freefalling2day

A tribute to Max Mueller,.. you will be missed

I searched around and did not find anything in the Bonfire about the recent death of Max Mueller and would like to start this thread in honor of him.
http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/5892092/detail.html#

It is always a sad day in the sport to lose someone as special as Max. He was a great skydiver and a friend. I am blessed that I have known him since 1994 and have made many jumps with him. I will cherish them always. I will always remember Max yodelling in the morning, sitting with him at the coffee gallery and his smile. Max loved Hawaii and has spent many winters there. I talked with him just 3 weeks ago and he sounded happy as always.
My deepest condolences to his daughter and family. Also my condolences to the family of the tandem passenger. I would like to think that I will be skydiving when I am 69 like Max. I think he would of jumped until he was a 100 if he could of. He truly loved the sport and I know will be missed by all that knew him.
So,.. Blaue Himmel Max and I hope you have everlasting freefall.

Max was one of the first people I met at Skydive Hawaii last year when I started jumping there. I asked him to sign my logbook. He not only signed it but drew a picture of Diamond head, the sun and a bird along with "aloha". Every time I seen him, he was always upbeat and happy and made others feel the same. Condolences to his family and friends, same for the ladys family and friends.
blues skies friend.

The handful of times I went up to the Dilligham DZ to hang out and maybe jump, Max greeted me with "Guten Morgen, you are jumping today. You go with me, we'll have fun." He was such a nice and kind and caring man. He was someone you looked at and he just "shined", like he enjoyed life so much nothing could tarnish his happiness or sense of self.

BSBD Max, fly free.

LH*

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

I knew Max from 97-2000 when I was stationed out in Hawaii. Always had fun with Max. We boxed a few times out back. A few time I wondered how good Max eye sight was for how hard he used to dock on me, come to find out I guess he didnt like to wear his glasses. I always thought that was funny. You could always count on Max being the first one to show up or one of the first on the morning. We had plenty of good morning conversations, half of which I couldn't understand but thats when he would use some hand signals but I don't sign either. The language barrier was rough some times but just by his presence you knew you shared a love of playing in the sky which to me is easy to understand from anybody. You will be missed Max and I will see you on the other side when I get there.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

My 1st trip to Dillingham field, I showed up by myself, didn't know anyone, and the first person I met was Max. I wrote about that meeting a few years ago.

There was "Max from Germany" in Skydive Hawaii, with his 8000+ jumps, who insisted that we do some RW jumps even though I told him that I only had 68 jumps at the time and didn't think I was up to his caliber for RW. "Nonsense Tom, we do RW" was all he said, and I had two of my best RW jumps to date that day.

I was back in Ohau a couple of years later, and went back to the airfield to make some jumps. Of course the first person I see is Max. "Hello, how have you been?" He asked upon seeing me. I said "Hi Max, wow, I can't believe you remember me after two years". He said "I remember everyone."

He was just filled with all this positive energy the two times I saw him on Oahu. A true skydiver. My condolenses.

NATURE'S FIRST GREEN IS GOLD
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower
But only so an hour
As leaf subsides to leaf
So Eden sank to grief
As dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.

-Robert Frost

Blue Skies Max,
Tom

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

A few time I wondered how good Max eye sight was for how hard he used to dock on me

Max was well-known to all of us for his, "No Fraulein Dock" style, but he was always there and always got in.

I talked to him Thursday morning. He was very interested in my Katana and, I think, he contemplated getting one. On my way out, he flagged me down and tried to convince me to go to the Thailand Boogie with him. He was jazzed about doing C-130 jumps.

I went up to Dillingham yesterday and there were reminders of him everywhere. A talented artist, good skydiver, and a close friend. Aloha, bruddah, you are missed already.

Max was one of the kindest, most considerate people I've ever met in the sport, he was a real inspiration to all of us in Hawaii, even at 69 his enthusiasm and love for the sport never dimmed, he was especially warm and nice to new jumpers, always encouraging and positive, he will be greatly missed by all that knew him, so long Max, what an example, what a life, we all loved ya buddy.
Tim
SCR-21

BSBD Max. When I heard the news, I thought, I only know one "Max" in Hawaii. I couldn't believe it when I realized it really was Max! He was a Skydive Hawaii icon. I remember thinking he was either an optimist or an extremist when he bought a lifetime membership to USPA when he was like 65.

What a sad day to learn about this tragedy. Sympathies to Max's family and to the family of the tandem passenger.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

This is ages late but I just heard this weekend...

Max was, by far, the friendliest and most helpfull person I met at the DZ during my time living in Hawaii.

I will always remember him with a smile and his picture of an island and palm tree in my logbook will always remind me of a most excellent 2-way over Oahu's beautiful north shore.

"Viele Glück" Max. May your skies be forever blue.

-Brian