scaryshari

Re: [scaryshari] JumperConway...RIP :(

Conway:

We had our disagreements over the years, but usually over inconsequential stuff. Pushing me into my slot during dirt dives, putting me on loads without telling me, disappearing before commerical flights, saying the "bomb" word at the Tampa airport, trying to open hotel windows, and keeping me at Z-Hills after the last jump of the day!

But we had a lot more fun at Spaceland, Dallas, Perris, Dublin & Z-Hills; and when I was a new jumper and you would let me jump with your group.

Not long ago you asked me to rate you as an organizer. Although we didn't follow the competition dives exactly we always had fun, had a few laughs, and you were always there ready for another jump.

You will be missed whenever I am at front float and realize you're not giving the count.

Soar high forever & blues,

Jimbo

Wow, I just got your e-mail. I've been out of town and this is very sad news.

Conway was on the Cancer Survior jumps along with Barb Duke. That's two of them that are gone:(

Conway, you fought a good fight, which I would expect nothing less from you. Rest now, and find comfort in your mother's arms.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I don't know if i should post this in a separate thread.

Conway's memorial is pending. However, his brother is requesting a good photo of him in his jumpsuit.

If you have something that would be fitting..please do what you can to help. I think you can PM the pic or just post it here.

is

I met Conway at Dublin last year. I offered him a Corona and put the lime in for him... ;)

He said something along the lines of "I don't want any fruit in my beer" and managed to get the lime back out of the bottle. I was impressed.

Ya'll should drink at least one Corona without lime at Skyfest.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Damn Tami, your making me cry again.

Posted to the wrong thread, here it is again...

Didn't matter to him if you were a freeflyer, bellyflyer or anything else. He was always nice to me.

You will be dearly missed.

Love and blue skies to one of my best friends.
[:/]

Our loss is Heaven's gain. But man, it's just not fair. I owed him one of my hugs - he made me see bright when it was dark, and when he was standing by his mother's side, guiding her through to Heaven, I was able to (virtually) return the favor. His faith stood him well, and he always knew he'd see her again. Just maybe not so soon.

Conway: your love was big-big. Your smile bigger. Your laugh was the most contagious, even through PMs. Your life was well and truly lived, and your death - far too early, too quick and shocking. I miss you. And I know that you miss us. But now, you're playing in the heart of God, and you're dancing a jig with the angels. Your arms are wrapped around your Mom, and your love smiles on each one of us...

For those who knew him well, my prayers are with you now. And to his father - rest easy, knowing your son reached thousands of people, touched their lives with his life. Rest easy, knowing he and his Mom will wait for you, and greet you when you cross the barrier. Know that there are few things outside the boundary of time; love, the love of a son for his father, and a father for his son, is outside those boundaries. His laugh can be heard - close your eyes and listen to the wind. His love can be felt - reach up towards the warming sun, and know it's him again. His joy can be felt again; touch your heart to his. ANd know, know for sure and certain, that Conway was dearly loved, admired, respected, and thoroughly enjoyed.

My prayers to all affected, and all who will face challenging lonliness in the coming days. Remember you're not alone...he lives in your heart.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Conway Hall was a helluva human being and I'll miss him. Funny guy - wicked sense of humor - a bunch of us nicked-named him, "Crime-Wave" and he liked it, it fit - he wasn't a criminal but it just seemed to fit - he had a way about him - he coulda been cast in a Sinatra Rat-Pack film - he had that going on. Very smart, damn good skydiver, knew how to fly his canopy - I'd follow his setup cause he'd likely set a good pattern for the turn. Me and Crimewave used to play a little game which went along the lines of him walking up to me, usually when he first spotted me at the dz or I spotted him and he'd introduce himself, "Hi, I'm Conway Hall!" We'd always shake hands. Sometimes I'd be introducing myself. For some wacky reason this made us both laugh and we'd introduce ourselves in the aircraft, at bars, in the landing area, and once even on a skydive. The dive had gone to crud so I flew up, mouthed at him who I was while sticking out my hand - he immediately took it, pumped it a couple times, and through his full-face I could see him introducing himself. It was just so silly and meaningful and !@#%$@#(&@*(& I'm gonna miss him!!! I always admired his tendency to blow off creeping, blow off exits in the mock-up. Some people would wonder - wasn't he ~serious~ ? That's the thing - he was but he took it all, life in general, with a pound of salt. He once told me about coming real close to quitting skydiving. The reasons are beside the point and he got past what was bugging him, saw the bigger picture, continued on, and in doing so I think he touched a lot of people - myself definitely. I wish I had made more jumps with the guy than I did - I'd have like to been on one of his teams - I got to shoot one or two of the teams he was on, a few different weekends filling in, over the past few years and those were always good days. I wish I had a few more opportunities to get liquored up with him (and there were some good drunks pulled). I'll miss our talks about what was going on with our landings - the long swoops, getting too close to the corner, throwing theory and philosophy at each other, what was working for us, and who to look out for or keep an eye on in the pattern. Sometimes he'd teach me stuff and sometimes I'd teach him a little. I feel very sad. Sucks for his family, sucks for us - the skydivers that knew him and it sucks for the skydivers who'll never get that chance. The truth is, he was just another skydiver, just like us, but there will be no replacing him.

Good luck, Bro and Blue Skies - I won't forget you.

...bsrp

Jerry K.

Eternal blue skies and warm breezes to you Conway...
My sincerest condolences and heartfelt sadness to his family and friends.

Conway, while you may not have been exactly :) all the time, neither were you totally >:(...;) Rest well in a happy place and we'll all be seeing you in the future.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

FYI about services:

To all the skydivers out there who knew our friend, Conway Hall, the family has made arrangements for his memorial.

It will be held on Friday, the 7th of July, (1:00PM) @ St. Paul Presbyterian Church which is located at Bellaire and 59. This is the only service that will be held for Conway, except for his ash dive which will be held at a later date. The family is sure this is the way he would have wanted things.

I know Conway has many friends out there who I do not know how to reach. Please pass this information on.

Good Bye Conway.......We Love You,

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)