xenaswampjumper

Muff Muff Johnny Gates...........

I have no doubt that St. Peter is busy trying to fit our muff brother with his halo and a set of wings. I'm not really sure if heaven is quite ready for him, but I definately know it will never be the same with him there.

gump

I have no doubt that Johnny is trying to fit St. Peter with muffs!

Thanks for all the fun Johnny!!! :)

Jack

hey johnny CAN I HAVE YOUR EAR MUFFS

TANDEM GUY

Actually, just a note for all, his muffs were cut off of his frap hat by someone at the scene and are being permantantly mounted in the otter.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

hey johnny CAN I HAVE YOUR EAR MUFFS

TANDEM GUY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, just a note for all, his muffs were cut off of his frap hat by someone at the scene and are being permantantly mounted in the otter.

Frickin right on.....
thats cool :)
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

I believe a measure of a man's life is the number of friends who grieve your passing and many people are grieving today.

We lost a good friend on saturday.

Johnny Gates was a genuinely good person.
Learn from his lesson to not take yourself or life too seriously.

Remember his admonition to love one another and look out for one another.

Johnny had a great life and died while doing what he loved.

Rest in peace old friend.

We will miss you.

MUFF MUFF Johnny! He was truly a beautiful person inside and out. If there could only be more people like in this crazy sport! Johnny you will be sorely missed and never forgotten! After readinghe forums this morning and realizing this was true:(, I cried like a baby but then I thought how great it would be if we could all be so lucky to die doing something we loved as much as he loved skydiving! Fly free Johnny! Muff Muff!

I'm speechless.

Other than having to check my keyboard for water damage, the only other thing I can think of is if anyone is going to die in such a cool manner, I'm certainly not surprised it was Johnny.

Hey Asshole!

MB2773

I said the same thing - he wouldn't have wanted to go out in any other fashion.

It's sad, but I'm not sad. Johnny lived one hell of a life and got everyone to join in on the fun. I'm just glad I got to enjoy a small part of it while he was around.

Blue skies Johnny, Zhills and WFFC will never be the same without you.

Love that..."He died of natural causes in his natural environment"

Johnny was one of my favorite things about Zhills, always looked forward to seeing him there. Will miss him immensely!

Awesome vibe. Awesome guy. Awesome way to go.

Muff, Muff!
MB#3592
"till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65 johnny gates"
...The Finest Asshole I've ever met! Muff, Muff!

Love that..."He died of natural causes in his natural environment"

Johnny was one of my favorite things about Zhills, always looked forward to seeing him there. Will miss him immensely!

Awesome vibe. Awesome guy. Awesome way to go.

Muff, Muff!
MB#3592

According to my sister this is what Jerry told her one night shortly after his death.

My gut tells me Johnny feels the same way.
Hope folks agree that it is appropriate to post.

Instead, look up on any given day,
Along side the clouds is where I will play.

As the sun goes down and day turns to night,
Across the stars of the Milky Way, I will take flight.

My love of this sport is so strong and so pure,
And each of us knows for that there’s no cure.

I know you are sad and it does not seem fair,
But you know in your hearts, I will always be there.

The time has now come to dry all those tears,
For me I would rather, you go grab your gear.

Get on the next load, I’m waiting for you,
Come fly with me in these vast skies of blue.

Tasia Tomany (Schrimsher) 10-2000

will miss you Johnny

Awesome!! That is a great idea.

I met johnny the first year WFFC was in rantoul. He organized a magic carpet outta the C130. He was a fun guy.

Fly Forever Johnny.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

As best I remember, I've been reading Johnny's posts here and to rec.skydiving for about 10 years. Despite his total lack of sentence structure (:D), he came across as a fun-loving guy with a great attitude who it was my loss never to have met. His sig line has always been "Till later, have fun and love each other...see ya" or some derivative thereof. It seems even more appropriate than usual here.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well, the deal is, the family is going to have first dips at his remains. Rest assured, we here at Z-hills are going to have a massive fucking skydive in his honor at the first possbile opportunity.

At 4:20 PM today, we ALL rallied around the pea pit had held a vigil for our asshole brother Johnnie. Yes, there might have been some nig-noggery involved, and there were certainly some good stories told. You simply cannot be sad for Johnnie. He went the way ALL OF US hope to go. Died tracking away. Sack of potatoes under his CYPRES-fired reserve. Landed next to Tony Suits. Plenty of folks tried to revive him, but with no luck. Any of us with a real outlook on life who have spent a ton of our lives involved in the sport could only HOPE that we go that way. Perfect.

"Hey asshole" "What?" Count off!" "ONE!"

Chuck

pizzapong

i have known johnny for more than 25 years. this muff brother was born at z-hills .never have i known of a more happy , genuine, generous soul than he. my last memory of my friend was a conscious decision on his part to track off at the bottom end of the dive. i know now that he had tracked through the veil. though he was loved literally around the world, he belonged to us. he loved skydiving and he personified z-hills. it's going to take a while for the pain to subside, but his soul is here for anyone to enjoy. should we all be so blessed to go as he did. see you out there buddy.

marcandalysse

[snip]
I liked your phrase 'tracked through the veil', very nice....
[snip]

livendive

As best I remember, I've been reading Johnny's posts here and to rec.skydiving for about 10 years. Despite his total lack of sentence structure ( ), he came across as a fun-loving guy with a great attitude who it was my loss never to have met. His sig line has always been "Till later, have fun and love each other...see ya" or some derivative thereof. It seems even more appropriate than usual here.

Blues,
Dave

I was just hoping that these thoughts wouldn't be lost, posted in the other thread and all...

I didn't know him, but blue ones.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I briefly met Johnny last year at the Muff Brother Reuninon AS a matter of fact I graduated my AFF that Saturday, and learned a very important lession Free drinks have their own price...that sunday was beautiful, but enough about that.

Johnny was an awesome guy. From the brief encouter I had with him. At least he went doing that which he loved, and also the fact that it was medical and not him doing something really stupid has to say something about the man. He was cool as fuck and an awesome skydiver.

BSBD Johnny Gates
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192