waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

If we are REAL lucky in life, we occasionally get to meet a few people that are larger than life.

Shannon was unquestionably one of these people for me.

Since I first heard about this I have been at a complete loss for words. Now the words are starting to flood my mind with things I would like to say and none of it quite sounds right. Please forgive any incoherence..

I first met her at Dublin 2005. I was totally blown away by her within the first 5 minutes of meeting her. I had never met anyone quite like her. It was instant crush. She had that effect on people.

I talked with her last on Saturday night. We talked about how her neck was bothering her from a hard opening and she was going to start packing slider up. When I asked her about if that was really a good idea off a 500ft bridge. Her reply was it was no big deal, it’s over water.

We talked about getting together with her and Bob in Vegas in a couple weeks for the WSOP. I was so looking forward to that.

Shit!! Tears again.. I can almost hear her telling me to quit being such fucking baby right now.

This community will never be the same without her. I don’t think that was ever anyone here that touched as many people here as Shannon did.

What a weekend...

Taz and Shannon where probably made form the same mold... Small bundle of energy and sweetness with a twist of mischievousness. They split them up since having the 2 together in the same place would have been dangerous! lol

I dont think they knew each other, but if they had met I'm 100% sure they would have hit it off.

Bob: take care of yourself, and if you ever come around AZ, you have a place to stay.
Remster

Yup , going between every emotion imaginable. I wish I was strong enough to help others, all I want to do is be pissed at the world. I wish I could be more in control. Way to painful. Too painful. Its been all night and the verdict has not changed. She is gone, no more of her spirit.

J- I keep picturing her doing the same. She would be mad at the tears and threaten me with bodily harm . I miss her. This place wont be the same.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

This community will never be the same without her. I don’t think that was ever anyone here that touched as many people here as Shannon did.

Its a big world. We are small. We were blessed to have her.
I think God is picking out his freefly team again. :(

Shannon... you are loved, you are missed, and you will never be forgotten. Fly with us always.

I only knew her here on this site, but she seemed liked an amazing person. I feel confident in my belief that she is at peace and in a better place, but I send all of you my good thoughts and prayers as she left you in a worse place than you were before this moment.

Blue Skies Forever GFD.

My Love to You All,

Erik

Yup , going between every emotion imaginable. I wish I was strong enough to help others, all I want to do is be pissed at the world. I wish I could be more in control. Way to painful. Too painful. Its been all night and the verdict has not changed. She is gone, no more of her spirit.

No, LisaMarie. That's not true.

Shannon's spirit lives on in every single life she touched...and she touched many. Profoundly.

rl

I was actually thinking of calling her Sunday on my way home from the DZ to give her some shit about what she said Saturday night. She would have some smart-ass comment and laugh at me. Probably accuse me of being smelly and that I should take a shower more often. We had some really great phone conversations at bizzare hours. I'd known her for nearly 4 years (geez has it been that long), missing her at event after event. She used to joke that I was avoiding her. We met in person at Dublin 2006, I introduced her to April and I remember her telling April that I was one of the coolest dirty hippies she ever not met before. :D The tears come to my eyes even as I type this, but I still smile, because Im better to have know her.:)
Jay, sounds like your outing last night was an adventure. Im sure Shannon would have approved.
April tried to tell me this morning but I could barely stand much less listen to words. Thanks for coming by last night, we sure did remember her in the best way possible... with wine, and friends, and food, and fun.

Peace
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

:(:(:(

I got a call from a friend last evening after a pretty good weekend of partying and jumping. I had to pull over and park on the side of I-5 as I was driving home.....Just unbelievable...I will miss her sooooo much:(:(:(:(:(

Fly Free Shannon[:/]

If we are REAL lucky in life, we occasionally get to meet a few people that are larger than life.

Shannon was unquestionably one of these people for me.

One of my favorite singer/songwriters wrote this more than thirty years ago. And since last night, it won't stop playing in my head.

For A Dancer
Jackson Browne

Keep a fire burning in your eye
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down
I don't remember losing track of you
You were always dancing in and out of view
I must have thought you'd always be around
Always keeping things real by playing the clown
Now you're nowhere to be found

I don't know what happens when people die
Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try
It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear
That I can't sing
I can't help listening
And I can't help feeling stupid standing 'round
Crying as they ease you down
'Cause I know that you'd rather we were dancing
Dancing our sorrow away
(Right on dancing)
No matter what fate chooses to play
(There's nothing you can do about it anyway)

Just do the steps that you've been shown
By everyone you've ever known
Until the dance becomes your very own
No matter how close to yours
Another's steps have grown
In the end there is one dance you'll do alone

Keep a fire for the human race
Let your prayers go drifting into space
You never know what will be coming down
Perhaps a better world is drawing near
And just as easily it could all disappear
Along with whatever meaning you might have found
Don't let the uncertainty turn you around
(The world keeps turning around and around)
Go on and make a joyful sound
Into a dancer you have grown
From a seed somebody else has thrown
Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
And somewhere between the time you arrive
And the time you go
May lie a reason you were alive
But you'll never know
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I’m sorry I couldn’t say anything more than what I posted.
It has taken a while to get my head straight enough to say anything coherent.

I was one of the fortunates who had their lives touched by Shannon. In just two short meetings, Shannon touched my life in a very major way.
Oh damn…it may not be manly for a man to cry but she would totally understand.

Dear one, we’ll get that hybrid done when I see you again.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

J- I keep picturing her doing the same. She would be mad at the tears and threaten me with bodily harm . I miss her. This place wont be the same.

Option A/ you never get to meet her. Therefore, think that what happened to her is a shame. You'll survive it. Moving on. Another one bites the dust.
Option B/ you did meet her. Hurts like hell. Wonder "why her?".

Bottom line: IMHO, you're better off having had the opportunity to have met such a wonderful "biatch", being for a minute, a day, a week, a lifetime... and hurting because of it, than not having met her.

Go for "the moment". You can't replace it. Ever.

N.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I want do-overs on this one, dammit! >:(

A day, week, year, you've no Idea.

Shannon was a solid jumper. She knew what she was doing.

I was called back to the bridge within minutes hoping it was a mistake. A bunch of us stood there under the bridge wishing for that do over. After walking from under the bridge to the grass, it hit me hard. I walked almost stumbling, out onto the bridge running my hand down the side of the rail barely able to breath in.

Shannon, rode back to her hotel from Woody's in my truck saturday night talking about many things including the horrible bands that played that night (except the first one, they were good). It was a good ride and a good start.

Bob, I'm so sorry this has happened. There are no words to say it properly.

Blue skies, bright moonlight, urban exploring, getaway cars ...

Bye Shannon
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I talked with her last on Saturday night. We talked about how her neck was bothering her from a hard opening and she was going to start packing slider up. When I asked her about if that was really a good idea off a 500ft bridge. Her reply was it was no big deal, it’s over water.

She was slammed after a 2.5 sec delay slider down on our 2 way Saturday. I almost always jump slider up at the bridge so I told her to pull the slider up considering her neck injury.
Given the proper delay, it really is no big deal. It is a bridge with a big landing area, and yeah over water.

It has nothing to do with the incident however, it didn't matter if she was slider up or down the result would be the same.

I don't have much to post right now. I can't put my feelings into words very well at the moment. This has sure been difficult so far though and it hasn't even been 24 hours.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2251127#2251127

At some point I'll stop feeling like I've been booted in the stomach. Dammit. It's hard to type when you can't see the screen through the tears.

And mixed with the tears comes laughter as I remember. So many memories... love under the Velocity, golfcart driveby flashing runs, hours chatting in the Pub, that weekend in Perris two years ago...

We had dinner with Shannon and Bob a month or so ago. Sharing good food and good conversation with good friends - that was the last time I saw her. The memory of that night will be with me forever.

Bob... God, I can't find the right words, if there even are any right words. Shannon was blessed to have you in her life.

Shannon... thank you. For the hugs (you gave the best hugs!) the laughter, the skydives. the friendship, the matchmaking, for being the incredible person you were.

I miss you so much.

The attached pictures were taken by JP (Deuce) at Perris on Memorial Day weekend, 2004.

Shan.....dammit. Don't want to believe it's you.

So many wonderful times we had. From the Prarie to Rantoul, Chick's Rock to our many skydives at home; Never seizing to make me laugh and smile. I will miss the "Katana dog fights."

It was a pleasure working ground crew for you girl...any time.

We will miss you at girl's night - we'll hold a place for you.

Love you ~ lana

So very sad......
I could always come on here and look for her posts to make me laugh when I was feeling down :(
AND LAUGH OUT LOUD I DID :D :D Thank you Shannon !
I feel so lucky to have met her at the Dublin Boogie and just recently chat a bit via PM's !
All our brothers and sisters up above are now blessed with the laughter and joy she brings with her.
Thank You Again Shannon ;)
<>
Tami

Shannon girl, can you please crawl back under the covers with me so I can stroke your hair, hold your hand and talk..... :(

I've asked Manny and Jimmy to take good care of you - you all can have some kick ass freefly jumps!

Dammit.... this is just wrong

love you g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?