dqpacker

Mark Foster

Mark was always so good at videoing the rest of us on fun jumps (where we may have been falling a bit faster than in your pic, Ash ;)), yet I don't have any video/photos of HIM. Sucks.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. It's been an emotional week.

Megan

ps Do they sell Foster's in a keg?

I recall seeing it on the keg list at Mr. Liquor (Exit 4, the Somerset US 12 exit, across the street from the big TA truck stop; right next door to Mr. Convenience).

I believe it is around $120 to $130 for a 16er. They can get damn near anything with enough notice. They are, after all, MR LIQUOR.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Well said Joel.
These last few days have been sad and weird, Mark was a great guy who was nice just for the sake of being nice. He was always positive and funny (even when he was trying to convince my girlfriend now wife to get with some other guy:)
Mark, you're awesome, we'll miss you.

dan

Hi all! Here is an update on arrangements for Mark. His family is flying in to Minneapolis this weekend. We are going to be holding a memorial gathering at the DZ starting at 5:30 pm Monday, July 31st. There will be a memorial jump to follow. Please pass the info on to anyone that might be intereseted in attending. Thanks!

Cheryl

Mark was one of the sweetest guys I knew. He always made time to say hi and ask how I was. He never walked past Dexter without giving him a quick pat on the head. His smiling face will be missed. My condolences to Mark's family and the Skydive Twin Cities family.
I love you all.
"Life is nothing without friendship" -Cicero

Mark was a pretty cool guy......helped me with my sit flying and was always easy to talk too....

He will be missed....

blue skies brother...............

Mike

=============================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Sorry it took me a while to find this thread, unfortunately I made the mistake of entering the incident forum! Mark was a genourous, kind and warm character. When Mark was around, people were never down in the dumps- with his warmth others felt warm. Mark will be sorely missed. I only met him for a short time, but what I do know is that his honesty, laughter and jokes will be missed at Baldwin and my thoughts, love and prayers go out to all that new him, friends, family and fellow jumpers.

Rest in Peace Mark- may you fly free and strong like you deserve.

I will light a candle tonight at the same time that Baldwin holds the memorial jump- I wish I could be there to add my condolences...

RIP XXx

that is very well put, Joel.

someone thankfully sent me this thread as I only got the message via email so far.

my condolences to his family and all his friends.

he will surely be missed

we should do e memorial jump in lake wales this coming winter as well.

blue skies, mark

Here are some pics from last night. Email me if you want higher quality pics. I will also be making a little video of Mark. If you have any video or pics please email me too. Thanks again to everyone who showed up last night, thankyou to everyone who was on the dive, it went perfect. Thankyou to Everyone again.
Peace and Blue Skies
DQ

Monday will be 15 years since my father passed and every year I return to this forum to read about the love people felt for him, it’s healing.  I’m a big believer in epigenetics and part of this study is the belief that the people in our lives affect us at the cellular level: our cells are physically impacted and changed by the connections we form to others.  This gives me so much peace, especially when reading these reflections from his friends, because it means he lives on in all who were able to experience such an extraordinary man…thanks to everyone who ever showed him a kindness and acceptance.  He needed it more than you may have known.