TKATC

Condolences Thread: Cross Keys Incident - July 4th, 2005 - Sara & Ron

I don't even know what to say... this is terrible for the Xkeys family...

I didn't know Ron, but I knew Sara. Back when I was starting out she would always come over from the packing mat to give me pointers on how to make packing easier. She was such a kind soul...

My condolences go out to everyone at Xkeys

BSBD:(

My heart goes out to you and all the Xkeys family and loved ones of Sara and Ron.

Fly free.

Mine too....
I only briefly met Ron. I had met Sara a few times. What a sweet girl. I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. My thoughts are with the friends and families of these two skydivers. I am so sorry....

Sara was one of the sweetest nicest people I have met in the sport always with a smile and a kind thing to say to you no matter who you were...

She will be missed by many and remembered as a wonderful person...

Hang in there brother...

Skyjunky Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I first met Sara last winter. Yonatan was taking my best friend through AFF, and she would come up, sit down, smile, and give the two of us endless amounts of shit.

While I did not know Ron, Sara was one of those people who have made Cross Keys my second home over the past year. Right now I have two images of her stuck in my head: One was this thing she does when filming a tandem, in the plane she would take out a handkerchief, rub the lense of camera clean, then peer in with one eye before pulling the camera into her mouth. The second is watching her swoop down, anytime, so clean and smooth and graceful.

Sunday, as my best friend and I were leaving, she tackled both of us trying to get out Twix bars.

I did not know her long, I could hardly count her as a friend, but she was definitely a member of my chosen skydiving family, and that is something sometimes different and sometimes better than friendship. She would always sit down and talk, always had an approach to skydiving and life that I admire, always seemed comfortable in the air and in her skin.

My heart bleeds for you, Yonatan. But I promise you Sara is one of those people impossible to forget, even by those of us who did not know her as you did.

I am so very sorry.

Heart broken....
---
"Once you jump. you'll never look up at the sky the same way again."
Peace

I only met Sara and Ron briefly - Sara last year in Perris and Ron when he was visiting DeLand. Both seemed to be genuinely kind people. Funny how you can remember people's smiles over everything else. What a terrible and tragic loss! I know they will be missed by so many people. My heart goes out to those of you who are hurting right now.

Sara shot video for us last year at Nationals. She touched my heart in the few days I got to know her. Always full of energy and a smile that would melt your heart! I just heard a few minutes ago about this terrible thing.

My heart goes out to her family and friends!!!! The world lost a beautiful and vibrant star this weekend. :(:(:(:(

Here is is a picture of Sara with us last year.
Dom

Sara was my instructor/tandem for my first skydive less than two weeks ago. Though I "knew" her for less than an hour, her vitality, enthusiasm, and openness were evident. I considered her a friend
Sara was one of those truly cool people that there are too few of in this world. I had really hoped our paths would cross again as I learned the sport.

Sara - Thank-you for the jump, I will never forget the experience or you.
SJM

Yonatan,
Words cannot express the shock and sadness that I feel. You have my deepest condolences.

Sara was the personification of all the great things people say about CK and skydiving. Tandems,AFP students, regular jumpers and visitors we all got at least a wave and a smile from Sara. Her willingness and ability to go out of her way to make everyone feel welcome is unmatched.
I cannot picture her face without that contagious smile.

We sat across from eachother in the otter on Sun. where she was telling her very nervous tandem that she was 24 years old ... oh nooo...she corrected herself she was only 23.:(
The last thing she said to me was that she was excited about having bought a new A/C but did not have a chance to install it yet. She wanted to do it that evening or on the next day. I hope she the chance to install it.

This a horrible tragedy.

I did not know Ron, but my condolences to his family and friends as well.

Sergio
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

i just received this PM:

"My condolences on Sunday's tragic deaths. I'm a reporter with The Star-Ledger and I've been assigned to write a story about her and Ron. I understand you and she were very close. Could I trouble you for an interview? I'd be interested in learning what kind of person she was, what inspired her, what her personality was like, what hobbies and interests she had beyond skydiving, etc. My phone number is 973-392-4230 or you can send me a number where I might reach you. My e-mail is [email protected]. I'm writing this story for tomorrow's paper, so please respond as soon as possible. Thanks,
Joe Malinconico "

everyone, please be aware this is going on and choose your wording carefully. what's so lovely about this media request is that i only met sara once. i knew ron from zhills....:(

sorry for the "interruption" of the thread..:(

arlo

My condolences to both Ron and Sara's families, to include their extended families in the skydiving community. I can't say that I knew either Sara or Ron, but I do know that Sara seemed to be such a sweet person, who always had a smile on her face. They will both be deeply missed.

I'll never forget the time I was in California on business and took a drive out to Perris to check things out. It was the first time i had been to a DZ other than X Keys. I was so nervous having only just gotten my A license and not knowing anyone. Then I saw Sara and Yonatan. I was so surprised and so happy to see familiar faces. Sara and I spent the day together and made a couple jumps together at Elsinore (where it was a little less windy).

That was the first of many great memories I have of Sara. She was an amazing person, had such a wonderful energy. She will be remembered and loved forever.

We'll miss you Sara! xoxo

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687