scaryshari

Re: [scaryshari] JumperConway...RIP :(

CONWAY PATRICK HALL, born on Dec. 30th 1958, left this world to be with his family in Heaven on July 5th 2006, after a very brief illness. Conway was a lifelong resident of Houston. He graduated from Sharpstown Sr. High in 1976. Conway was an avid skydiver. His passion was to soar in flight like an eagle. He was an active member of several record setting "Big Way" groups and has received recognition and awards for his jumping abilities and endeavors. Conway's business life consisted of participation in a family business serving as Vice President and General Manager of Hall Equipment and Supply Company. He will be missed by all who had dealings with him. Conway was preceded in death by his mother Patricia Ann Hall. He leaves behind a host of family and friends including father, Conway G. Hall, and wife Ann, brother Craig and wife Peggy, sisters Dinah and Tracy and husband Dave. Also left behind are nieces Brandi Zamora, Amber Hall, Patricia Desch and nephews Jacob Hilton, Craig and Shane Hall and Wesley Desch. A memorial Service will be conducted at 1:00 p.m. Friday July 7, 2006 at St. Paul Presbyterian Church, 7200 Bellaire Blvd. in Houston, with Rev. Dr. Kevin Boyd officiating. In lieu of flowers, those memorials in Conway's name may be directed to the church.

I don't know if i should post this in a separate thread.

Conway's memorial is pending. However, his brother is requesting a good photo of him in his jumpsuit.

If you have something that would be fitting..please do what you can to help. I think you can PM the pic or just post it here.

I'm still looking, but . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Conway was a good guy, a good skydiver and a good friend.

After we spread his mother’s ashes I included the footage of the dive in a larger edit for Conway and his friend Rico (who was injured in a landing accident). I took the excerpt of his mothers memorial dive and posted it where others can download it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Go to:
www.mykelpoole.com

The ash spreading skydive for Conway’s mother is in the lower right hand corner, right click the image and save the file to your hard drive as it will only be there for a limited amount of time.

Miss you Conman, thank you for being a really good friend and all that you did to help me when I was going through my surgery.

Your friend always,
Mykel

Blue skies Conway, with sympathies to his friends and family.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Dear God, not again!:(

Conway and I got pretty close back when his mom was so ill. His mom's death was extremely hard on him. I tried to give him hope to help get him through it.

I really believed he was going to lick this bastard of a disease. This is such a shock.

Rest in Peace my friend.

To his family and friends, I offer my sincerest condolences. He was truly a very special person that I was privileged to get to know.

Chris

So sorry to hear this Jim, send my big hugs to all the friends down at Spacey.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

As we mourn the loss of yet another beloved sky diver, let us not lose sight of the fact that they are flying higher than we ever will until we break on through to the other side ourselves. I'll miss Conway, but he's with his beloved mother now, i bet they're laughing and having a great time right now, while we choose to grieve. I will remember him for how he lived, not how he passed.

Heartfelt condolences to all of his family. Take Care & God Bless.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

his memorial.

It will be held on Friday, the 7th of July, (1:00PM) @ St. Paul Presbyterian Church which is located at Bellaire and 59.

Jeez... I live like a mile from there. I wish I had gotten a chance to meet him IRL. He seemed cool and will be missed. Sorry to all those who knew him well. [:/]

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

As we mourn the loss of yet another beloved sky diver, let us not lose sight of the fact that they are flying higher than we ever will until we break on through to the other side ourselves. I'll miss Conway, but he's with his beloved mother now, i bet they're laughing and having a great time right now, while we choose to grieve. I will remember him for how he lived, not how he passed.

Heartfelt condolences to all of his family. Take Care & God Bless.

This was the message at the service, which was lovely, emotional, and standing room only.

You did it Conway. You found your passion and you shared it with as many people as you could. There is nothing to regret.

We'll all see you soon enough. Oh, and you're organizing when we get there.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm sorry I was away the last weekend he was out at the DZ. I'm sorry we were training so much that we couldn't get on his jumps when he asked (sometimes). I'm sorry I couldn't be at the service. As much of a character as Conway was... he was almost always the first to say "hello" and shake your hand when you came to the DZ on a weekend. It will just not be the same. Blues skies, Conway.
Oh, hello again!

I've been out of town for 8 days for a family vacation, and was shocked to return and hear this sad news. Damn! He was too young for this. And I'm sorry that I missed the services.

I would sometimes get Conway Hall's name mixed up with another Houston jumper named Rich Conway. So, before I got to know him well, I would sometimes blunder and greet him with; "Hi Rich!" He would just grin and correct me; "That's the other Conway." I eventually remembered and got it right. Thanks for being a good sport about that, Conway.

We'll miss him.