waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

I'm listening to some dance/trance that she and I danced to at Dublin '05. Shannon seemed like such a smartass and funny from what I could tell from her dz.com personality, however meeting her in person and getting to know her, she was such a caring, down to earth person with so much good stuff ahead of her. I miss her already and am still having a hard time believing this has really happened.

'Til we meet again, Shannon. Save a spot for me on your freefly team.
Blue skies..............
Prayers of Comfort for Bob...

Never met her but chatted with her on here a few times. She seemd a fabolous person and as this thread has shown, was very popular and cared about by a lot of people.

May i offer my deepest condolences to her family, many friends and her S.O.

:(

i dont know shannon, never met her, but i always enjoyed reading her posts, i was kinda shoked when i saw the title of this thread, i dont know what to say, but i just had to give my condolences,
shannon, i'm certain that u were an inspiration to many, you definately were to me, may you fly in heaven forever :(
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Shannon spun in my life in a variety of ways - the first being at Byron and flying in the blue skies. Then spending time with the wine in the wonderful flat of SF with Toe-up and Kirsten. Lots of wine :P and lots of great times.
And then life spun her to the playa, and we felt the energy of Black Rock together. Hand in hand, arms around one another, smiles unending.
Bob and Shannon came to celebrate my marriage last fall, made the journey from SF to Tahoe.
I found myself thinking of her as I drove back from Yosemite this weekend. Thought I needed to call her; it'd been too long since we connected. Now I know why she was so strong in my thoughts and heart.
We're all blessed to have known her in whatever worlds we did.
Love you dearly, mi sweet flying sista Shannon. You'll always be with us, and I'll spin with you again, in the heart of Black Rock, and with the ancestors you will rise.

Hugs and love to all,
Bonnie-B

Me too, I don't think I ever met Shannon, but I always enjoyed her posts and especially her naughtier threads. Just wish I'd met her. It's so important to be with the people we love and to let them know we love them - as often as we can. Because none of us ever knows.

And I will never take anything she said too seriously.

Laugh in the sunshine, sing,
Cry in the dark,
Fly through the night

Sleep in the stars,
Don't you cry,
Dry your eyes on the wind.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

For GFD:

Remember those who fall before you
And those to yet fall past
Let them be a reminder too true
That this life happens fast

Watch over us from blue skies
And guard us from black death
Watch o'er us with angel's eyes
And let your soul find rest.

That's beautiful. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I want do-overs on this one, dammit!

I second that one. The man up stairs I think has a really sick sense of humor sometimes.

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors,
but I think God's got a sick sense of humor.
And when I die I expect to find him laughing." -DM

--probably due to Shanon being up there already.

Shannon had balls. She gave me my first kiss pass, even though I had some knarly braces at the time. I remember how we both volunteered to take a cute AFF student to the hospital after he dislocated a shoulder and how we looked at each other and went "Ooohh" when they cut his shirt off. I think I still have video of that :)

Byron is not the same without her. I'm going to miss her so much and its hard to see the light in this. But the comment about the Pearly Gates and her wondering about what delay she could get..... couldn't be more accurate. Keep the beers cold and save a slot for me Shannon!! Lots of love girl.

Aaron

I only knew Shannon from DZ.com but, every once in awhile, she'd respond to something I had posted and it made me laugh. She even started a thread about my use of commas! That, really got to me. That, was really neat and made me feel good and it made me feel accepted. Just a silly little thing like that and she probably had no idea how much it meant to me. What a sweet person she was.

Chuck

Here's an excerpt from a PM she sent me:

Luckily humor has gotten me through life.:)

I found that really flattering--especially coming from her.

Walt

Hey everyone, I'm not in the sport, but I am good friend of brits17. I know what it's like to lose friends and I wanted to extend my sincere condolensces to everyone on the forum she had an impact on as well as her family.

There will never be an understanding with a loss in the sport no matter the risks we take. This was a punch in the fuckin nuts. BSBD....

:|

you're right... but wouldn't GFD say that we're supposed to be there for each other to console each other's nuts? I'm there for your nuts man.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I only knew Shannon from DZ.com but, every once in awhile, she'd respond to something I had posted and it made me laugh. She even started a thread about my use of commas! That, really got to me. That, was really neat and made me feel good and it made me feel accepted. Just a silly little thing like that and she probably had no idea how much it meant to me. What a sweet person she was.

Chuck

Here's an excerpt from a PM she sent me:

Luckily humor has gotten me through life.:)

I found that really flattering--especially coming from her.

Walt

It was little things like that, that brightened people's lives. Even folks she never met in person. The things she said, brought smiles to people and made them feel good and made them laugh. Her sharp, bright wit and humor just made my day, when I read her posts. I don't believe, I'll ever forget her.
She was 'special'.

Chuck

blue skies shannon! thursdays won't be the same w/o you, it was fun drinking with you all those winter games. i'm glad we got one game in together at dublin. best of vibes go out to all her family and friends. this is rough news...she was taken away way to soon. :(

I didn't know her personally but was made to laugh many times by her naughtiness on-line. It's taken me three sessions to read this thread because everyone's sentiments bring me to tears. I'm very sorry for this terrible loss.

never met you personally Shannon but you made me look forward to reading the Bonfire every day. you are the first death in this sport that has affected me personally and i didnt even know you. i guess that says something about the kind of person you were.
BSBD :(

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...