dzolloyd

The passing of Chris Hadley

It is truly a sad moment for me to convey the sad news of the passing of Spanky's son, Chris Hadley. Chris passed away today at Skydive Airtight after complaining of chest pains. The cause of his passing is not known yet. There will be a memorial service sometime this week and an ash dive at a later date. Chris was a freefall videographer and packer at SDA and a friend to all that knew him. There is a hollow feeling in all our hearts and he will be missed. Chris was 25 years old.
GET SOME, altitude!

It was not jump related. He did an uneventful freefall video about two hours earlier and had been performing packing duties all day. He complained of chest pains he thought were caused by indigestion and passed out about twenty minutes later. Steverino performed mouth to mouth, Phil Ashby performed CPR, and Doc Cari was helping as well. Paramedics could not revive him.
GET SOME, altitude!

Chris was a true friend. He was everyones bud at the DZ and always jumped with anyone he could. He was one hell of a skydiver for as many jumps as he had and always pushed me to be better. I will truly miss my friend, and thanks Chris for that sweet opening i had. Were always here for you Spanky.Your all in my Prayers!!!
Yours truly
(young spankeye)
Thor and Melissa
Blue Skies chirs!!! We love you man!

He was a great person who helped me anytime I asked for help no matter how busy he was.....and I had a lot of questions. He was the type of guy that if he happened to walk by and saw I was struggling with packing he'd stop, give advice/tips, and answered all my questions with patience and enthusiasm.

was this due to a skydiving accident or was he just at the dropzone at the time

His death was totally unrelated to skydiving. As Spanky said, it would have made more sense if he bounced. :| To die like that at 25 ...

Chris was a great young man! A very good skydiver (like his dad, Spanky) The last thing he did skydiving wise was film my tandem and he did an outstanding job!

Remember ole Spanky in your prayers, and don't forget the rest of SDA staff as we're pretty numb. [:/]

steveOrino

Oh No! Chris was a good kid. I jumped with him a few times over the years. He was usually quiet, but quick with a smile, and a good skydiver. He will be missed. My thoughts go out so Spanky and the rest of the staff at SDA. Dammit, it's us old farts that are supposed to go out that way!

BSBD,
Brett

Memorial services for Chris Hadley will be held Wednesday, 2:00 PM at the McClendon/Winters Funeral Home in Okmulgee, OK.

Spanky relayed to me that after examination the medical examiner reports that Chris had an existing heart disease that has been present for a few years. This was unknown by anyone. Spanky is doing pretty good considering. He is with his girlfriend Cheryl. However, his telephones are ringing continuously and he would like to have some privacy at this time. If you need more information or have questions, I will be happy to try to answer them for you.

If you have pictures of Chris, a copy for Spanky would be appreciated. Especially if you have one of him in freefall.

Chris' body was donated to the Red Cross for parts that could be used and his remains will be cremated. There will be an ash dive at a later date.

God rest his soul
GET SOME, altitude!