skyesspot

Blue Skies Tommy D

Tom Gusto... LP won't be the same without your smiling face.

I'll be lifting a bottle of Lang in your honor.

NorCal weeps. :(

My heart goes out to all of you today.

I was lucky enough to meet Tom in LP this year and spend time with him in Byranada. From asking him to move his tent so we could setup the kitchen, to having him save my blown out flip flop with shoe goop, to being able to count on him to be my "Sunscreen Guy", he did it all with a smile.

I can see him doing a cute little dance through camp with the music playing in the background and when the girls all came by on Saturday night for Choir practice, he was there walking around all "charming" with a plate full of hors d'oeuvres (they were good, BTW, Tom, even though you said they were probably lousy).

Hugs and love to all of you today.

Canada weeps too. :(

'Shell
'Shell

I loved Tommy D so damn much.

He was a wonderful, amazing person - quiet because he didn't feel the need to talk for the sake of talking, but he could have an amazing conversation with you as well.

Kind hearted and wonderful.

Always willing to dance with me, and how about that voice when he administered VCL. It was the clearest words ever spoken by "the mumbler" and in an entirely different tone.

He always told me to be safe, and he kept me that way.

Thank you, I love you, you kept me safe.

If it makes anyone feel any better to know this. I think Tom went out enjoying his life. Tom and I had gotten to liking one another and were spending some time together and I was lucky enough to see a lot of that amazing smile that only comes out once and a while and a twinkle in his thoughtfull eyes. Last time I talked to him was in the door of the skyvan. He said, "May I have a kiss," and of course, he got one.

We did a jump for him later that day, sunset load on the DC-3. We sang "him him fuck him" and "the Byron Boogie Boys" at 10,000 feet. Even though we were going to leave him a slot, he decided it'd be more fun to take out his own jump.

Please please please stay safe everyone, I love you all so much.

RIP Tommy D. You will be sorely missed and forever remembered.

Blue Skies and Byron Love Always - i'll be looking forward to a dance with you the next time we meet.

A beautiful post Wonderwoman.

When I first met Tom, he seemed so hard to get to know. We barely spoke. Then I was able to bring him some love from a mutual friend and his eyes lit up and I was at once welcome into his life. I am so thankful I have that day to remember - the day he opened up to me and allowed me to be a friend.

Thank you Tom for making the sky bluer and the planet more pleasant. You will be missed.

Smiling to you in your heaven where you can jump all day and play all night...

"Crazy Legs" - Thanks to your video...

Jean
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

I'm raising a glass to my only neighbor at Byron back in the day. My head is playing back all the memories of booze berries and home brew, of cooking pizza for you in my oven 'cause yours sucked. Of sharing dinner and "deep" conversations about life and death after Jett was asleep. Of making fun of your boobie coozy. Of being mad at your for months for FUCKING pieing me! Of your mumbles and me not understanding what the hell you were trying to say! Of you in your Gravity Gear Hoodie.... on your skateboard... on my skateboard... Of you getting knocked on my skateboard.... Of you swooping the pond.... and on.... and on.... and on....

No Byron Boogie will ever be the same without you... and your fucked up concoctions.

Give you Mom a hug up there. Cumy must be happy to see you too!

We'll see you when we see you Tommy D.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

To all of you who have posted so far.....it is great to see the love felt for such a great guy. He was one of the people who helped welcome me into skydiving back in the day at SDI. And years later, seeing him at Byron.....that twinkle in his eye and smile brought back so many memories.
I agree that Tom went out doing something he loved. Now he is reunited with his precious bulldogs.

Give the muffins some love for me Tommy D!

You will definitely be missed, my friend.

Tom,
I'm speechless... I cannot believe this news... it makes me very sad.
You taught me how to pack... you taught how to play to your linguist game :)
I already miss you, and byron won't be the same without you...

Like you used to told me: Tchin Tchin.... My next jump
will be for you my friend...

BSBD
Samuel
Samuel - Adept of Byron's Love

I can see him doing a cute little dance through camp with the music playing in the background and when the girls all came by on Saturday night for Choir practice, he was there walking around all "charming" with a plate full of hors d'oeuvres (they were good, BTW, Tom, even though you said they were probably lousy).

I got to hang out with him for a bit that night while the Cracks practiced (it was quite odd, considering most of my other interactions with Crack practice were of the Pete Hill variety). I had plenty of drinks on the porch with him in the last few years, and at least a few down at McGregor. We did VCL stuff together in Byron 05, and we shared drinks and laughs in Tahoe with the other Snow Whoores last February (when, I believe, that picture of him and Shannon was taken). Tom was a warm, funny guy with a great smile, regardless of where I ran into him, and I'll miss those encounters and his friendly man-hugs. As I said Sunday, my heart goes out to NorCal right now. It's been a rough year, and I hope you all know how much the rest of us love you fuckers.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Damn this sucks.

Tom, i have so many wonderful memories...but the one i think of the most is you teaching me to keep my cool on the plane. You knew how much i hated the plane. I will never forget that night. Its the one thing that still keeps me sane on the plane.

I am honored to have known you. Take care up there and give Shannon a big hug for me too.

S

I was keeping it together quite well until I saw that picture.

I think I had more respect for Tom than any other skydiver I have ever known. He was as real as they came. First person to offer assistance and last one to say a bad thing about anybody. He had my back on more than a few occasions. We would all do well to emulate those qualities.

While your physical presence is gone, your memory and your effect on us lives on. Goodbye Tom. We love you.

Swooping Tommy D....just thinking of all those nights out in SF and then you showing up to the DZ about 3pm the next day. Really got to know you on the trip to Lost Prairie and don't think i've met a more sincere or kind hearted person. I have lots of great pictures from that trip.

I hope you got the picture message I sent Sunday morning to you and the boys down there. I was making some breakfast for you guys as we did several mornings in SF.

I know you will be looking down and keeping us all safe. Great job on snatching Ilea's VCL pin and taking that with you. I'm going to miss you buddy. We all are going to miss you.

until we meet again.

eternal blue skies to you :(
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Swooopin Tommy D! I'm really gonna miss you buddy, messing with you on the plane, sharing your booze berries, hanging out in the hangar, just your presence.. I'll miss your warmth, your caring and your compassionate spirit. Love you, Tom. Fly free up there. [:/]
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

I don't usually post here, but finding out about Tom has drawn me on to this post.

It's sad that often times we only truly are able to recognize how much we appreciate someone , or realize how much they mean to us, is when we don''t have them there to tell them how important they truly are.

I feel fortunate to have known Tom and to be welcomed by him when I first started jumping in Byron. Over the years he was always a great person to talk to, was always interested in what was happening with me, and was just an overall caring, nice guy.

I will miss you Tom.

Alex