xenaswampjumper

Muff Muff Johnny Gates...........

RIP Coolo Rodriguez. :(

Anytime I saw him and asked him how he was doing he'd say, "Just having fun, loving life."

I know if you truly love this sport the last thing you want to do is die doing it to avoid hurting it but if anybody deserved the right to go out "big" this way it was him.

Blus skies forever asshole. :)

I cant help thinking about what my brother said after our father passed almost the same way.

"He died of natural causes,
in his natural environment."

Another one that comes to mind was on a not so great jumping day. I believe it was TK, gets on the PA from manifest and says;
"Johnny, close your trailer door, your creating overcast conditions for the rest of us":)

Its always 420 now my friend.
Pass one to Jerry for me.;)

Muff Muff

Taken from Incidents:

Wonderhog Said:

We'll miss you , Brother.
Muff, Muff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laurel

Nemo said:

Muff Muff!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was brought into the MuffHood several years ago whilst on a visit to Z-Hills. Johnny Gates led that dive ceremony, which was an absolute blast. I was to float with everyone else diving. On cue I fell away, only to look up as the plane flew on with the rest of the group still in the door waving and laughing at me!
Needless to say they all caught up with me post haste, but it was strange for the first few seconds as I was left wondering whether I messed up the count or something.

Blue skies Johnny.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

AHH SUMMER DAYZ SPENT AT THE HILLS DC 3'S AND 10 WAY SPEED PARKING LOT LOCALS , MUFF BROTHERS, ELVIS AND THE KERNEL, MILO AND MILO,BLUE TANKS AND VAN BREAKS.

I KNOW YOUR SPIRIT LIVES ON IN EVERYONE OF US YOU TOUCHED, AND IN TURN EVERYONE THAT WE TOUCH.

MY OWN SON, JOE, IS AT ZHILLS TODAY, AS I WRITE THIS, MAKING HIS FIRST JUMPS IN THE SKYS WE ENJOYED,CONTINUING THIS EPIC LOVE OF A SPORT AND ITS PEOPLE.

LETS NOT GRIEVE, BUT CELEBRATE A LIFE THAT STILL LIVES AND GIVES.

THANKS FOR TEACHING US HOW TO LOVE JOHNNY

BLUE SKYS, BLACK CROTCHLESS UNDERWARE, ARE YOU READY TO EAT FUCK SKYDIVE, WHO WITH, EVERYBODY,

JOHNNY MEANT EVERYBODY DONT FORGET THAT!!!

JUSTIN SILVIA
MB 66
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

Johnny Gates LIVED life, and brought Blue Skies to all of us that were fortunate enough to know and love him. He was a rare, beautiful, and genuine soul that graced this earth with his presence. In the midst of sorrow, we can only smile knowing that when the call comes for your final break-off, Johnny's last formation set the example. HEY ASSHOLE -- we'll miss you, but you'll ALWAYS be #1 (with the middle digit extended!) with me! Van Break has left the building, but now can fly on for eternity! Just think of the skydivers he's joined and the amazing flying they're doing with smiles all around . . . Good-bye, my friend.

Cris Fucci
MB-803

I have no doubt that St. Peter is busy trying to fit our muff brother with his halo and a set of wings. I'm not really sure if heaven is quite ready for him, but I definately know it will never be the same with him there.

Thanks Johnny for all the good times at the muff trailer and in the sky. I can't help but think we have an asshole in heaven making sure we don't screw up the skydive.

muff, muff, asshole!

gump

Johnny Gates was one of those larger than life individuals who would jump with absolutely anyone. I am not sure I ever heard him ask anyone how many jumps they had.

I also have to say, Man, he could take a hit!

The funny thing is no matter how hard he got took out he was still smiling in the landing area. Nothing but a cloud of positive energy around him.

Blue skies Johnny, you will be remembered.

edited for lack of typing skill
"... this ain't a Nerf world."

Johnny was one of the true otters of the universe. He could have fun anywhere with anyone doing anything, and he inspired many others to do the same. With death the when is always too soon, but the image of him having a great jump with friends and then literally tracking off into the sunset is classic Johnny. Maybe that was his way of leaving a smile to help those closest to him through their grief.

Another one that comes to mind was on a not so great jumping day. I believe it was TK, gets on the PA from manifest and says;
"Johnny, close your trailer door, your creating overcast conditions for the rest of us"

yep...
it was a fire creating so much snoke that it shut us down....
that was a classic moment.....:D:D
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Jesus Christ that fucking sucks--not for you, ASSHOLE, but for the rest of us!!

Johnny had such a love of the sport. Oddly, the last message I have from dz.com was from him.. Hard to believe that all the thousands of people he muffed he still had such a big heart & remembered the "little people"!

What a great way to go.. And what a great loss to skydivers everywhere.

Bye bye ASSHOLE :(

Nataly
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I wsa lucky to have met him and even luckier to have jumped with him.
One of the most genuin people I have ever met and a hell of a skydiver.

Muff Muff Johnny youll be missed all over the world.

Make room for Johnny Gates !

Aussie mb3862
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

I remember back at the easter boogie in 94 when johnny G and darrell H muffed a load of us and decided to heat up the muff brother cattle brand by the bonfire that night and us newly muffed brothers taking our pants down ready to take that red hot brand on the ass :$ ( Not knowing it was a joke ) haha I was fuckin scared but ready to take it!

Thanks Johnny for the great memories and great sunset load bigways

rest in peace brother

This is terrible, I mean really terrible.........not so much Johnny be dead after all he was an ASSHOLE. I just bet there will be a big party this weekend at z-hills cause you know that's what Johnny would want, lot's of jumping and people having fun..........

yep, I bet TK is working out the details right now........

and I got to work :(

man Johnny was one fun guy.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little