arlo

MEMORIES, FUNNY STORIES, PICS: Mariann Kramer

i'm starting this thread so people have the opportunity to tell their personal stories about mariann (funny is GOOD) and how she touched your lives. :) she used to make me laugh so much that i think it fair we continue this.

i just didn't see one anywhere else and i know she had a ton of friends that want to say something. anyone that knew her would know that she would piss on our heads if she thought we were not celebrating her life right now. i personally am having a hard time with that right now, so bring on the funny shit!!

i'll tell mine later. too tired now. but i will post a pic taken a couple years ago during one of her trips to deland. she was the glitter QUEEN.

i love you girl!
a

mariann kramer:

151-way womens world record
300-way go-fast world record
4-way competitor
freeflyer
and her love...swoop competitor
wonderful mother
partner in crime ;)
loyal friend
beautiful person
mad skills dancer

I knew Marianne most from her visits to Perris when I lived in CA. When I moved back to Dallas 2 yrs ago, we were all at this club in Dallas. I had noticed this girl dancing in the fog and disco lights, and this girl was an awesome dancer, way better than everyone else. When we shut the place down, I noticed this amazing dancer in front of me leaving, I tapped her on the shoulder to tell her how good I thought she was (I swear I wasnt hitting on her).

She turned around and I got my first real good look at her....It was Mariann!

What a blast she was.

Mariann and I shared the floor of "A Plane" on many of the attempts for JFTC 2005. I was always amazed by the amount of energy she had and the electricity that kept our spirits high.

In searching for Mariann on the internet, I came across this article written by a Russian writer. She touched lives all around the world. http://www.skydiver.com.ua/publication/index.php?id=1057217625

Fly on, Mariann...

Lori

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I've got a lot of great memories of Mariann from my time at Skydive Dallas. I still remember the time that she managed to get the Caravan up with just her, Rick Duran, myself, and 2 buddies on board.

That was a fun, fast, comfy ride to altitude!B|

I'll definitely miss seeing her smile and watching her amazing canopy piloting...

Fly Free, Mariann.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

About 3 or 4 years ago at Skydive Dallas, I think during a boogie weekend, Mariann was up late organizing a 3 point, 15 or 18 way dirt dive that she wanted to jump the next day. She went around trying to find bodies, and packer Kevin had volunteered me to participate. After a bit of coaxing, I finally traded my beer for a creeper. I don't know how many times she yelled at Chip and I to come back for the formation while we were doing track dives, but I thought it was funny.

Once we had the bodies, and she had pretty much organized, she put me in the base. The guy across from me, and myself were given the responsibility of making sure the other side of the formation was formed and to signify the change of points. Once the work on the creepers was done, we were off to the mock-ups to practice our exit. After a few attempts, and an excellent dirt dive, Mariann excused everyone after telling us that we did exceptionally well. Kevin and I hung around after everyone had dissapated, and I asked her how I did. She told me that I did an awesome job and without missing a beat, Kevin asked her if she would believe that I had never jumped before. The look she gave was definitely a kodak moment...she took a step back and her eyes got as big as baseballs.

Mariann, I'm going to miss you. Leave me an open slot for when I come and join you guys later.

I saw Mariann for the first time this weekend at the competition. After one of her jumps, she was asked what it was like as a female competing against all the men. I was so impressed by the sincerity in her voice when she replied that it was all good; "they're my brothers". I became an instant fan.

Wow, I've just been trying to take this all in this weekend. Mariann was outstanding.

Arlo, you know that Mariann is having a kick as party right now with so many wonderful friends we have lost along the way. I can just see her and Lisa, Barb, Shannon, Taz, Jan, and John arm in arm looking down on us.

I'll always think of Mariann when ever I see glitter.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The first time I met Mariann was on a next to last load of the day at SDD. We (Chappy, RiggerJeff and I) were on the ground getting ready to hop on the plane for some 3-way freefly carnage when she walked up. Id never met her before even though I'd been jumping there for a while. She was wearing some tattered jump suit and asked if she could join us. I asked the usual quesitions... how's your sit? you head down? how many jumps? etc... she never told me how many jumps she had. her answer: "enough for this dive"
We'll I saw her do some shit on her head that was simply amazing. Fluid, smooth, and awe inspiring. I was the only one with a video camera and I'd failed to start recording. We got down had a great laugh, my friends at me cuz I didnt know who she was... and her at me cuz I failed to get it on video. We tried that jump again on sunset, but this time the video camera was on, so it didnt work out too well.

When I got the call Sat night, I was greatly saddend. We used to swap music back and forth when we saw each other. In fact thats what I told my friend that call me as I was trying to compose myself I told her
"Dammit, she still has my CD." :D "I guess thats ok, I still have hers too." [:/]
I really enjoyed our music swap sessions at SDD. I know shes jammin out to some really deep brakes somewhere right now!:)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

you got that right John. She was a bright light around Skydive Dallas. Everyone will miss her.

I don't have any pictures of her, but I do have video of her on a freefly jump that I will upload as soon as I get a chance. She was a very talented skydiver. I am going to miss her.

When we got the call Saturday night, we were all outside hanging around. As soon as we got the news, the most beautiful lightning storm began off in the distance & continued all night. It appeared that she was throwing a big party & wanted us to see it.

I'll miss you Mariann. Thanks for all the jumps & good times.

*Clever, thought provoking saying coming soon.....*

I never met Mariann, but she was a big part of my decision to stay in the sport after becoming a Mother.

I am forever questioning my choice to skydive, my choice to swoop, my choice to instruct. I go through phases. My daughter is my life, and I want what is best for her.

In 2003 I read an article on Mariann in Skydiving Mag. At that point I decided that would continue living my life the only way I know how.

My most heartfelt thoughts are with her son and family. I hope in time you find peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Memory:
6 years ago, I was a pint sized newb at my first boogie in Skydive Dallas. First person I see land, hot swooper! When I asked who it was, I exclaimed "that's a GIRL?!" Marianne was an instant hero to me, someone I wanted to follow along the way.
Always someone I looked up to, an inspiration and example to many. She is missed, and yet another loss thats hard to swallow :(

Fly free friends.

My heart goes out to all the people at SDD and Mariann's family.
I met Mariann the first time i went to skydive dallas. I was a day early for our TSL meet and my whole team hadn't shown up yet. Mariann volunteered to fill in a slot for us and we got to practice. She was very patient with me and helped me out a ton with my exit position (IC) Then i remember watching her land later that day!:o That was the first time i ever saw a chick swoop, and damn she was good at it. BSBD

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Let me preface by telling everyone here I am not a skydiver, have never jumped my entire life.

I joined the group today to learn more about what happened to Mariann and to share with you in a forum another side to her that many of ya'll might not know about.

Mariann was a professional horse trainer and rider. She was respected by everyone in the industry and had a gift with horses that I have yet to see in any other professional trainer that I have met to date.

She touched so many of us riders/horse owners with her gift and her passion for horses.

Mariann found my first horse for me when I was 39 years old. Previously I had trained with her riding a leased horse for over 2 years. I have known Mariann since 1997. I moved to Utah in March of 2000 yet every year when I go back to visit friends and family one of the first people I would call would be Mariann so that we could find a time to visit.

My last visit with Mariann was December of last year when I went to Dalls for 3 weeks.

If you are able to attend her memorial service, know that there will be a lot of women that shared the other side of Marianne, her gift with horses.

My condolences to her family, to her son that lost his mother and to everyone else that knew and loved Mariann.

One night I will never forget with Mariann was the TSL finials last year.

In spirit of the team "Anal Jihad"..everyone was running around from the movie Team America...waiving their hands over the heads "blalalalalalalalalala". Much to the shigrin of those arond M and me...we found it funny to imitate well through the night and into the next day...

Mariann was a caring, empathetic, vibrant and insightful friend. Thankyou for all the fun times and meaningful talks....

Love, Kelley
It is mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack, not rationality.
-Black Mamba

i was lucky enough to be in the same group as Mariann this past weekend during the PST competition. And even though i only new her this year it was very apparient that she embodied the true spirit of what skydiving is about: freedom, family, and friends.

We did 3 competition loads before this one and this was the last one of the day. On every load Mariann was a blast to be around; joking, talking trash :D, watching the other exhibition and compeition jumps going on. she was just great to be around and i feel honored to spend the small amount of time i was able to with her. thanks for the memories.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down