waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

I made a toast?! AND it was beautiful? By then I must have been slurring everything, much less have the ability to form a coherent thought.

Yeah, I wish my memory (and my way with words) was better, because I was pretty sober. You said something about "We have old friends, and we have new friends. Some of our friends are no longer with us. Here's to our friends, because they make us who we are."

Something like that, but much more beautiful. And very coherent. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I'm finally understanding an emotion I am feeling due to the loss of Shannon. I'm wondering if any of you are feeling it too.

Since the terrible news, I've noticed that I have been experiencing a deeper caring for all the rest of you dz.commers.

I think I've taken for granted how much so many of you truly mean to me. This is to Shannon's credit.

My very best vibes to all of you.

I think, due to this incredible woman, the members of dz.com have just become much more tighter. Today, we are all family.B|

Chris

I told a few people how much I care about them and love them yesterday. Losing Shannon made me realize I needed to tell some of my friends how much they mean to me.

funny how it takes a loss such as this to remind us of the little things that mean so much when were gone.[:/]
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I told a few people how much I care about them and love them yesterday. Losing Shannon made me realize I needed to tell some of my friends how much they mean to me.

I did the exact same thing and I'm not done yet. Her spirit is truly with us.:)
Chris

Im finding the opposite, Im scared wondering which one is next .... I wonder how many I didnt pay attention to because it didnt affect my side of the world. I will check in a few days but honestly you people scare me.... I look on the whos online and it scares me to think of just how many different levels of friendship this place has. And theres nothing anyone can do for others... but support. Im sucking at that right now but one day maybe I can repay the favor...

Okay.... in the long run it will bring me closer to those who I already cared about. I think I might have to be more selective.... less friends , less chance of knowing... im full of crap solutions but thats cause I cant fathom this and correlate her with dying. How long does it take to sink in?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I'm finally understanding an emotion I am feeling due to the loss of Shannon. I'm wondering if any of you are feeling it too.

Since the terrible news, I've noticed that I have been experiencing a deeper caring for all the rest of you dz.commers.

I think I've taken for granted how much so many of you truly mean to me. This is to Shannon's credit.

My very best vibes to all of you.

I think, due to this incredible woman, the members of dz.com have just become much more tighter. Today, we are all family.B|

Chris

ABSOLUTELY!!! You know, I hardly know anyone on this website but I get so used to logging on and seeing posts from you all (especially GFD). Needless to say when someone is missing because they are no longer with us....well, it's like losing a friend. I have been in the weirdest mood all day and all I can think of is going home to HUG the shit out of my wife.

Also, I took a break from sky diving and it's been six months since I last jumped. I was planning to go back to the dz this coming weekend but talk about second guessing my self. Not that I'm afraid of dying but I'm afraid of putting my loved ones through something like this. Phew....I seriously need a beer.

Everyone, please take care of yourselves and be safe!!!!!

The Original Cabana Boy!

Blessings from Shannon and a few from the Bobster:
Kombucha
Cookie hookup
An open home
Twirly hugs
Endless humor
Serious shit
Playstation guitar addiction
Poker buddy
Distilled high quality H2O
A true friend

Ah, it felt good making that list and remembering the short-lived good times. There's probably more, but these are the immediate memories. She was a truly spectacular woman who's touched so many lives. I know she brightened mine immensely and for that am thankful.

How long does it take to sink in?

I don't think it ever fully does. Lisa, it's going to take time. In the meantime you've got the rest of us. Like Shannon, you also have made me laugh my ass off several times...and that I appreciate.

Chris

I still feel like someone just shot the prom queen. :|

You know she must be reading this thread. And I'm convinced that she is laughing her ass off at that comment.

I didn't know her other than from here...

And from the way people that loved her are remembering her....

That has to be, for this situation, the greatest tribute ever.B|

To those hurting right now, take the strength and joy you saw in her, and keep it as your own.

Make it, and her live on within you.

'Blues' GFD

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am so so sorry to all of you who knew her personally, I wish I had met her. We PM's alot over the past months and got to know each other that way. We could really relate with each other and a few situations that were going on in our lives were similar. She would always be one of the first to PM when someone got fired up over a post I made or if someone was getting "pissy" with me. Talking me off the ledge so to speak and telling me not to worry about it. Her humor was the best and we would always PM back and forth cutting up on each other and about others here on the forums. She was like a sister to me, you know the kind...family but not necessarily by blood.

I will miss you very very very much Shannon. I love you.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

sucks that this happened I never knew her but her posts always made me smile... and that is a miracle in itself...:(
Blueskies forever GFD
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I found out when I got a condolence post just a few moments ago.

Shannon is a nutball. I had just started flying camera when she did her AFF at Byron.

We had a lot of serious talks. When she fell for Bob she had posted this wierd-toned thread and I called her and she told me all about how Bob had wooed her and how much she loved him and how she had never felt that way before. I was so happy for both of you.

Best memory was sneaking into the DC-3 and onto the beacon with her at Eloy one post-midnight raid. Serious party animal, but very deep water just the same. That and the time she rode me in my birdman suit at Perris.

Fun, fun times. What a loss for our futures, but what a wonderful person to have known. She made my life much better.

Blue skies, Shannon-bo-bannan.

I'll be putting a lot of pictures up later.

Oh my god.
Words are so hard to come by.

While I have not been close to Shannon over the last two and a half years, love is something unchanged by time and distance. Without Shannon in my life, I would not even resemble the person I am today.

Thank you Shannon.

Thank you for being you, for giving the love you gave each day to everyone in your life.

Thank you for the laughter, sarcasm, and joy you brought all of us each day.

I'm so sorry I let my foolish pride get in the way of our friendship. It is a regret I'll live with the rest of my life.

These hundreds of posts only confirm the influence you've had on this world.

You are loved, and will be missed by many.

Jim

Today, we are all family.

We've been family. That's why this hurts. There is a true sense of community here and we have lost part of its heart and soul.

Walt

I only knew Shannon from DZ.com but, every once in awhile, she'd respond to something I had posted and it made me laugh. She even started a thread about my use of commas! That, really got to me. That, was really neat and made me feel good and it made me feel accepted. Just a silly little thing like that and she probably had no idea how much it meant to me. What a sweet person she was.

Chuck