DeNReN

Vicki (1naFLYhi) BSBD

Although I had never met Vicki, as she would have started jumping shortly after my last visit to the dz, I was sad to hear the news on Monday. My sincerest condolences go to her family and friends...

The Waterville crew is a very special one -- know that I am thinking of you, as I always do.

~ Arran

I first meet Vicky online, we chatted on an off about family, friends and of course SKYDIVING . I finally got to meet her this summer. Although I have only known her a short time she will never be forgotten.She came bounceing over to me to show me her new boots(which were wrestling boots) I said OMG you silly women what are they? She responded by saying they are comfy on my feet and in the plane and "I plan to spend lots of time in the air" (I giggled) and she skipped off to gear up for her next jump with her new boots.

Although I didn't know her long she will be sadly missed and never be forgotten.

Blue Sky's Vicky :(

:( Damn guys I am so sorry to hear this. I had the chance to actually chat with on several occasions. She was such a sweet girl.

I send my heart felt condolences to all of you up in Canada as well as her family.

Blue Skies forever Vicki!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well...again...where to start :(

Words are hard to find when posting in threads like this...and its almost as hard to read the posts :(

The last few days have been very hard on the Waterville crew and of course the skydiving community in general...any loss is always hard to deal with....but when we loose one of our own...it hits much closer to home......home...well....her family has to be feeling this even more than we do...its hard to imagine that someone can feel more sorrow than the people that knew her of late...but of course her family misses her the most and have a harder time understanding what happened then we do...

The local skydiving community is starting to pull together as people hear about the loss of Vicki and are looking for means of contact with others who they normally only talk to on weekends at the DZ... we are all part of the community....some more regular then others...but we all feel the same sorrow and heartfelt loss of our fellow skydiver....and the support of other skydivers worldwide is noted and much appreciated..

As most can tell...I am not a writer...but I will continue reguardless...as I hope most will understand what I am trying to say.

I spoke with Vicki's sister tonight after work...her and her other sisters have of course come from away to say good-bye and try and make sence of her sudden death...it was not a easy call to make...but one that had to be made ....they visited the DZ today and layed flowers at the Canadian flag next to our target(peas)...hoping to meet with the people that had become her "weekend family"....of course no one was there....:( ..the DZ is naturally closed till the investigation is complete...she expressed to me the desire for them to meet the people who Vicki had come to call close friends in this last short year....

I told her that quite a few local skydivers would be attending the funeral and would be avaible to speak with her and the rest of the family at that time...I also told her of this thread and the support from not only the local community but the world skydiving community in general...at that point I read her guana's post(she was not near a comp)...as a example of what was being said......emotion is not a word enough to describe what was felt by both ...after reading.....she has asked me to print the thread for her and family as they are trying to understand what kind of people she(Vicki) had chosen to become one of....

Her sister(I really want to say her name..but never asked for permission) also asked if we would be skydiving again soon so she and her other sisters/family could come watch what Vicki had come to love soo much....I explained to her that of course the DZ was shut down untill the investigation was complete and that we all were hoping to be able to jump again very soon as to honor Vicki with a memorial jump....she was very insistant at this point that we include them(non jumping) in the memorial....

As sad and tragic this weekend has been...it is absoultly fan freaking tastic that some of her family(non skydivers)are looking to understand what skydiving meant to Vicki .

Well...I'm really starting to ramble...time to go and print pic's for family and friends....

Night Vicki...I'll always remember you sillouted against those reddish clouds before you stood up another landing and screamed in delight :)

I met Vicki only once. She was a very happy go lucky person. Her and Ashley (her boyfriend, my fiancee's uncle) came to visit me back in May. Her personality was contagious. No matter how down and out you felt, she made you smile. Even though we only got to talk that weekend, she told me so much about herself, especially how much she loved skydiving. She told me about the first time she had done it, and her reasons for starting. I told her she was crazy for wanting to do it. Skydiving made her so happy. She loved the rush she got from it and how free it made her feel. She also talked about her kids. She loved them so much, words could not describe how much she loved them and how proud she was of them.
I may not have known her long, but I am glad I got to know her.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
Phillip & Cara in PEI

I have attached a picture of her when she was over to visit.

Yo Ralph!
Sorry to hear about your loss, but it still hurts, even out on the Wet Coast.
Has it really been twenty years since my last jump in Waterville?
... and you still send reminders about your wild and crazy Waterville bunch.
Why just a couple of weeks ago, that crazy Acadian (are all Acadians crazy?) Dominic showed up at Beiseker, Alberta.
On a more serious note, do you need an ash bag?

There's nothing more we can say, we lost a wonderful member of the family....

Vicki was an amazing person who will be missed so dearly my own words cannot express.
I'm a tremendous music fan and I searched for the perfect musical quote for her and I think I finally found it (ad lib)........

...She still gave her love, she just gave it away
The love she received is the love that was saved;

And sometimes will be seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly........
Pearl Jam

You will be missed by all of us

Hello everyone from Waterville. This is new to me - but I would like to start by saying - THANKYOU! Thank you for letting us meet all of you and showing us what Vicki loved and what skydiving meant to her. We have just arrived back to BC last night - and I know that personally I felt we were leaving her there with all of you at the DZ. I know that - although I/we are not spirtual or hold much faith - I do believe that she is there with you all at the DZ in Waterville. Although we laid her to rest in Lockartville, myself and my sisters know she is there watching over all of you with a smile on her face - flying as free she can be.

Thank you for the plane ride - I was quite "freaked out" watching Jay jump out - but I know now what the thrill was all about. Continue doing what you love to do - BE SAFE and hold her in your thoughts and hearts whenever your just hanging around the drop zone. If any of you would like to stay in touch - I believe Dennis has our contact information. We would love any pictures/video you may have of her. We'd also love the video Jay took the day we were there on the plane with him. You are a wonderful group of people. Thank you for bringing her so much happiness. She is deeply missed by us all. Keep a look out for her kids/family - they may surprise you one day with a visit - looking for what we have found. They may not understand and may never accept what we have come to understand - but they are trying. If there are any answers that come out of this tragedy - it would be helpful. We know nothing will bring her back - but if something found can help save someone else - it is worth knowing. Not knowing why/how is hard to accept for some people. We look forward to staying in touch with you.

The sisters
Vicki's Sisters

We've lost one of the good ones indeed.

I wish I had known this thread existed earlier, I feel kind of late putting down my thoughts now. I've only had a chance to speak to my brother since the accident, and haven't had the opportunity to really say anything to the rest of the folks in Waterville and pass along my condolences.

This August was the first time I met Vicki. I only get to jump when I'm home in the summers on leave. Right away I could tell she was a great member of the Waterville family, and it was like she should've been there for years.

The last time I got to see her was the last night I was home before coming back to Ontario for university. It was the Friday night before the accident. I had done a fun 10 second delay, and as anyone who was there that evening can attest, I put myself in a pretty ridiculous flat spin. As soon as I was on the ground and on the gear mat, she was eager to hear all about my jump, and share in the excitement of the craziness I had just got myself into. She shared her story about the time she did the exact same thing on her 10 second delay, and we had a good laugh. I only knew Vicki a short time, but it wasn't hard to tell that her enthusiasm never went away, and she was always smiling and glad to be at the DZ.

My sincerest condolences to Vicki's family, and to all my friends and family at the DZ. I wish I had been able to be there to share some of the grief and maybe make it a little lighter.

From now on, when my birthday rolls around on August 28th, I'll also remember that it's the day we lost a great friend and jumper.

Blue Skies Vicki

I recieved a email tonight from Vicki's sister ....Her mom had visited her in BC over the holidays and had her scan a pic of Vicki's headstone requesting that it be posted here for all to see.....a beautiful monument to a beautiful person who is greatly missed :(

As we all go on with our everyday lives through the holiday season we can tend to somewhat forget the ones we have lost for a short while...only to be reminded of them and hopefully remember the good times...the positive influence they have had on us...and the joy they experianced in our presence.

I think of Vicki almost every day as I still see her name on my messenger....Vicki(with a rose) (offline)....I will never delete it.

Vicki's family were a great help to us(the local skydiving community..and extended community) in finding closure in dealing with the loss of a dear friend....as we tried to be so for them....however we are still waiting for the investigation to be completed >:( so we can help them(and us) find complete closure....

Once the holiday season is over I will get off my ass and have the thread in the incidents forum addressed by me or someone else......keep in mind there will be no speculation...but a update as to the investigation results or lack of will be posted.

Blue Skies Forever Vicki......fly free my friend...you are missed and always will be...

hello jay
Rhonda here just wanted to say thank you for calling my mom. I talked to her this morning and she realizes it is time to let go. There is no one to blame and we all except that. She will have good days and bad but that is to be expected in the loss of a loved one.I hope you have the help and support of others to get you through this also.I just can't imagine . If you do get the Video back we would love to see the start of Vicki's jump that day. The smile and thumbs up are how she is to be remembered.Also if you have the plane ride my dad and sisters went on that would be great to see as well. I'm hoping mom will go to the Dz at Easter as I will be sending flowers for them to put on the Marker. (Canada Flag) . Mom had mentiond that some of the jumpers were leaving to jump at differant drop zones.I hope this isn't a result in Vicki's death as she would not have wanted that. Vicki found a group of Crazy nuts that were as crazy as her. WE found a bunch of big hearts that cared for our sister and let her be who she needed to be at that point in her life.I will be putting up a post in Vicki's forum letting every one know that the chute was fine and it was an accident. I hope all the people we met in waterville continue to jump there . It is a place I will never forget ,not only because that is were my sister lost her life but also because that is were Vicki started a new life . She found a passion that put her on a high and she found all of you .You may post this on the forum if you like but I don't know how . Thank Dave and all the others fly free Vickis sister Rhonda
Vicki's Sisters

A year has passed,
But we will always miss you as if it were the day you left us.
Forever loved, mom and dad, your sisters and family.

Where I have gone,
I am not so small
My soul is as wide,
As the world is tall.
I have gone to answer
The call, the call
Of the one who takes
Care of us all.
Wherever you look,
You will find me there-
On the heart of a rose,
In the heart of a prayer.