LouDiamond

In memory of Tom

Tom was a Capricorn to the end. He was born on January 19th, I don't know what year, but find it sad that he passed on the 20th. Please tell me the zone is going to do something! This isn't just some skydiver we can drink a toast to...this was Tom: friend of the Blue Angels, friend to thousands of young andold people in nearly every country. There should be a memorial ceremony at the zone wherein both the military and skydivers can express there respect for a man who set examples in this world. Tom was a proud Marine, Special Forces and paratrooper. He served his country well. Were it one of us---he would do the same. [email]

Yesterday we got the touching news ...

... & couldn't stop talking about Tom!

Tom has touched a lot of hearts in different ways!
All of us will keep him alive through stories, memories & dreams!

It will never be the same at the DZ!

Tom,
Thanks for "taking me under your wings"
I will miss you!
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goals"

I'm so sad to hear this!

:(

As a former Eloy regular with tons of friends still there, Tom was a staple of the dropzone that I always looked forward to seeing and saying hi to every time i visited.

He was always reading! I loved that.

And that photo by Mike McGowan is an amazing tribute.

Blue Skies, Tom.

Andi
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I am a gonna go get me some wireless headphones and a can of beer and watch television whilest eating popcorn

he was a hella nice guy and will be missed while I am there this march.

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I spent many a day and many a night with Tom. I know he is in a better place.

Tom was homeless and living in the desert before he found Skydive Arizona. He had many local and international friends because of his job. Avid reader, he also impressed everyone by bringing his guitar and completing a live acoustic and vocal set at the Bent Prop.

Blue Skies, Tom!

:)

I have been to Eloy a few times for training camps/vacations... Tom sounds familiar, but I am having a hard time putting name + face. Anyone have a picture?

I'm on the road (to Eloy) More pics at the house.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

There will not be a "memorial service" for Tom as per his wishes.
Tom was part of our family here and of course we will be celebrating Tom's life.

There will be a tree planted in honor of Tom. The family welcomes any cards and stories that you may want to share. They may be sent to the address below the post.
It was Tom's desire to have his ashes dropped over the DZ followed by a "wake that would do ya proud". He wanted his friends together laughing and having fun.He didn't want anything more than this.
Discussion is underway regarding the date, but it looks to be mid-January. I will post the information here soon.
B2

Send Memory cards to:
Skydive Arizona Manifest
4900 N Taylor Rd
Eloy, AZ 85231

I'm glad to hear that there it is going to be how he wanted, I will definitley want to be part of that ash dive when it happens.

I remember talking to him in the bar quite in depth last year on New Years Eve, he showed a whole other side that I hadn't seen. What a gentle and kind soul.

RIP Tom, I will miss the hugs and your ever glowing smile and kindness.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

There will not be a "memorial service" for Tom as per his wishes.
Tom was part of our family here and of course we will be celebrating Tom's life.

There will be a tree planted in honor of Tom. The family welcomes any cards and stories that you may want to share. They may be sent to the address below the post.
It was Tom's desire to have his ashes dropped over the DZ followed by a "wake that would do ya proud". He wanted his friends together laughing and having fun.He didn't want anything more than this.
Discussion is underway regarding the date, but it looks to be mid-January. I will post the information here soon.
B2

Send Memory cards to:
Skydive Arizona Manifest
4900 N Taylor Rd
Eloy, AZ 85231

Sorry to hear about your lose. We'll celebrate his life and known kindness to you all at our dz Greene Co SPS. Tom, it sounds like people like you make life worth living! Fly Free up there :)
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

Ya know, it's rare that I post here anymore. I couldn't resist when I saw this thread about Tom.

He was indeed an incredible man. It's difficult to say anything about him without feeling trite and cheesy as hell. For those that knew Tom, knew what a tough old bastard he could be. He smoked like a freight train, was grouchy as hell sometimes, drank like a fish, and devoured Soduku books and read everything he could get his hands on. Damn, what an original soul. He lived more lives than most of us could hope to.

The night that we celebrated him in the bar with lots of Busch in a can I couldn't help thinking of how god-awful that damn beer is. I hope Tom is drinking good beer now and chain-smoking without coughing. Best wishes to you, you tough old bird... wherever you are.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Sad news, Good old Tom, he was the only person i could count on when i needed a light, a great bar fly, The sound of his distinct cough was rivaled only by the rattely growel the junky old Ford he drove, pulling the tram back and forth.. one of these old folks, weathered and kind, even when he was a grump when we changed the TV channels he still was a cool man. Definitely a real part of the soul of Skydive AZ, I'll miss you. Be well up there.

Cheers to you. :)

I just heard about Tom's passing and was shocked and saddenned. Tom was a special person to have known and spent time with.

Betsy, thanks for the info re memorial cards and the ash dive - my spirit will be there and I will raise a beer on Saturday the 13th evening wherever I am in the world.

Liz