 PM today, we ALL rallied around the pea pit had held a vigil for our asshole brother Johnnie.

That's precisely the time Johnnie would have picked. ;) Thank you, ZHills Bros., for representing all of us Assholes who couldn't be there.

ZHills will always be a great DZ, but it will never be the same without him.

Kevin

Arlo,

Great post. I will miss that old asshole greatly. Yesterday we took our little one for a walk to have a private moment and let my eyes sweat a little. Believe it or not every time I looked in the sky I could feel Johnny out there. That has never happened to me before...I could really feel he is still around. I love that old bastard!:)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275