waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

4 years on. I still miss you.

A light went out that day. The bits of it that we all carry with us are but a pale reminder of how bright that light was.

I will always miss you, Shannon.

That was a week from hell....
Remster

That was a week from hell....

Yeah it was. I usually dont cry to much when there is a fatality, but that weekend was full of tears. I wasnt even at a DZ that weekend. Just sat at Jeans with her and Lesley trying to figure out why so many in such a short period of time. :(
Dom

I was up at the Bridge this past weekend and walked out from the bottom by myself several times. I thought about Shannon quite a bit. I picked up a flower and walked to the rivers edge for a few quiet moments to shed a tear and a smile.

Just after midnight, the beginning of this memorial day, I made a night jump from the bridge with some new friends. She'd have loved it.

Life continues, memories continue. I lucked out and saw her before she died. It was only a ride to drop her back to her hotel but it was indeed a funny ride and little did I know, it was about to become much needed closure.

GFD ... you're always remembered.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

>I've never met you, but by these posts and your patches
>and stickers on skydivers and the aircraft, you must have
>been one fantastic person.

It's has taken a lot of time to read all the responses to this tragic bit of news... You put it best, for me... Yeah, I never met you Shannon. But, I felt so sad, when I saw the 'GirlFallDown' heading. It was a feeling not so unlike when the blue light comes on in the rear view mirror... Then, there is nothing you can do... Grrrrrrrrrrrr>:(

Time to go jump.....

Tom "Capt36" Hayes

Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

I was up at the Bridge this past weekend and walked out from the bottom by myself several times. I thought about Shannon quite a bit. I picked up a flower and walked to the rivers edge for a few quiet moments to shed a tear and a smile.

Just after midnight, the beginning of this memorial day, I made a night jump from the bridge with some new friends. She'd have loved it.

Life continues, memories continue. I lucked out and saw her before she died. It was only a ride to drop her back to her hotel but it was indeed a funny ride and little did I know, it was about to become much needed closure.

GFD ... you're always remembered.

>>Nice one Tim. I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything about it. I feel you said it all

This past weekend, a wedding. 4 years ago, a funeral (although I still like to remember it as a celebration of life).

Shannon, I still play your song and you are always in my heart.

The Bay Area crew - ya'll are awesome. Shannon was such an intricate part of my lasting friendships with many of you. I'm so grateful in so many ways.

-Brittany

I was lucky enough to get to see her in Dublin the month before. Didnt spend much time with her, but at least I got to say goodbye and give her a hug one last time.

That was me, although got good time with her. I was transitioning from "Boogie Party Girl" to "Boogie Skydiver" and so vowed to be in bed early. However when she arrived I left the tent and hung out with her. I remember , even before she passed away how awesome it was. Hanging around the bonfire while she told me and Wildcard her fantasical tails. When it was time for pictures she literally jumped on me and although I looked like shit its the last picture Id ever take with her.

She was the first one lost in this sport for me, and all that follow her from the group I once considered my core friends and people to talk and vent with, they all reminded me of her. Each one I cry for, shannon gets the first tear.

Shed be so proud of many of us though, to see the changes in our life, where we are heading. She loved her friends so much and anyone who was lucky to be her friend will forever carry out the love she freely gave. Shannons gift is one that I will never forget.

Im no longer a skydiver, Im no longer a post whore on here, and many probably do not even know me or remember me. However I will always be a dz.commer because when I think of her I come here to laugh at our exchanges in the forums and I smile.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

and many probably do not even know me or remember me. However I will always be a dz.commer because when I think of her I come here to laugh at our exchanges in the forums and I smile.

I remember you :)
Also still remember Shannon. She was one of my funniest drunk-dials :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hi Shannon -
I just started my AFF when you left us. I remember all the response here very well: I was making guacamole yesterday and suddenly you came to mind - I saved the seed and thought I'd plant it for you!

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

I remember when I was just a newb on here and we would have these mini-PMs threads almost nightly before bed about wine and life. She treated me like I had been on here for years. She was what few people manage to be, a classy rebel.

Oh, and she would always end our talks with something funny, like, "Ok, off to stir up up trouble in Speaker's Corner before bed!" You could feel her smile and zest for life.

There are some people you just don't forget.
"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/02/bob_ashe_fiance_of_a_bay_area.php

This interview with Shannon's fiance Bob was in this week's edition of SF Weekly, from an interview they conducted with Bob several months ago.

Bob had commented on FB that he had a couple of issues with the article. I asked if I could share those comments here (because I think it helps set some context on the article). This was his response to me: "Thanks for checking with me on this. The only issue I had with the article was the comment that Shannon came from an abusive family. I would not have said that and I am friends with a lot of her family. In the writers defense, I could see how she might assume that from some of the stories we talked about. Anyway, feel free to share it."

Enjoy. It brought back some nice memories of our friend. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks for sharing Krisanne.

Thanks Bob, for being such a beautiful soul, and sharing your precious moments!

I keep Shannon's memorial on my fridge, not a day goes by that I don't pass it and blow her a sweet kiss. Pink in the sky = "Shannons playing."

B|

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

That was the writers words, not Bobs, he is the first to point out that yes she may have had abuse in her life but she wasnt a victim. I miss her, miss them all, but she was that first skydiving death for me and besides LeRoy some of the hardest emotions Ive ever tried to comprehend
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this