Tonto

Condolences - Michael Bruce Ramon

From Shell666

My heart goes out to you all in Orange. I have a lot of friends there and while I want to know, I think I can wait.

Hugs to everyone there ... I love you all.

Take care, cry and celebrate their life.

'Shell

It's the year of the Pig.

From flygrrrl95

He was an amazing person and I can't believe how lucky I was to spend 5 years of my life with him. He was my best friend for so long and one of the most loving, generous, fun and happy people I've ever known. I will miss him for the rest of my life. I will always remember his love for skydiving, life and people!

From bigdfreefly

I knew Mike a long time ago when he jumped at Wright Brother's Skydiving and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Mike was an awesome guy and he will surely be missed

From butterflysb

My heart goes out to all of Mike's friends and family. I lost my boyfriend 6 months ago~ I know there isn't much I can say, but I feel your pain. So much love to all of you!

Sara

My heart is heavy. I've tried to write this post about 20 times and it feels like I'm never going to be able to find the right words.

Although I didn't know Mike well, he gave me some packing tips when he saw me struggling and some freefly advice when I was having trouble with my sit. He was kind, sweet, and seemed like a great guy. I wish I would have had a chance to get to know him better.

To his family, I am so very sorry for your loss.

To my grieving family at Orange, I love you guys.

If there is anything I can do for any one of you, please let me know.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

i did not know michael - but i do know people that did - from what i understand of him there is no doubt he was a great person

my deepest condolences are sent to everyone affected by this loss!!

many thoughts and prayers!!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Mike Ramon was my next door neighbor and one of my closest friends in this world. The loss of Mike leaves a huge void in our little circle. He was someone I hung out and drank beers with and talked about life with on a daily basis. Someone I could trust with my life; someone I went to for advice and could confide in with anything and everything.

Mike had a "Life Happens - Be Happy" attitude that was addictive and rubbed off on everyone around him. In all the time I knew him, I never saw him frown even once. He had a horrible poker game, but he gave the best hugs in the world. He would show up for 20 minutes and stay for 3 hours. Some of my greatest memories that will last a lifetime are of Mike and my other close friends, barbequing outside my back door, breaking wine glasses, and laughing as we listened to "United States of Whatever" over and over.

I'm not quite sure what jumping means to me right now. Everything changes when you lose someone like Mike. I'll be taking a little time to put things into perspective. Until then, all I can say is that more people in this world need to be like Mike: positive, genuine, loving, selfless, thoughtful, inspiring, and supportive.

Mike was my rock. I knew that no matter what the hell happened to me, I was going to be okay because I had Mike as my friend. He let me know constantly that he valued my friendship and he would be there for me no matter what. I felt that way about him. He was a gift to me. And I’m sure he will still be by my side through everything, just in a different way.

Eternal blue skies to one of the greatest human beings I've known.

Mike was my rock. I knew that no matter what the hell happened to me, I was going to be okay because I had Mike as my friend. He let me know constantly that he valued my friendship and he would be there for me no matter what. I felt that way about him. He was a gift to me. And I’m sure he will still be by my side through everything, just in a different way.

There are many ways people measure success in life. Money, fame, power... but I've always felt that the best measurement on whether your life was a success or not is if the world was a better place for you having been in it.

Not that you cured cancer, ended wars or created world peace. But did you influence just one person's life in a positive direction. Where you there for them when they needed it.

In the end it's really all that matters and it sounds like Mike had that in spades.

Blue skies on a life well lived.

I just got back from Mike's standing-room only memorial service. The recurring theme was that he made everyone feel like he was their best friend. He really knew how to have fun and loved everyone he met. I'd say that he lived a very successful life. His family, coworkers, and friends are celebrating the joy that he brought into their lives in the midst of their sorrow. He will be greatly missed.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

The service was incredible, the chapel was filled friends and family, with people that knew him well and people who he only touched just once
It is so sad that a tragedy such as this is what it takes some times to bring friends together.
We all should take notice.

Mike will be with us in spirit forever
And has left a large void in my heart.

I was one of the lucky ones to have had Mike as a friend. He started Skydiving just a few months before me but was the first person to jump with me after I was off student status. We later became roommates. Mike was the most unique individual I have ever known. He never ran out of things to say and would do anything for a friend.
You will be greatly missed Mike!
Miles

Michael is my brother and after reading all the kind things everyone has to say, I couldn't be more proud. I know how important skydiving was to his life and even though the hole in my heart is unbearable right now, I really applaude Mike for living life and doing the things he loved. Mike didn't dream dreams... he lived dreams.

Thanks so much to his skydiving "family" for all the kind words and attending his funeral. He always talked so highly of the people involved in the sport and I think that's a huge reason he loved it so much.

I've attached a pic for everyone to see.

Mike's service was truly beautiful...To hear and relive so many stories from the Eugene days and laugh at new stories has really helped me come to realize that Mike lived a full life....of happiness, with family and friends and of total spontaneous craziness that always kept things exciting!
Whether it was one of his bright ideas to tie a bunch of inner-tubes together and go on what turned out to be the coldest and most epic rafting trip on an Oregon srpring day(Remember Miles and Megan, all of us in shorts and bare feet bobbing down the river?!!)...Of course his reasoning afterwards was....'Well the way I see it, when your in your car with the heat on and you look out and see the first sunny day after months of clouds, it seemed like a good idea!!!' Followed by that famous laugh!
Or even just the little things like when we were roomates and we'd go to the store and end up there for hours smelling and talking about every single deodorant and going through the entire candy isle and always walking out with a few options of everything!!!
I love Mike and I cherish the friendship that we were given, his memories and famous one liners will live on and I will always eat my dessert first!!!

Kim & John, family & friends, I love you guys, stay close....
Smile & Laugh everyday, if you're not, change something..Life is now...

What a wonderful and loving group you are at Orange....Thanks so much for celebrating Mike and for posting some pictures for everyone to see...

I wish I could have been there...Those of you whom I met at his service seemed like a great group of people and this proves it for sure!!!

Take care, and don't be a stranger if ever in Southern Cali~
Smile & Laugh everyday, if you're not, change something..Life is now...

On behalf of the family, I would like to thank you soooooooo much for tribute to Michael. I know that each of you mean the world to him and we heard so much about many of you. You are truley great friends and I am honored that you were a part of my brother's life.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
:-) Kim