dqpacker

Mark Foster

I'm glad dq started this post, so we can ignore what the virtual skydivers in the other forum are speculating about skill and decsions made in fractions of seconds. Mark was a kind and generous man who was more into jumping than dz nonsense. He checked out too soon and that leaves a big hole in our scene. Peace, Joel

Mark was a great guy. He was always having fun and always willing to change his plans to make a jump if you wanted. When I first started freeflying, he jumped with me a lot despite how much I sucked, and he always had something positive to say. He was easy going and never seemed bothered by questions or requests for advice.

This is a real loss. We'll miss him.

Ben

I'm glad dq started this post, so we can ignore what the virtual skydivers in the other forum are speculating about skill and decsions made in fractions of seconds. Mark was a kind and generous man who was more into jumping than dz nonsense. He checked out too soon and that leaves a big hole in our scene. Peace, Joel

True statement.
I'll miss you, Mark.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I did not know you, but I am very sorry to never have the chance to. You seemed like a great person and you will be missed.

Blue skies, better days my brother!

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Mark....
You were one of the most generous, non judgemental, fun loving, kind hearted people I've ever met. You greeted all with your big smile and confused all with your goofy shoes. I'm so glad you had a trailer this year so you could experience the DZ the way all should at some point. And I'm glad us girls were able to give you our show a few weeks ago, I still remember that look on your face and all you could say was "WOW!" I will miss you a ton and look forward to the day we meet again. God Speed my friend!

:D...those black funny shaped shoes he wore...I wanted to ask "what's up with the shoes", but didn't want to hurt his feelings. Funny that someone else noticed...

(sigh) i log on to check on the new posts about mariann to take to the service today and i see this. wtf.

mark was a customer of mine at the gearstore a few years back after he started jumping. super, super nice guy...always well mannered with a keen sense of humor. what a sweet talking in an ever-so-innocent sorta way. :)

my condolences to his family and friends at baldwin.

damn what a week. :(

What a fantastic memorial jump we had for our brother...
You will be very missed, Mark. Your kind and generous spirit touched everyone who met you.
My head still hurts a little from the celebration of your life, but it's a good pain...
Thanks for the skydives, the laughs, oh and the ice cream...
Peace out to the only man other than my husband who's seen my tata's... I'm sure I'll feel your spirit in the shower next time.
Love, love, love, M
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

To anyone -

Who might know the funeral time and place and plans?

I know my family, our 4way team, etc all want to attend and pay respects. We'd have made it to the airport yesterday had we known in time. (Turns out several friends tried to call yesterday, but we did not have our phones with us the entire day).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I spoke with Cheryl this morning and she said his special request to his daughters was that that he didn't want a memorial service, no mourning just celebration. What happened last night was just what he wanted apparently. There is some word from her also that there will be an ash jump, details are sketchy for when at this point.

Mark, what a sweet person you were and how cool I got a chance to know you last year & this. Your fireworks were THE best and you were great competition in the wierd shoe contest. I wish I could have drank a sip of one of your highbrow beers and participated last night, but I was flying home from Oshkosh.
Tell erich I said Hi and I'll see you both whenev...

I'm sure we will have another party this weekend for Mark, so more of us can be here. Last night was just the start, this weekend is for Mark.

Hope to see you and lunder this weekend.
DQ

You got that right. I did get one note from a friend that any service might likely be in Colorado. I have a feeling that any ash dive will be a full airplane for sure.

Mark was hanging out in the SkyFest/Skydive store tent for the last few days. Had the chance to have a few conversations with him. Was very nice to meet him. I would have NEVER guessed he was 57, man he was in great shape and looked great.

Cant say enough about him in the short amount of time we chatted. It is an honor to have met you, and will be again in the future.

Blue skies to you:(
J

A good friend asked me to post this for him:

Another Brother Gone

Today we may say & party like there’s no tomorrow.
But most will see the new day.
And for those that don’t we grieve.
For today we play hard and take no prisoners and we hope to
take no baggage forward with us.
For those that see the new sun are truly KINGS & QUEENS.
MASTERS OF OUR UNIVERSES ALL!

IT may look to some that observe from the confines of their box
that those of us that cut our own trail are CRAZY!
But I/we can’t see the sun through the walls of normality.
But from out here the sun always rises but on the few we mourn.

SO PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR
For the new sun rises with blue skies and love for all !!!

MAD MAN
07/26/06

Written for those here.
Inspired by he who is not.
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

I have a feeling that any ash dive will be a full airplane for sure.

Just one plane? Two words: Formation load.

Nice pics DQ. I like the one of his favorite beer; it looks about 6' tall.

Yeah, Wednesday evening was special, and very nice. I'm gonna try to make it back out Saturday night.

BS everybody.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Here is a two photo sequence that made us chuckle a bit. Hopefully it will do the same for you.
What we have here is John Bucsko filming & photographing 4 people trying their hand at 4-way while Foster tries his at filming it. We laughed when we looked a little closer at the second photograph to see Mark(circled in red) on his back way below us. As always, a good time was had by all.
I know temps are going to reach the "melt granite" stage this weekend, but I hope to see everyone at Baldwin to celebrate Mark.
A formation load in his name is a fantastic idea! Problem is, if everyone that knew and liked Mark shows, we're going to need to fly in a couple of those C-130s.
See you at the dz later tonight!
Ashley
ps Do they sell Foster's in a keg?