waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

I knew Shannon years ago. I cannot recall when the last time was that we spoke. I remember hanging out with her and Tracy between 1985 - 1989 in Costa Mesa, Ca. She was a good girl and a very nice person. My condolences to all of her friends and family and especially her fiance'.

DBJr.

I didn't know Shannon, except from her posts here, which usually made me lough out loud @ my desk and people wondered what I was laughing about.

I will miss that every day! :(

Few people get to leave this earth doing what they loved most in life. What a blessing...says a lot about what kind of person God thinks Shannon is.
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

I was just looking at my old PMs.

My first PM was a Byron Boogie question and she signed her reponses "xo Shannon". That was sweet of her.

One of the most recent (in January), I thought she said she was pregnant (or heavily implied it) from one of her posts. In her response she said it made her laugh and her pregnancy implication was to something about watching Adult Swim and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (I'll remain blissfully ignorant on this).:|

BSBD means Blue Skies, Black Death? If so, me too.

May her soul dwell with the Blessed.

I never met her either but when I read the news this morning I teared up thinking about all her posts I had enjoyed reading and how her friends and family will miss her so much.

The pictures everyone is posting here made me smile as I realized she was loved so much and she was enjoying her life completely with friends who cared! She must have known she was loved in life and that is priceless.

I broke down when I received the phone call about this. Shannon was a true friend, and she will be terribly missed. This never should have happened. Especially not to someone like her.

BSBD Shannon.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I hope it's not offensive to post this snippet from an IM chat i had with shannon about my sister's death a few months ago. I felt the need to share it though, and i bolded a few things:

girlfalldown: Hey sweetie, I just read about your sister. I'm so sorry it's aweful.
girlfalldown: are you doing ok?
cheecheepie: i have good days and bad days
girlfalldown: well I just wanted to say I'm so sorry and I wish I could give youa big hug right now.
cheecheepie: hardly anyone even noticed i hadn't been on dzcom for a few weeks. But i was busy dealing with my sister's death and stuff
cheecheepie: it's weird to be in someone's house and go through their stuff
girlfalldown: I always notice you're gone.
girlfalldown: no one plays with me like you used to. lol
cheecheepie: i'm slowly coming back
girlfalldown: I bet. I'm always afraid of who goes through my stuff when I go. I need to throw out some...uh...things
cheecheepie: with robin's stuff it's sooo weird. I mean, whatever me and Suzie don't take, we're donating to goodwill.
cheecheepie: but somteims i feel wrong for wearing Robin's clothes or shoes, and i have her hair dryer...just stuff like that.
cheecheepie: it's just something you can't ever comprehend unless it happens. It always happens to "someone else"
girlfalldown: look at it this way, if you were gone would you rather have your loved ones use your things or complete strangers?
girlfalldown: I bet she'd prefer for you to have her stuff and to put it to use. Keep her memory alive in a way.

cheecheepie: i know, but it still seems odd
girlfalldown: yeah I do understand.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I never got to meet Shannon in person and she sent me one PM when I posted about some trouble I was having.

I will say that I always would read what she had to say and it would usually make me smile, laugh and some times say "what?"... but she always seemed so vibrant, so radiant... and even though I never met her.. I had just the slightest crush on her... one of those special souls.

Blues GFD.

Tom

I was first introduced to Shannon at Dublin 05. Sunshine had called me and said "You absolutely HAVE to meet my friend Shannon (GFD), she ROCKS"... She did have a way of making any one and everyone laugh!

I have great taste in friends...what can i say?! :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

. . . and the penguins . . .

I can't believe this...I remember meeting her at the WFFC '04 and giving her the penguin noodle...

~R+R:(...She is my first loss...I owe beer...

I remember that, she walked into the tent and we attacked her with penguins.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I kept hoping everyone who called me was wrong but now that I'm home and reading all of this I guess there is no mistake.

I'll miss you Shannon. I have one bottle of wine left from Dublin so I guess it is now time to open it and think about all the laughs. What a wonderful woman you were. I admired you greatly and will miss you smile.

Fly free....enjoy your wings.

Lovin' ya,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

That brings chills.. my daughter Shannon's birthday is the 6th....

"They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the evening
we will remember them."
-- From the Anzac Day Service

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good game, Shannon......you played it well.

Bob, my best to you and her family. I can't even imagine the sorrow you must be feeling right now.

Thank you all for the great pics. Truly a heartfelt tribute to a well-loved soul.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I've been going through my pms with Shannon and this one made me tear up again:

You know, for someone that's gone through all of the pain and hardship you've gone through the last...well I don't know, couple of years I guess, you are such a positive person online that it makes me want to be more positive. Thank you for that.

I hope everything turns out fine with your mom.

I wish I could give you a big hug! (Don't tell anyone though, they'll claim I'm sappy and it'll ruin my cover)

Can anyone imagine her trying to be more positive? How do you improve on perfection? Her sentence in parenthesis made me laugh once again.

I really miss you Shannon.:(

Chris

girlfalldown: I bet. I'm always afraid of who goes through my stuff when I go. I need to throw out some...uh...things

:D:D:D

Vintage Shannon... Hell, I've got a few things I need to throw out too before my time is up... :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban