waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

This is totaly fucked up!!!! For what brief time I knew Shannon I could tell she is one of the good ones. I can't believe this is happening.

I keep thinking about that giant bruise she had on her leg at the Byron boogie and how pissed she got at me for poking it. I am going to miss her soo much..>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Shannon, to have talked to you for so long online and finally meet you, then to have you taken.... I am at a loss....

Always missed, never forgotten. May the eternal skies you fly in be the most vividly blue skies ever. Fly free

Your brother in BASE
Le Roy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Bob, so sorry for your loss and the loss of Shannon in the Community. She will be missed. I met her in Rantoul 2004 and she had such a PRESENCE...and she was just NICE.

She brought smiles to us all, I'd like to believe she lived life to its fullest and enjoyed every second of it. Fly free, Shannon....April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Numb..

Only knew Shannon online, but she had a great sense of humour, and will be greatly missed.

I second that. What a free spirit she was, and still is... I could always count on her to respond to some of the sickest pictures I posted on here. :o

See you on the other side Shannon...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Been listening to this song. think it might be appropriate,

"It's My Life"

This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud

[Chorus:]
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life

This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky
Got to make your own breaks

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
'Cause it's my life

Better stand tall when they're calling you out
Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down

It's my life
And it's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way

It's my life
And it's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
'Cause it's my life!

Might be corny but i like it.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

never met you personally Shannon but you made me look forward to reading the Bonfire every day. you are the first death in this sport that has affected me personally and i didnt even know you. i guess that says something about the kind of person you were.
BSBD :(

I totally second that ... this is so so sad [:/]

Love to everyone

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

. . . and the penguins . . .

I can't believe this...I remember meeting her at the WFFC '04 and giving her the penguin noodle...

~R+R:(...She is my first loss...I owe beer...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

My biggest regret is that i've never had the opportunity to meet her in real life.. Bonfire would never be the same again.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I always enjoyed Shannon's wit in the Pub, posts and PMs. She was one of a kind.

Fly free.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

As many others, I truly can't find the words...

I was first introduced to Shannon at Dublin 05. Sunshine had called me and said "You absolutely HAVE to meet my friend Shannon (GFD), she ROCKS"... She did have a way of making any one and everyone laugh!

I will always have one final memory of her. A couple of weeks ago in the Thursday night poker tourney, I took out Bob with pocket kings against his pocket queens. Immediately after the hand finished, Shannon pops in the comment box with "Goofy, You BASTARD!" Of course, I instantly laughed out loud...

Fly free Shannon, we shall all meet again at the DZ on the other side

FUCK! I cant believe its her. It always hurts when you loose someone from this unique family, but it hurts even more when its someone who has brought so much to everyone to include those she's never met. Blue skies Shannon, We will honor your memory here in Iraq. Can someone email an address to send a memorial gift to.
zulu

When I heard monday about the Fatallity I had a terrible feeling I would know who it was when I got back from the DZ and got on here. Never in a million years did I think it would be Shannon. I only met Shannon once at the Holiday Boogie but I still have the mental imagie of her in my memory. No words I have will do Justice to what she meant to those who only knew her from dz.com and I would never even try to say I understand what those who knew her are going through. I do know she touch many lives so I will share the words of someone that I never knew while she was alive but her words have changed my life.
This is life lesson is the one I thought of first when I read Shannon Left us:(
Life Lesson Number 5
TOUCH AS MANY LIVES AS YOU CAN
Every time you meet someone new, you leave a little bit of yourself with them. They are affected by you. The more people you meet, the more complete both their and your lives are because of how you have been affected by each other. Think of the possibilities.

Shannon you touched my life.BSBD

Here is the complete list.
TEN LIFE LESSONS

Life Lesson Number 10
DEAL WITH LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME
Sometimes when life gets crazy we feel like we'll never sort everything out. But if we just deal with everything one day and instance at a time, life just has a way or working through things. It also makes life's circumstances a little less overwhelming.

Life Lesson Number 9
TURN EVERY LIFE EXPERIENCE INTO A LEARNING EXPERIENCE
The best way I have found to cope with hard times more easily is to become knowledgeable about what is going on and try to find a meaning to everything that happens. Trust me, there is always one there.

Life Lesson Number 8
ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE POSITIVE
No matter how bad life can get, there is always a positive to be found. If you focus on the positive aspects of life, the hard times are easier to get through. The power of positive thinking is amazing and it works.

Life Lesson Number 7
TRY TO DO AT LEAST ONE NEW THING EVERY DAY
Much too often, people get into a routine of doing the same thing every day and their lives get boring. The new thing doesn't have to be big. It can be something really small like taking a different route to work or trying a new kind of food. Make a wish list for yourself of new stuff you want to try. Some things can be small and others, big. Plan on completing one of those things each day and by the end of every day your life will be that much more full.

Life Lesson Number 6
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
No matter what happens in your life if you are true to yourself and confident about who you are, you can overcome anything. Always stick to who you are and don't worry if people are going to accept you or not. If you are confident with yourself, it will show and the people who really matter will accept you for who you are, not for who you are not.

Life Lesson Number 5
TOUCH AS MANY LIVES AS YOU CAN
Every time you meet someone new, you leave a little bit of yourself with them. They are affected by you. The more people you meet, the more complete both their and your lives are because of how you have been affected by each other. Think of the possibilities.

Life Lesson Number 4
ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS
Although the big accomplishments in life are important, sometimes it's the little things in life that are more enjoyable. The conversations with you best friend in the middle of the night, or a quiet moment somewhere peaceful where you were just able to think, can add up to be much more important and memorable than any big thing.

Life Lesson Number 3
DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF
Many times in life, people begin getting concerned with petty things. What people forget is that in the long run, it doesn't matter what "he said" or what "she did." It's not worth your time to get worked up about anything small or petty.

Life Lesson Number 2
HOLD ON TO YOUR FRIENDS
No matter what happens in your life, good or bad, your friends will be there for you. Whether it is a pat on the back or a shoulder to cry on that you need, your friends are there for you always.

Life Lesson Number 1
MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose. We should never throw any opportunities away.

These life lessons were written by Kimberly Joy Costa, a 19-year old who passed away on July 24,2000 after her battle with leukemia. These words were presented to TEAM in TRAINING participants at the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 6, 2002

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Can someone email an address to send a memorial gift to.

In the other sticky thread, we have been collecting donations for a Memorial Page in Parachutist. We have met our goal, so now any extra money received is going to Shannon's favorite charity, an animal rescue organization. I'm sure she would love for you to donate in her honor. You can do a paypal donation or you can send a check to dz.commer, Paige, who is helping us out by collecting the donations. Her address is:

Paige Rudolph
5023 Westwinds Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

How amazingly unfortunate! The community has lost yet another of "the best ones." By best, I mean having such a positive influence on those around them. Shannon was a hard-core member of this community and many, many of us knew her personally. I can't think of a single instance where anyone had ever posted anything negative about Shannon. I only ever met her three times at boogies (WFFC and Dublin), but I thought she was a very cool girl. Wow.

My sincerest condolences to Bob, her true NorCal skydiving family, and everyone else close to Shannon.

BSBD!

Chuck

damn,.... for some reason i drunk dialed her on friday or saturday night and said hello... first time i ever did that.... wierd, that it was the last time i'll ever get to talk to her.. she had just left utah and was headed up to the bridge.. she sounded so pumped to be going up to the bridge..... i always enjoyed hanging out with shannon, she will be missed.....

Zulu,

like you said: This is a unique community. I and surely many other DZ.commers from our side of the pond feel deeply touched and shocked. It really is heart breaking and hurts, even I never met her. I'm so sorry for the ones who are left behind. May Jesus give them strengths.

Her funny sig line will be unforgettable.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Never in a million years did I think it would be Shannon

Why not? She was BASE jumping. It can happen to anyone of us and those of us who also BASE are only adding to our odds of it happening to us one day. The disturbing thing is that she went in flat and stable. It's not like she was pulling some high risk acrobatics off of a sketchy object. She will be missed though as she was one of the biggest (funniest) post whores we've ever had here.

BSBD ... [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Never had the pleasure of meeting shannon....

But have read and laughed alot from reading her posts....

Blue Skies Shannon

==================================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

. . . and the penguins . . .

I can't believe this...I remember meeting her at the WFFC '04 and giving her the penguin noodle...

~R+R:(...She is my first loss...I owe beer...

funny thing last night. a group of us went out to trivia, (Hottie, Lauralicious, Chaos Kitty, Iwan, NWflyer, Thantos340,micduran, Kelel01, Adam, and one more and her name as escaped me...)
and cuz the group was so large we decided to have two teams (working together of course) and had to come up with a second name. Our normal name is The Horny Gorillas.

We decided it had to be something in memory of... we settled in on "the Scary Penguins" :D.
We kicked ass the first round and didnt fare so well the second.

One of the questions during the second was name these people with the name 'Dean' in them. Before the clues were given I though Shannon! [:/]

Well by the end they tallied the score and we made 3rd place (pays $10) and somehow magically had 4 points more than we should have.... just enough to place 3rd!
maybe Shannon nudged the scorekeepers pencil just a bit to get us some $$. Cuz you know it would be funny to her to know that she could have given us the win but only gave us third! :S:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I am sad to say that i recieved a phone call monday night informing me of this, Shannon was a real dear friend of mine and i am truely saddened to hear of this. My heart cries fro her, she was a free spirit and i was blessed to call myself her friend. I always looked forward to seeing her smiling face at all the boogies i attended. I will truely miss her...

BSBD shannon :(:(:(:(
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas