waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

I can't put into words what is going on in my head right now. But I wanted to at least share a couple of pictures I found.

Shannon, you were a beautiful presence in my life. You will be sorely missed.

Bob, my heart goes out to you along with my love and support.

--Q
-----
Chris "Q" Quaintance
ccqquaintance.com
D-23345

I have no idea what to say. Hell, I don't even know what to think. Shannon was one of the most awesome people I've met in skydiving. She was so friendly; it was easy to feel comfortable around her a few seconds after you first met her.

She was with me on my 80th jump, and I didn't have a chance to get her to sign my logbook. I had to leave right after I landed. I tossed my rig in my trunk, unpacked, and drove home in my jumpsuit. I figured I'd get her to sign it the next time I saw her. I forgot to ask her at Byron, and I was hoping to ask her at the American Boogie. I'll be thinking of her every time I open my logbook; it's the one jump I don't have signed.

Damn. Shannon, I'm gonna miss you.

Awe man, it's starting to register looking at all these pictures of her. Truly overwhelming. I can't believe it.

Thank you Shannon for being a friend, for always making me laugh, for being as true as you are, for all the skydives we had together, and for everything else I'm forgetting to mention.

My sympathy and condolences to her family, all her friends, and especially Bob. My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry.

I will miss you and never forget you Shannon.

Fly free forever sweet girl.

:(:(

--------------------------------------------------
"Well, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripe, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol!"

I had the pleasure of meeting Shannon this year and she was a joy. I am soo shocked by this. I have lost some friends along the way but I have said it before but it never get easier. Sitting here at work at 1 in the morning and I cannot get my head in the game. She will be missed dearly and my thoughts and prayers to her family and close friends. I'll see you again on your side when I get there Shannon.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I didn't know Shannon, but this has been a bad week-end and I know how I've been feeling these last few days after hearing about two other deaths and can only think that now even more are now feeling the same way.

As Gareth said, we need to remember their lives, how they touched us and how we are now better people for having met them, even though it's tough and sad that we won't see them again. :(

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

:o:o I don't know what to say.. i wished i've met her in person. My thoughts go out to everyone who knows her. Damn.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I love ya Shannon. You were so much more than an awesome person, an awesome skydiver. You were a strong, independent woman in this sport, more of whom we so desperately need, not less. I love how you didn't let any sort of public opinion sway your natural craziness. Your independence and ceaseless humor was inspirational and beautiful and fuck you for making me think you're probably laughing at me right now for writing this!!
Also, by the way, remember the skydiving song you taught me? I still sing it to my students, totally offkey, much to the chagrin of all my coworkers. Topless only with you though, babe.
So anyway, I'm hurting, not for you, because I know you're buying your case (and probably some brown liquor too) for this, but for me. My life will be missing an absolutely phenomenal element without you in it.
I love you girl. See you when I see you, and I WILL grab your boobs!

Like so many have already said, I am in complete shock. This is not real...it's just not real.:( Dear God, this is painful. I'm re-reading all our pms' and reading some of her threads. There are just too many, but not enough!!!:(:(:( I truly feel an ache in my chest.

Bob, I don't know what to say but please know you and Shannon's family are in my prayers.

God, the number of times she made me laugh when I really needed it!:(

This website will never be the same.

Chris

I met her at WFFC '04. When she said she was coming to Dublin last year, she said she couldn't wait to meet me. ;) I called her on it and in typical Shannon style she didn't BS and say "Oh yeah, now I remember" or apologize, she just said met alot of people there while drunk and didn't remember most of them.

My version of a dz.com firelight remembrance, as always, she provided the light. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.