mustard

Josh Nahum

It's been just over one year since the day of the accident. I couldn't count how many times I have thought of my brother and the great times we had. :)
Sadly, I have had as many or more thoughts of him and the fifty-one days he fought for his life last year. [:/] It was a long ride of ups and downs...and ending with the ultimate down. >:( It seemed so unfair (and still does...) that such a good person can be snatched from this world in the blink of an eye.

Fortunately, Josh was not snatched. He had some good days in that stretch, but most were full of nurses in and out, those perpetual beeps and buzzes of ICU monitors, no sleep, God knows how many cat scans, shite food, and no real memory of how he got there. I can't imagine how he must have felt, but I know how we all felt while he was in there and we were out here. I know how I feel now. Like there's something missing...

It took a long time for me to "get over" the memory of the accident and even longer to not think of it every time I thought of my friend. It still hurts and I still wince every time I let that image go through my head. Thankfully I can still remember so many of the good times for when I start getting depressed.

Ironically, I just babysat his dogs last weekend which marked the year-to-date of his accident. It was their first time back to the DZ since that day. Believe it or not, the weekend was pretty full of the happier memories and only a few of those rough times. I can only hope that, with time, I can leave all the sad stuff behind and only hold on to the good juju. (Like that bad-ass birthday party he threw for me or the skydivin road trips to Cali!, da beers and booze, and the AWESOME meals. Fat boy loved to eat!)

I guess if anyone's reading this they should take with them one thought...

If you love someone, tell them what they mean to you. Thank them for helping you to be a better person or for helping you to look at things from another perspective. I know it sounds gay, but I can promise you that you won't be sorry if something like this happens to you or your friend(s) and they know how much they mean to you and others. I know a lot of people out here didn't have the chance to do this before he died.

I am thankful that I got to tell my friend these things while he was lucid. I was lucky. Of the fifty-one days he was in ICU, there were only a couple that he was not heavily sedated or so drugged up he didn't know which way was down. Don't leave the important stuff until it's too late.

I miss my friend terribly. That will never go away. We jumpers are one of the tightest groups of people in the coolest sport in the world. Know your limits. Be crazy and careful. Fly. Live. Be happy.

Peace.

chester

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

I still have a text massage from him. Josh was always so sweet and he always had a smile and a hug. He was a good friend.
It was weird not seeing him there, when I was back at Mile Hi a few months ago.
He is so missed and so loved by so many.

I saw the pic of him getting his AFF Certif. I forgot about the hair:S.

I will always miss him

Charissa

Well, here I am, a little after or almost a year later since you left. I want you to know that I miss you buddy. I almost didn't come to colorado just because I thought it would be harder because I knew everytime anything related to Colorado would come up, all the memories would come flooding back. The remaining semester at school was incredibly difficult to deal with, especially the fact that the last time I talked to you as Kristen held the phone to your ear, was the day before my flight was supposed to leave to come out to see you.

You are a great friend and I know you're watching out for me every single day, but sometimes I still can't believe that you're actually gone. I've taken everything you taught me last summer and locked it away. Every now and then I get this voice that tells me when I'm doing something stupid and ironically it sounds like you...but I also hear it when something awesome happens too...

Time has helped, but some days are harder than others. I can't be more thankful for the friends I gained not only through jumping but by knowing you as well. Every now and then you'll cross my thoughts and I'll look up at the sky wherever I am and a smile will come across my face because I know you're better off now and you're just waiting for the rest of us to get there an manifest with you.

I talk to your mom and Kristen as much as I can, and even found your Victoria's email and your dad's and passed on my thoughts and photos to them.

Anyways, just wanted to say that even though you're my boy and its tough to think about you being gone, I know that you're right beside, watching, and helping me get through everything.

I miss you buddy....

Carl
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Fuck,

Time flies. I don't know what to think right now. What is odd is that I knew this time was coming around again and I've been thinking of Josh constantly. However, living away from Colorado right now, I feel as though I have been removed from the impact he had on so many people. On an individual, one-to-one level, Josh and I's relationship right now is peaceful and strong, just as it has always been. There is still a deep hurt in the bottom of my stomach that cuts like a knife that I constantly feel every time I look at my green wristband I've been wearing for him, but at the same time, I feel as though all is right. What I had not visited recently was the stinging pain that folks feel all around Colorado and other places around the world due to Josh being up and away.

Man. All I want to do right now is be back in Colorado to spend time with some of the crew at the DZ who knows just how much he meant to people. I'm sending good vibes right now to everyone who was close to him and hopefully I'm silently getting those vibes back.

I hope everyone takes this Halloween day to remember that crazy ape and keep the Nagasaki legacy going...

I love you all.

Trav

Cheers,
Travis

Hey Travis I'm with you here. When tragedy strikes others (like the Snohomish crew) or Tonto's death, I think of Josh as well. Heck I occansionally think of Josh even when other tragedies don't occur. I know Josh was friends to many people and he was especially close to the old Brush crew. I will never forget the party he had at his house the summer of 2005 in Loveland where people were running around shooting each other with their pea guns (or whatever it was they were using). Good times ... good times.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Fuck,

Time flies. I don't know what to think right now. What is odd is that I knew this time was coming around again and I've been thinking of Josh constantly. However, living away from Colorado right now, I feel as though I have been removed from the impact he had on so many people. On an individual, one-to-one level, Josh and I's relationship right now is peaceful and strong, just as it has always been. There is still a deep hurt in the bottom of my stomach that cuts like a knife that I constantly feel every time I look at my green wristband I've been wearing for him, but at the same time, I feel as though all is right. What I had not visited recently was the stinging pain that folks feel all around Colorado and other places around the world due to Josh being up and away.

Man. All I want to do right now is be back in Colorado to spend time with some of the crew at the DZ who knows just how much he meant to people. I'm sending good vibes right now to everyone who was close to him and hopefully I'm silently getting those vibes back.

I hope everyone takes this Halloween day to remember that crazy ape and keep the Nagasaki legacy going...

I love you all.

Trav

You are missed Josh my brother, and won't be forgotten!
Josh's Memorial video

Travis--you're missed too!
Peace,
pope

This article on CNN came out today. I archived it by making a PDF, so when this link dies I'll make a link to the PDF file.

May your fate and the memory of you save others down the road. :|

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Funny that this thread got to the top again this morning, just last night I was transferring my log book into a spreadsheet and copying all the gruesome details of my AFF jumps.

It took me 10 years to finish AFF and Josh is responsible for the greatest progress I made, 4 jumps in 2006 a week before I was cleared. Thanks mate, the big smileys you left in my book with positive comments make me smile.

hello to all that have posted on here, i am very jealous of a lot of you as you got to experience skydiving with a kid that made even driving in a car down the street fun. Josh and myself were best friends in HS and talked on a number of occassions that we wanted to make our first jump together. unfortunaltely i met a girl after my first attempt at college and moved to south carolina cutting of all ties with home. I missed josh alot but knew our paths would cross again. I did not make my first jump until 2005, obviously he got into the sport much earlier then i...it was not until after he passed that i caught a glimpse of his face on a video or picture, and i was like no way...he did it, i thought i need to find him to make a jump... unfortunately i found what i was looking for in a memorial/tribute video on a friends myspace page. He was an amazing person with a kind heart, i wish we had time to make that jump together, someday i will make it out to mile-hi skydiving and make a tribute jump, hopefully with some of his good friends, we both shared similar personalities, and thats why it did not surprise me to know that he chose the rewarding life of skydiving, i miss him and will always love him like the brother he was to me back in the good ole days of fairport high school

"see you when i get there!!!"

blue skies!!!

Billy Stapleton
B-30169

Well, another year gone by...

Still miss my brother, but time is helping to heal the pain.

I'll be rasing a glass (or can or bottle or shot) to all my friends and family who I am still lucky enough to have here with me. Cheers, :)
chester

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Well, another year gone by...

Still miss my brother, but time is helping to heal the pain.

I'll be rasing a glass (or can or bottle or shot) to all my friends and family who I am still lucky enough to have here with me. Cheers, :)
chester

Was just thinking of ole Joshey the other day. Seems like there aren't that many weeks that pass that I don't. Still miss him like the day he left us.

Cheers,
Travis