waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:(

This has to be the worst news I've ever read on these boards.

Shannon, I loved you, you were a special friend to me when no one else understood me or my humor you sent me IMs with great big smiles.

Blue skies :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I am not sure what to say. Like some others that have posted, I never met Shannon. That said, sometimes you come across someone whose spirit is undeniable and you KNOW that they live the way they post, with joy, enthusiasm, and a commitment to life that is beacon for everything good that comes from living life to the fullest.

I can honestly she was one of the people I was most looking forward to meeting when I finally am in a position to "make the rounds" on the boogie circuit.

the bluest of skies, forever! [:/]

If someone else's existance was made a bit better by someone being here, however briefly, then that someone's was a life worthy of being called a life.

I never got to meet you, Shannon, but enjoyed reading your posts, and once gave you cat advice.

Fly free.

I am at a loss for words, I can't believe this is all true...

I got the call yesterday that "something" happened to her at the bridge, and I knew my nightmare had just come true.. even after reading all this I still can't believe it..

Shannon, you will be missed, but your smile and presence will be remembered forever.

I've sat down 3 times and before I could write anything down I just had to walk away. I only had the chance to meet Shannon at the '05 Dublin boogie but it was memorable. You couldn't help but smile. She will be truly missed by many and the sorrow will be painful for all. Shannon is now in a better place wishing all would smile for that and celebrate her life and not grieve here passing. It's very hard and we all deal with death in our own way. Look to the heavens and smile back at her to let her know that we will be ok. Know that she will still be with you in freefall watching out for each of you.
Peace and blue skies Angel, see ya on the flip side.
Conway

[reply
Option A/ you never get to meet her. Therefore, think that what happened to her is a shame. You'll survive it. Moving on. Another one bites the dust.
Option B/ you did meet her. Hurts like hell. Wonder "why her?".

Option C/ I really wished i've met her in real life, hurts like hell, and wonder why Her. Been drunk since 11am, am still drunk.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'm sure GFD is looking down from the Pearly Gates right now, estimating what kind of delay she can take.

Given the choice, I'll take thirty-five years of living over ninety-five years of not dying, every time.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Her moments werent BASE or skydiving, her moments were in our laughter. Its the one thing we always will have had in common .... she never failed to make me laugh.

Oh and she didnt make fun of my spelling.

She will be missed more then she could have ever imagined. Thank you Nico and Tanya, and thank you to my TV, the one object around to blame. I didnt need to finish watching the second season of Lost anyways. You are right Nico.

Bottom line: IMHO, you're better off having had the opportunity to have met such a wonderful "biatch", being for a minute, a day, a week, a lifetime... and hurting because of it, than not having met her.

Its okay that I hurt and I will for a long time to come. I only hurt because of what I lost. I wont ignore it, and I will stop taking it out on others. I dont want to though. Then again I didnt want to open that thread. I will finally lay down, as this nightmare was not really just that. I did lose the one girl I knew at any given moment would make me smile.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I logged on, saw the terrible news, and have spent the past hour reading about Shannon. I didn’t know the joy of meeting her in person, but she and I did PM a few times, and her threads always made me pee myself.
To all: From the posts I'm reading from all of you, your love for her spills over beautifully. Such an awful loss. To all of you whose lives she touched, please know my heart and thoughts are with you.

When i got the phone call yesterday afternoon all i could do was scream "NO, not shannon." Still in shock and numbness. Shannon was a good friend. Our IM chats were the best. 2 years ago when i broke my ankle after our jump together, she stroked my hair and tried to calm me down while waiting for the paramedics. She took care of me when i needed her. I hope she's having a blast up there with Holly. It would break her heart to see all of us in tears.

Shannon Banannon ~ I love you girl. We'll fly together again someday when i'm called home....

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I am still in total shock and at a loss for words. I can't believe it happened to our very own Shannon[:/]

I have only known her for a few years, but she has touched my life in many ways. She was always there for me when I was down or needed advise. Always willing to lend a smile. I feel VERY fortunate to have met, jumped and partied with Shannon. She was at almost every single boogie I was at since I started jumping. We shared a passion for traveling and meeting new friends.

I'll never forget at the Dublin Boogie 2005, we spotted a dollar lying on the ground at the same time. We decided to rip it in half to be fair. We said that we would each keep our halves forever. I kept mine in a special pocket in my wallet and she kept hers in her jumpsuit pocket. I will forever keep mine and be glad to have that piece of her with me at all times. I find comfort in knowing that she still has her half too.

I'm trying to smile through the tears and remember the MANY good times we had together. She will not be forgotten.

My most sincere thoughts and prayers go out to Shannon's family, friends and fiance.

rest in peace and fly free with the angels sweetie... i'll see you when i get there. tell egon i said hi. i love you shannon.