TKATC

Condolences Thread: Cross Keys Incident - July 4th, 2005 - Sara & Ron

Yonatan,
I was and am deeply saddened to learn of this tragedy. My condolences go out to you and both families involved, as well as their extended DZ families. I never met Ron, but you and Sara have always been two of my favorite Crosskeys people. I'll never forget her backrubs, or the sly way that she used to always try to recruit me to steal us packers a pizza or two at the end of the day. She will be missed, and it simply will not be the same place without her and her smile. Stay strong my friend.
[:/] Steve

Below is a picture of Sara taken by Liz at her Oscar party over the winter.

This is terrible. The story was in the news this morning here in Puerto Rico. Cross Keys is our "brother drop zone" and I feared it was someone I knew from there .... It was Sara....:(
I met Sara about four years ago when she came to the Island for our second Freefall Festival. She was one of the nicest, coolest girls I met during that boogie. We looked a like, specially when she had really short hair. After the boogie she sent a really nice note to DZ with a picture of me, her "Puerto Rican twin".

I am terribly sorry..... :(

My condolences to both families.

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10

Dear YonatanRan,
I am not a skydiver but a Mom of one. I met Sara several times. I want to say she touched my heart. She was kind enough to make me a cd of her favorite Christian music and include a beautiful card which I will cherish forever. My condolences go out to you, her family and all the others who were blessed to meet her.

For all the family and friends of these two, my deepest sympathy. My heart goes out to you all....

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Sara, the dearest girl. Full of life, style, kindness, so many wonderful qualities for a young woman to have. She was just a year younger than I. I was looking forward to developing a closer friendship with her. Some of you must be grieving deeply. Maybe just thinking about what Sara would say to us all if she could will help ease the pain. We can allow her testimony to shine some light in our hearts for years to come.

Annie and I met her during the Golden Knights demo camp years ago. We have some nice video of her that Danny Koon took for us. She, along with the manifest girls, said a special "Hello" to us Florida girls after we left. Then I spoke with her last summer in DeLand. It was a wonderful conversation that I'm thankful to have had. It solidified to me that she was a deep and thoughtful person.

I'm not sure that we knew Ron. From the photos, he looked like a vibrant, fun loving person.

We're so sorry for the loss of these two people.

Olivia & Annie

I was out there in that area this weekend for the 4th. I watched a few loads Saturday, wishing I had my gear to make a few jumps (left at my home DZ). It's sad, but you always assume their will be the same number of canopies in the sky in the morning. My condolences to the friends and family of Sara and Ron, and all at Cross Keys and Zhills.

(edit: grammar;))

I've seen Sara around the DZ from time to time and had gotten a chance to talk to her just last weekend for the first time. She seemed like a wonderful person that could brighten anyone's day. I'm sorry for your loss to any and all who knew her.

Sarah was a beautiful woman who had a matching spirit - that is what comes to mind. She was earnest and kind...anyone could see that immediately upon meeting her. My best to all of the friends were close with Sarah.

Ron, from what I'm told we lost a skilled freeflyer in you and someone with vibrant personality.

Blue ones forever. -Dave

Sara was one of the nicest sweetest people you'd ever meet. Every time I made it down to CK we'd try to find a minute to chat (and usually did). She always had a huge smile on her face and you couldn't help but smile with her. I'm going to miss seeing her at CK. It just won't be the same.

My deepest sympathies go out to you, Yonothan and Sara's family and all who knew and loved her.

I did not know Ron, but my sympathies go out to all who knew and loved him as well.

I'm so sorry.

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Did this incident occur on Otter load 11? ... I ask because I think I was the next person out of the plane after Ron and Sara's group. Just that morning I got my A license, and that jump was my 28th (lifetime). The tandems, Ron and Sara's group, then me...?

I'm feeling pretty torn up about this mostly because I don't have any medical experience/knowledge to have helped. When I realized what was going on on the field, I had to keep on walking so not to be a gawker at the scene. I feel irresponsible, and want to pursue EMT training now more than ever.

As a birthday gift to my little sister I wanted to give her a tandem jump and have Sara be the videographer. Sara really put the flare of life into each video she made. They're amazing.

My most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Ron and Sara.

-Rob

Ron was up from Z-hills for the summer and had quickly become a welcome regular at x-keys. Of the 100 jumps I've done since coming back from my accident, I would guess that 20-40 of them were with Ron. He was easily one of the most positive and encouraging skydivers I have ever jumped with.

I keep picturing myself going low, struggling to stay with a head down four way, trying to dock on Ron. He looked over at me smiling and laughing, and flashed me the "L" sign with his hand.

Ron had also become a regular in our no-limit hold'em games at night and during the weather holds.

In his last days, Ron was supremely happy with his life. He was thrilled to be training with Yonatan and Sara. He was thrilled to be with us on fun jumps at Crosskeys. He was already starting to attempt to convince any one who would listen, to come down to Z-hills for the winter. He was also begining to talk about finding a way to make Crosskeys his summer home.

Sara is a person who will always be very dear to me. She was a shining light of virtue and morality in a world where many of us live a life of excess. She was so excited about getting her ratings, and felt a special responsibilty as our only female tandem instructor.

Sara and Yonatan have been a part of each others lives for a long time and she gushed with pride whenever she talked of his accomplishments.

My grief is so heavy right now, I am having a lot of trouble feeling anything or thinking clearly. I anxiously await the day that I can think of either of these wonderful people, and not have the smile that their memory brings be followed by the tears.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

Yonatan,

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I am in tears. Sara was one of the most incredible, energetic women I have ever met, and I look up to her. I saw both of you when I came back to Jersey in May, and I was SO happy to see Sara! You and I got the chance to jump together, and you're both wonderful people. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you, but my heart goes out to you. What a lucky person you are for having her in your life, she really was amazing and I know she will be missed. I am so sorry, Yonatan. May time and God heal your pain....I hope to see you soon.

Beth Mott "Miss Alabama"

Ron was up from Z-hills for the summer and had quickly become a welcome regular at x-keys. Of the 100 jumps I've done since coming back from my accident, I would guess that 20-40 of them were with Ron. He was easily one of the most positive and encouraging skydivers I have ever jumped with.

I keep picturing myself going low, struggling to stay with a head down four way, trying to dock on Ron. He looked over at me smiling and laughing, and flashed me the "L" sign with his hand.

Ron had also become a regular in our no-limit hold'em games at night and during the weather holds.

In his last days, Ron was supremely happy with his life. He was thrilled to be training with Yonatan and Sara. He was thrilled to be with us on fun jumps at Crosskeys. He was already starting to attempt to convince any one who would listen, to come down to Z-hills for the winter. He was also begining to talk about finding a way to make Crosskeys his summer home.

Sara is a person who will always be very dear to me. She was a shining light of virtue and morality in a world where many of us live a life of excess. She was so excited about getting her ratings, and felt a special responsibilty as our only female tandem instructor.

Sara and Yonatan have been a part of each others lives for a long time and she gushed with pride whenever she talked of his accomplishments.

My grief is so heavy right now, I am having a lot of trouble feeling anything or thinking clearly. I anxiously await the day that I can think of either of these wonderful people, and not have the smile that their memory brings be followed by the tears.

what a great post dude, my heart is broken. i really have no other words..

I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE SPORT FOR SOME TIME UNTIL ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO. I STARTED BACK UP AT CROSSKEYS. I HAD THE PRIVLAGE OF MEETING SARA. SHE GAVE ME MY FIRST AND ONLY PACK LESSON.SHE WAS VERY PATIENT AND WAS AN AMAZING PERSON TO BE AROUND. I DIDNT GET TO KNOW HER AS WELL AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED. EVERY TIME I WENT UP ON A LOAD WITH HER, SHE WAS SMILING AND MADE EVERYONE FEEL WELCOME. MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY AND HER CROSSKEY FAMILY.
NOMAD

thanks for the info on these guys. As I read it, I remembered Sara giving me a thumbs up couple of weeks ago on a full load on our way up to 13k. I'm still new at this skydiving thing so perhaps I may have looked a bit nervous. Her friendly face and sweet smile helped me get a grip. I will never forget that because it meant alot at that moment. Now, even more so.

Yonatan and friends, I offer my condolences for the loss of these two angels who watch over us now.

blue skies.

Oh NO, not this Sara! NO!

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already. I met Sara at Nationals last year when she was trying to pick up a team to video. She was so outgoing and happy all the time. Such a sweetheart! She was determined to shoot perfect leading exits at nationals even though she didn't have that much 4way video experience or wings. What a beautiful soul. She will surely be missed.

Fly free Sara and Ron

This has been a horrible weekend.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com