waltappel

GirlFallDown...BSBD

It's been announced by the Sherrif's department in Twin Falls. We lost Shannon (GirlFallDown) today in a BASE jumping accident at the Perrine bridge. Apparently her bridle wrapped around her arm and didn't clear until too late.

This is really fucked up.

Walt

local news story

Sorry... didn't realize you had to register. Here's the cut-n-paste.

TWIN FALLS - In just four days, one person has died - and three others have suffered injuries after jumping off the Perrine Bridge near Twin Falls.

The latest incident happened in the noon hour Monday -- when a 34-year-old California woman jumped off the bridge, and her parachute failed to open. Witnesses say it appeared the chute got tangled in the woman's arm.

Less than 15 minutes earlier, another man was injured, and paramedics transported him by ambulance to Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin falls.

In the 10am hour Monday, another woman also was hurt - and was taken by air ambulance to MVMC. The extent of their injuries is not known.

On Friday, 29-year-old Jason Cooper was critically injured when his chute failed to open -- he is at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise in critical condition.

A BASE jumping event is being held on the bridge over the Snake River this weekend -- possibly contributing to the high number of incidents.

The deceased woman is 34-years-old, and lives in Alameda, CA -- her name has not been released.

Video Clip
Witnesses react to the failed jump
This is the third recorded fatality on the Perrine Bridge - the others occurred in 2002 and 2003. The drop from the top of the bridge span to the Snake River floor is about 476 feet.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

What? No no this isnt true ....

I'm sorry to say it is. I heard this afternoon from friends in the BASE community and confirmed it with people on site. It's true and I'm wishing like hell it wasn't.

Walt

There are many of us on this site that truly wished this wasnt true....but it is.

:(
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

A 34-year-old California woman died Monday when she slammed into the Snake River after her parachute failed to deploy following a 486-foot leap from a southcentral Idaho bridge that's the world's most-frequented BASE jumping location.

The Alameda, Calif., woman, whose name wasn't released pending notification of family, is the third person to die since 2002 after jumping from the Perrine Bridge on U.S. Highway 93.

I don't know if this is Shannon or not, no name was given in this AP news release dated today (May 29th).
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

no this cant be true, Not my Shannon, not her, she is to good, she is to wonderful , she is to pure in her heart please say this isnt true, I have lost so much this past year and this week has been by god the worst , I cant accept this, please dont say this about her, please someone call me please...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Godammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. What an amazing person, such a tragic loss. I'm in shock and cannot think to post better words. FUCK! I want to scream and cry and be angry and punch a fucking wall.

Shannon- Fly free and let your soul shine.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

She touched so many lives and she brought me so many smiles. I am heart broken. I'll miss you.:(
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I'm still just trying to process this; at the moment it doesn't feel in the slightest bit real. Not Shannon, not now when so much was going so right in her life. She was one of my first friends in the sport; I met her on my very first skydiving road trip and she was an instant friend. We were very different and yet very similar at the core.

I miss you already, girl. As much as I miss her I can't imagine what Bob is going through right now and my heart goes out to him and all of Shannon's family.

Attaching a few of my favorite photos.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

no shes just a dirty pirate whore yes she is pirate whore 1

oh stop, you drunken limey bastard.:D For those who don't know, skinnyshrek knew her well and i'm not really attacking him.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...