TKATC

Condolences Thread: Cross Keys Incident - July 4th, 2005 - Sara & Ron

Two souls have been lost today due to a collision. I do not know any particulars because I didn't think it was my place to ask many questions. The incident will probably be discussed at length in the coming days. What I do know is the two people involved, and I can say for a fact that these people were good hearted people, fun people that made everyone feel welcomed and they will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to these 2 wonderful people and their families but more so for the closest friends they left behind. My sincerest condolences...

i am brand new to this site and the sport.. but i just wanted to send my condolences to the cross keys family... both of my jumps have been there and they are the most warm and welcoming family i have ever met... my best wishes to everyone involved
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Just heard about the two souls lost at CK. My heart goes out to their family and friends during this difficult time. I jump regularly at CK and saw Sara often in the hangar. Never had the pleasure of meeting her or Ron but rode along many loads to jump altitude with them. They looked like great people.

It is a damn shame.

my sincere condolences go out to the families of both ron and sara.

ron was a local freeflyer at zhills and has jumped there for a few years. what a nice dude, too. :)
i met ron when i sold him my"barely used" spectre 135 several years ago. it was one of the ugliest damn things and i had custom picked the colors.:S but he didn't give a shit what it looked like, it had 5 jumps on it and was exactly what he wanted at the time. must've been 6 yrs ago. anyway, i used to kid him about it being the easter turd. :)
my heart goes out to ron's "related" family and to the crew in zhills too. it's so very sad to lose one - especially one of your own. dirk, kluegs, berrys, martin, chris, mark, everyone...i'm so so sorry. i wish i could be there to give you guys the biggest hug. goddamit. guess i'll be having a beer with you guys next saturday in hills.

godspeed,

arlo:(:(:(

Not being a CK jumper, I dont know who Sara and Ron are, but my heart breaks for their friends and family.
Was Sara on a TLC makeover show a year or so ago? I remember it was a couple of CK jumpers and that name sticks in my memory.

BSBD. Fly free Sara and Ron. You're in good company up there.

Was Sara on a TLC makeover show a year or so ago? I remember it was a couple of CK jumpers and that name sticks in my memory. .

Kitty -

You memory serves correct as far as names go. But, this is a different Sara than the Sarah that was on TLC.

BSBD.

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Sara, you were the best thing that ever happened to X-keys girl. You were always pro-active with keeping safety at the DZ. You came a long way since we met at first 5 years ago. I was proud of you when you became a regular tandem camerawoman and a tandem instructor. My last memory of you was when we were on the same load and you were smiling and blew a kiss at me yesterday. Who would have known that would have been the last time I would have seen you smiling. Yonatan, my heart and condolences go out to you and Sara's family. I hope someone posts where we can contribute for funeral and wake services for both Ron and Sara. Sara, I know God is looking after you now. Rest in peace. We will all miss you.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

So many incidents this year, and I get sad everytime I read one of these threads. I have yet to know anyone personally, but when I read what people post, I know that our sport has lost more great people.
Becareful my friends, my brothers and sisters of the air.
Blue Skies to all that have been lost this year
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

As a swooper it's my responsibility to keep my eyes open to avoid a collision. It's also everyone else's responsibility to avoid high traffic swooping areas. And two swoopers need to communicate with each other on the ground before they get airborne to know what the other guy plans on doing. Let's talk to each other out there folks and lets keep our eyes open and be ready to abort our swoops when required.

BSBD to Ron and Sara. This is a sad day for swooping ... [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've only known Sara a few months, but she touched my heart with her vitality and kindess and made me feel right at home at Cross Keys. I benefited greatly from her knowledge. On Sunday we shared a laugh about a girl's joy on getting your license : now you can adjust your own chest strap! What a precious memory.
To Yonathon and friends, I grieve with you. This is a big community and you may wish to keep the mourning to an intimate circle of friends. If the circle extends farther, please post information on donations or memorial. I would like to give something back for the friendship recieved.
Rebecca

I really dont know what to say. Although I dont know Sarah that well and mourn her loss Z Hills has lost a great guy and I have lost a great friend. Ron was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet. Always had a smile and willing to jump with anyone who had a ticket. He was also a great ice hockey player. Ron will be missed greatly at Z Hills and in the lives of the people he jumped with. This just sucks!

Blue Skies and Loooooooooonnnnng Swoops

Mark

Our sport and our lives have lost one of the kindest, sweetest most wonderful humans its seen. Rons smile and laughter and kindness will always be in my heart and the hearts of those whose lives he's touched at the Hills.
May we all go doing what we love and leave behind poeple who thing nothing but fond memories.
Way to live brother.
Willy Wonka: We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

This is such a shock to me..I met Sara back at XKeys during their season opener. She was such a beautiful woman inside and out. Her love for the sport was so strong, I remember talking with her about being a female tandem instructor and she was so excited about getting her rating..

May you both fly free in eternal blue skies......[:/]

Amanda

As is my way, my prayers will be with all the families. After we lose anyone of us I am reminded of how much we just care for eachother. My heart breaks each time I see a condolence thread. I have never jumped at Crosskeys but many people I know do and to them my thoughts go as well.
"Cloudy Skies look different through skydivers eyes. Is that a hole in the clouds I see?" Let's get driving!

Blue Skies and Sweet Dreams

It's a sad day, 2 skydivers lost.
I didn't know Sarah, I had met her only once briefly.
These 2 guys will sure be missed!

I miss you soo much Ron!
Fly forever my friend. You will always be in my heart.

Ankie
Skydivers are a bunch of insensitive jerks...
And that's why I don't skydive anymore!