skyesspot

Blue Skies Tommy D

I can’t believe it’s true - another beautiful soul gone. My heart is so heavy. I am going to miss you Tommy D. You always helped me see the bright side of things. Thank you for always sharing and being such a giving and caring person. Your spirit will be greatly missed around B-town! Everyone loved you and I will never forget you. I still have pictures of you on my camera from a couple of weekends ago!!!

Eternally blue skies my friend. Fly free with the angels.

Cumulus and Shannon will definitely be happy to see you.

PS: I can just hear you over the intercom too, singing “B double E double R U N. Beer run!”

--------------------------------------------------
"Well, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripe, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol!"

Tommy D. "Up at the crack of noon." You and GFD were two of my first friends at Byron. You had very subtle sense of humor, but I usually got it. You're the only guy I know who had a coozy for a growler. The look on your face when I'd walk out to the plane, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, with a 250lb tandem student was priceless... "Thanks for the drag, dude!"

To know Tom was to love him. I will miss my hello and goodbye hugs every weekend. I will miss a lot more about him, too. And, damn... I just started to understand all the mumbles.

Fly free, Tom. I'll see you on the other side, too. Say hi to Cliff, Shannon and the rest for me. Love you, brother.

Andy

Blog Clicky

To know Tom was to love him. I will miss my hello and goodbye hugs every weekend. I will miss a lot more about him, too. And, damn... I just started to understand all the mumbles.

No matter his mood or how long I've been gone, he'd greet me with a loud "Timmaayy"!! made me smile every time.

I was around a lot more during his earlier years in Byron. There were a few times I've had to raise an eyebrow a little befuddled and say "What?" But he was easy to "get" in my opinion.

Remember this as well. Half a bag of Rum Pineapples is a bad Idea. Those who have been left holding the bag understand. That is, if they were foolish enough to finish it.

I'm glad I got to see Tom during our latest thursday gatherings. I was looking forward to more of that.

Here is part of a message I wrote to an old friend of his.

"I'm glad you have good words about Tom. There really is only good things to say about him. Crazy odd fucker... I'll miss him"

His reply

"Odd isn't even in the same ballpark as Tom was. That's exactly what I loved about him"

Those who know him will get that perfectly.

R.I.P.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

As I sit here to try to make sense of a senseless death, I'm reminded how selfish I am to be sad and cry for not being able to see you, to hug you, or to talk to you again face to face. I will have this moment of selfishness and call it my own, I will cry.. but then wipe the tears away remembering the moments that will make me miss you most. I will then celebrate your life, instead of mourning your death.

Most people probably don't know about our little chats together, and like the time I tried to do cunning linguist just to you...I couldn't get past the first verses. We also got to talk alot walking out in the byron field while waiting for tandems to land. You always went out there to catch tandems whenever you were available.

I will miss the funny stuff. You could always make me laugh with just the silly expressions you made. I will miss your smile, your company.
I will definitely miss your hugs, you gave them with such feeling. Those who love you most could feel your warmth, could feel your heart.

I felt your heart. You are my friend - and I love you.
:(:D

Ohhhh so that was him on my back taking out the BFR....on the Sunset Load.

I am going to miss Tom a hell of a lot.. I still cant believe it....He always enjoyed the "special" Amazon Hugs when ever we met up at Prairie or Byron...Like I said to everyone on the plane.. think of the good stuff...always.. its the best way we can remember our missing friends.[:/]

Well that last photo is the way I remember my young friend. Yeah I remember when he was a young pup jumper. He was hanging out under the arm of another dear friend who is no longer with us. He packed for me to earn some jumping cash and I used the basement at his apartment to crash more than once. We probably showed him some crazier times than we should have, but damn it was fun.

Soft spoken but caring, when you could understand what he was saying. My heart goes out to all of you who came to know him after he left this part of the country, and those that knew him from here.

Its kinda bringing a tear to my eye thinking about him even though we have not seen each other for about two years now. Times like these remind me how important it is to always stay in touch, you just never know when you won't be able to again.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."