waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

I got the news last night as I was preparing a meal for a few friends. We (Jay, Kelly, and I) had just talked to her and Bob Saturday night.
Turned out we had a large feast at my place and drank a lot of wine. Im talking a LOT, so much I think im still drunk. Ow it hurts, but not as bad as this.
Thanks to Hottie, Chaos Kitty, Iwan, Lauralicious, Kelel01, Thantos340, and others that were there to raise your glasses and remember our friend at my little impromptu BBQ dinner turned memorial party.

Life can be short. Live hard.
Miss you girl.

Goddam hippies piss me off! ~GFD
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

That's awful! I'm just 'catching-up' after being away all week-end. Horrible news. She will be missed. How sad.
I just recalled, I'd read her posts and she made me laugh. She brought a smile to everyone if not, a rib-splitting laugh. I think, God needed someone to bring him smile.

Chuck

She had a great weekend and she was truly happy when we parted.

I sit here not knowing what to say....as Bob said...she was truely happy. She had a perma-smile all weekend.

When I saw her Saturday morning walking up in the parking lot with her gear, I called out her name. She looked over at me and her jaw dropped. We hadn't seen each other since Dublin '05...She ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever...and didn't let go for the longest.

Shannon touched so many people and I am happy I was able to spend these past few days with her. It had been way too long.....

Bob, please know that you are in our thoughts here in Houston...I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I will miss you, Shannon.

Amanda

"High Flight"

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's been announced by the Sherrif's department in Twin Falls. We lost Shannon (GirlFallDown) today in a BASE jumping accident at the Perrine bridge. Apparently her bridle wrapped around her arm and didn't clear until too late.

This is really fucked up.

Walt

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Terrible news. I wish I could say I knew her, nonetheless, I wish the very best for her family and friends.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well, I didn't know GFD; however, this news brought tears to my eyes. My deepest sympathies to all of her family, friends and loved ones! I'm really and truly sorry for your loss!

--Sara
Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. -- Phillips Brooks

well, it's morning and i'm still numb. it's simply an amazing testament to this woman that she could have such a PROFOUND impact on so many, mainly through the internet.

HH, thanks for this site.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I meet Shannon in Dublin! She helped put the final touches on the paint and added glitter to my costume! I will forever remember that and I will always think of the good times!

She did a great job doing the touch up paint on my poker chips. I forgot that until you mentioned it :(
What a beautiful, funny, uplifting personality.....Her posts always made me laugh, and she was always so full of life! She will be missed...my heart goes out to her friends and family. May you have eternal Blue Skies Shannon!
F LORIDA!

It's sad when we lose anyone from our community, but someone who has touched so many, and befriended even more is always harder.

I finally had the pleasure to meet Shannon at Dublin this year, and she lived up to every image she put across on dz.com. Warm, friendly, vivacious, and I could sense lots of fun to be around.

My sympathies go out to her family, her fiance, and her friends...near and far.

From what I can see already - she won't just be missed...she will be profoundly missed![:/]

Live large with Holly, Nate, Chris, and all the rest of our brothers and sisters - Shannon!:(

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I'm sad that I haven't been in the sport long enough to have met her personally, but she did seem like an awesome person who never let anything bother her and would always make you laugh....at least I got that from her posts..

My prayers go out to everyone who is affected and to her family and friends as well....[:/]

Blue Skies Forever Shannon
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

well, it's morning and i'm still numb.

Me too.

But I can't help thinking that she would be pleased her thread went hot. I know we can't turn this into the "Christian thread," but I think we will do her proud anyway.

it's simply an amazing testament to this woman that she could have such a PROFOUND impact on so many, mainly through the internet.

I said this over in the Base Zone, that I've lost a lot of friends in the last few years...and some of those relationships were profoundly important in my life...but for me, this is the worst. Much like Dave said, I want a "do over."

I owed her a PM. I want her to be here to read it.

I want her to be here six days from now, so I can wish her a happy birthday. I want her to go on enriching all the lives she touched in her all too brief time here on earth.

Shannon was a riot. But she was also a thoughtful, insightful, loving person, and there is a gaping hole in the fabic of the universe right now.

I want her back, dammit. Just like everyone else.

rl

(I had to proofread this twice, and I'm still not sure I got all the typos. And it is still an effort of will to breathe and to not break things.)
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

But I can't help thinking that she would be pleased her thread went hot.

Ain't that the truth. :P

Shannon was special. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you only talked to her online or saw her every day, her smile and laughter were infectious. And it's impossible not to feel an emptiness and an aching in our hearts right now. I know I'm a freakin mess.

May 29th was my birthday.
So bittersweet that it should coincide with such sad news.
Condolences to all.
:(

-
The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now.
We will never be here again.