YonatanRan

Re: [recyclebingo] double fatality - Condolences - Sara

The incident Involved 2 Skydivers....My best friends...
They were both very very experienced...
coming in to land they had a canopy collision, around 150-200 feet off the ground...
it didnt clear...they both hit the ground.
Sorry if this isnt as clear as it should be, I just lost my best friends in the world....
5-10 seconds after impact we were at the scene and doing CPR....they were dead on impact...
the medics got there and declared them dead....

Sara Had 1500 jumps and was jumping daily...
She was also a Tandem Instructor a rigger and a coach...
Ron had 2100 jumps and also was jumping daily...

Please....Please....dont post if you dont know....Don't speculate, don't come up with ideas on what happend... I saw it happen...I know....

If your curious...ask.....I'll Answer...but dont just write for the sake of writing...its hard enough as it is.....

Thank you....

Yonatan Ran...

C.K Essential 4EVER...

Yonatan,

These are indeed very sad news.
A lot of people in Israel (including my self) knew Sara and jumped with her, what a great person and a skydiver she was.
As the details of the accident are still obscure, the great loss and tragedy are already known.
My condolences to the family and friends.

Ofer Bar

Yonatan,

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I am in tears. Sara was one of the most incredible, energetic women I have ever met, and I look up to her. I saw both of you when I came back to Jersey in May, and I was SO happy to see Sara! You and I got the chance to jump together, and you're both wonderful people. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you, but my heart goes out to you. What a lucky person you are for having her in your life, she really was amazing and I know she will be missed. I am so sorry, Yonatan. May time and God heal your pain....I hope to see you soon.

Beth Mott "Miss Alabama"

I really have nothing more to add other than what has been said, I was not there for better or for worse. Sara was one my best friends in the world and the other skydiver I knew well.

Yonathon is also a good friend of mine and this is hard for all of us. I am only here to reinforce what he has said. Do not speculate, do not debate what you do not know, do not turn this thread into a argumentive debate or a circus sideshow. Respect those who are no longer with us.

That is all for now.

I did not know him, and am sorry I can't say anything, but she was one of those people who made Cross Keys the place I have loved to spend my weekends at for the past year. Just a remarkable human being.

I don't have any words, but Yonatan, I am just so very sorry.

It's just wrong. Just completely fucking wrong.

Heartbreaking....
---
"Once you jump. you'll never look up at the sky the same way again."
Peace

Yonatan, I'm at a loss for words dude. I just saw you guys yesterday. I'm sorry for your loss. I've known Sara since I started jumping at X-keys in '00. I remember her when she only had 40 jumps and she was working in manifest. I feel so sick right now. Yonatan, please let me know and let us all know how we can contribute for Sara's funeral or wake services. I'll miss you Sara.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Ron was a Zhills local working in NJ for the summer....great flier and very special friend to me. I just spoke with him Monday (6/27) for his birthday and he told me he was extending his stay in NJ ...I introduced he and Sara at the season opener since I knew what a great flier she was and he was looking for some new friends while there....

I inducted Sara into the Pink Mafia not long ago and will never forget the smile on her face as we played Simon Says after passing Barbie :)
This is a tragic loss but I remember Ron saying to my sister just a few months ago, "this is what we love to do, and we know the risks. I wouldn't trade it for anything".

Deepest sympathy and heartfelt love to everyone touched by them and dealing with the loss.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Jonas, i'm sorry to find u in such a sad incident. i will regretfully add my warm thoughts and wishes to u and the families of the jumpers.

im so so sorry for ur loss, as it is undoubtfully our loss as well...
be strong big guy, ur friends are with u from across the globe

love and light Uri Richter.

Yonatan, it's so sad to read this...

I remember Sarah allways had a huge smile on her face, and that's how we'll remember and miss her...

Be strong man, we'r with you.

My condolences to the families and friends.

Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

Yonatan,
I'll never forget the time I was in California on business and took a drive out to Perris to check things out. It was the first time i had been to a DZ other than X Keys. I was so nervous having only just gotten my A license and not knowing anyone. Then I saw you and Sara. I was so surprised and so happy to see familiar faces. Sara and I spent the day together and made a couple jumps together at Elsinore (where it was a little less windy). That was the first of many great memories I have of Sara. She was an awesome person, had such a wonderful energy. She will be remembered and loved forever.

My heart goes out to you and her family. God bless!

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

A few minutes ago I pulled my local Bridgeton, NJ newspaper from my paper box only to read this terrible two-inch high headline: "Bridgeton Skydiver Dies"

Although where Sara lived is only 10 miles from where I live, I never had the pleasure to meet her.

I've been kicking around jumping for a whole bunch of years and I've seen many more injuries and deaths than I care to recall. But, for some reason, this fatality touched me more than most and I didn't even know the jumpers involved. As I type, my eyes are filled with tears and are dropping onto my keyboard.

My toughts and tears and go out to all who knew and loved these folks...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Can someone please make sure to post asap, when we hear anything about services for Ron and Sara.

My sister just called and reminded me of a funny story about Ron when we visited her a few months ago.......he couldn't keep his hands out of the peanuts and kept moving it away but 2 minutes later he'd be reaching across the table to get to them again :)
One of the jumps we made at the season opener weekend, Ron clunked his head on the skyvan door in the same place as Bush - we laughed about it on exit and then again on the ground.....if you could only see the smile on his face on that exit. Good stuff!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...