arlo

MEMORIES, FUNNY STORIES, PICS: Mariann Kramer

In reading this thread, a thought struck me. How amazing, wonderful and absolutely perfect that Mariann's world was so large, and so filled with love, that the two things she loved - her horses and her skydiving - can share memories, thoughts, condolences, and love on the same page. How complete that seems to me, how perfect and wonderful.

Thanks, everyone, for showing me who she was. I never met her, but I feel as if I have now.

My heartfelt condolences to all those that lost a mentor, trainer, best friend, and sister...shine on with her memory, glitter for her. And love the way she did - big and hard and 100%.

Rest peacefully, Mariann. You made a difference, and you are missed.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I just got back from the funeral. World-renowned skydivers and her local skydiving family were there; it seemed she touched so many. At her family’s request many wore jumpsuits.

I think every skydiver in the place cried when her father was speaking and said something to the effect of, “And if you are ever having a problem with your parachute in the air and need help and there is suddenly a tug or two on your gear that is Mariann, an angle by your side.” Damn, it still makes me tear up. If anyone can remember the exact quote please feel free to correct me.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

My husband had a business trip in the Dallas area this week, and I visited Skydive Dallas on Friday. I didn't know Mariann, but it was a blessing getting to talk to some who did know her. I heard about the jumpsuits and the glitter, and wished I could have stayed to see the glitter jump.

I know she'll be missed:(
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

... as soon as the priest said "and remember, she will always be with you" a sudden gust of strong wind hit our faces drying the wet eyes. It felt like someone was telling us "hey fools, stop crying and looking at that grave, here I am flying next to you"

and somebody kept shaking that plane today when we were climbing up to make a glitter dive …

I met Mariann when in Dallas on business a few years ago. She got me on the loads, made me feel right at home. What a wonderful person. This is such a huge loss for so many, many people, inside and outside our sport. All my condolences to all of you, especially young Garret.

so yeah, i just thought about some stuff her dad said during the eulogy. there were some things she did pre-texas/pre-skydiving that we may or may not have known about. let's see...

mar is an excellent pianist.

she is a ballerina. :D had i known this, we would've had her wearing a tutu every chance we got. :P and i KNOW she'd have done it, too.:D

she is valedictorian (can't remember which school(s))

she at one time was a NE texas mechanical bull-riding champ. apparently the last guy she beat had told her that he wouldn't be able to face his buds if he had gotten beat by a girl. that guy had no clue who he was dealing with... ;)

there were several other things that frank said, but you get the picture. each of these had a very cool story to go along with it.

okay, that's it for now. i think alot of people found comfort being around friends and sharing stories - at least i know i did. it was incredible meeting people in other aspects of her life and talking to them for hours. because of mar my circle of friends has expanded a little bit more after last week. :)
continue to keep the family and friends in your thoughts. my heart and love go out to her parents (and my biggest ever in the world hugs to the g man...)

Mariann:

I remember how much shit you gave me for not taking it easy at JFTC and doing my other leg in by throwing my crutches down and dancing so hard with you on one leg.

I remember hanging out with you and dancing at Nationals the year before... the four of us giving it all by the pool....

Always dancing, always smiling, never failing, never tiring. Always beautiful.

You truly are an inspiration darling girl, your attitide when things were rough and your amazing smile (especially the towards the end at JFTC when sleep had hardly been the biggest priority) and I know that the love you had for your friends is shining through every cloud that hangs over us now that you arent here to walk, talk and cause trouble among us.

If God is the dj, you must be telling him to kick it up a notch.

with love, laughter and light
Portia

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Spaceland did a jump on Sunday for Mariann: 14-way with lots of glitter on most of the jumpers. The 2 with the brightest jumpsuits released a couple of bags of glitter in the middle of the star; then we all landed by the swoop pond and shared the beverage of our choice.

Pretty nice, and lots of glitter. Thanks to Sherry Dodson and Diane Chamberlain for putting it together.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I remember meeting Mariann at Skydive Dallas about two years ago. She was this amazing, bright person who was always smiling and always, always willing to help when you needed it. My favorite memory of her, which I'm sure many other people will remember, is when we would be on that hot and sometimes long climb to altitude, Mariann would be sitting in the door with her feet dangling outside like she was sitting on the edge of a dock with her feet in the water and her eyes on the sky. She loved the sport, the sport loved her and she will be truly, truly missed. BSBD Mariann.

Laura "Belle"

'Blue Skies'

She had the kindest eyes Ive seen in my life.

She was a genuine competitor in all aspects of her life.
My personal observations of Mariann; once she established a goal, she was focused, dedicated, and relentless. Furthermore, with a kind mannerism and an amicable spirit, she was always eager to share her knowledge and experiences as she progressed towards her personal quest.

Her foremost competitor was the standards she set for herself.

I, as many others, will miss, but never forget you!
Now go teach John and Dad how to swoop. Carter should have them confidently Freeflying by now!!!

My warmest regards to her family, esp. Garrett.

See Picture attached. If i did it correctly.

Stan A. Schrimsher

Well, I had a close relationship with mariann. I met Her or should I say she Met me at Sky Dive Dallas. I just came their to jump just minding my own business but she wanted to know me and I was lucky enought to jump her first hoop dive even thought she had 4,000 and my 65 and this so what do you say

I miss her

sunday will be a year....:(

girlfriend, sister...missing you just as much today as i did the day you left. but you KNOW you're always with us. i wear your hat at every single party that we have....so you know you're being WELL represented. :P

with eternal love...

I cant believe it's been a year. Almost every weekend at the DZ I see something that reminds me of Mariann. This last week I was digging through my closet looking for something and one of Mariann's old freefly jumpsuits was sitting there, unseen for years. Things like that pop out every once in awhile, just to let us know that her spirit is with us.

Fly Free, Free Fly!