bbarnhouse

Dr. Kenny Condolences

i'm having a hard time accepting that i wont see his grin again...

he was smart, good, aware and loved to jump.....and suddenly he's gone.... [:/]

blueskies Dr Kenny...

Condolences from the optical side. Dr Kenny worked with me in my optical shop for a few years and I just had the opportunity to have dinner with him 2 weeks ago at a trade seminar. An associate & I later discussed how happy and vibrant he was during this meeting. I never had the opportunity to meet his family, but our heartfelt feelings go out to them for their great loss.
Jim McClafferty
Image Eyewear

Damn this sucks. After initially not knowing who this was I saw the picture and heard the description of Karen. Then I realized who it was.

Karen,

My heart hurts for you and your family. You always beemed when talking about Kenny. I didn't know him personally but I could see how much he meant to you by the way you talked. I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless you and your family.

Chris Schindler

I am truly saddened to hear of this loss.:(

I met Dr. Kenny when I was working for Tony and Kate at the newly built Square2. His smile and warmth was contagious and instantly made you feel good. He always made a point to stop into the store on Sunday afternoons to “talk story” with the guy stuck behind the gear counter and couldn’t jump (thanks for that Kenny it was always appreciated). Those many nights when a group of us would gather along with him at The Crow Bar in Phoenix to listen to R.C. Lair spin were some very fun and memorable times.

When Ken walked into the hangar after landing with that beaming grin of his you could feel the spirit of the room lift :)
Karen,
We have never met but my heart and prayers go out to you and your family and to all of his extended family.

Dr. Kenny,
Blues skies brother and thank you for touching so many lives and mine the way you did.

aloha.

I agree, nice picture whistler. I hope more people will take the time to post some nice photos of Kenny. You will be missed dearlly Dr. Kenny. I was fortunate enough to know you. I will miss you not only as my optometrist, but also as a fellow skydiver. My prayers are with you and Karen, Kendall, and your unborn child.

I am in Karen's extended family and it's safe to say that she was extremely happy with Kenny.

My heart broke when I heard the news, but I know she'll have a strong support base from Lou, Sandy, and everyone around her.

Karen, please know people in KY are praying and thinking about you in this time.

Kenny and Karen were a huge part of the best time I've ever had at a skydive boogie. We were in San Carlos and they were often the centre of a large group that developed an incredible bond. It's natural to gravitate to fun & attractive people like them and it must be overwhelming but it always seemed like they were enjoying getting to know others as much as others were enjoying getting to know them.

And a year or so later, long after the glow of the boogie bond had faded, I was utterly delighted by the warm and clearly genuine greeting they gave me when we met again in Eloy.

Karen, I was so thrilled to be part of that incredible night when, a year after he fell for you at that same boogie, Kenny proposed marriage! And everybody was in stitches listening to him describe how he had planned the whole night and how desperately he tried to create even a fraction of the romantic setting he envisioned for the moment the two of you were going to cherish forever but you had gotten sick that last day and were not cooperating! He sure had the miracle cure though because you looked positively radiant telling your side of the story later shortly afterward by the pool! And I have the pictures to prove it!

Karen I'm utterly lost trying to express how my heart goes out to you. I'm not sure it's possible for you to imagine the number of lives you've touched and how many incredible memories that the two of you are part of. We are spread all over the globe and our hearts are aching with the knowledge that someone as wonderful as you are has suffered such a loss....I'm so sorry Karen...Please know that so very many of us will be there in spirit as you all gather together to celebrate Kenny's incredibly rich life.

Rhonda

Kenny spent some time in DeLand a few years ago. He was always friendly and he had a smile for everyone. A rarity among skydivers, I never heard him complain; instead he cajoled with humor, and if it failed to work, he accepted "no" gracefully.

He was a really, truly nice guy, and his passing is a terrible loss to everyone.

:(

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

From Karen:

As some of you have already noticed, I made a error in the account number for the fund set up for Kendall & Kayden .... I apologize ... It's been a hard week.

The correct account number, is #004682381635

Thanks again for all your warm wishes and for trying to make donations for the girls. Hopefully this correct number will help...

Much love to all,

Karen

The memorial service was both heart breaking and heart warming. The chapel was filled to capacity - people even stood at the back of the room. The Pastor spoke first giving some Bible verse to help comfort us. Then he read letters that family members had written to say goodbye to Kenny. Both Kenny's brother and brother-in-law also gave eulogys. They managed to bring laughter to the chapel. A few of the pallbearers spoke as did a friend of Kenny's from his high school days. My apologies for not remembering your names. Karen then read her letter to Kenny as well as what Kendall would have written. Words can not express what that was like. At the end of the service a video was presented. We saw photos of Kenny growing up, along with video from his wedding, playing with Kendall and sky diving - all set to the music "Unforgettable". After the service we went to the gavesite where we were given the opportunity to place yellow (Kenny's favourite color) roses and a memento on his casket. I'm sure this post did not do justice to the emotions felt by those present.

Just a bit to add.

Karen is a rock star! Her words were strong and true. Her will and strength to stand before a overpacked room of friends and family was nothing short of amazing.

Eliza (Cloven) Donnelly is putting together a calandar for a support system for Karen, Kendall and the baby on the way (who will join us March 8th!). It will be important in the days ahead that someone always be there when her stregths begin to fail... when the anger comes...

Peter. You can PM me and I'll get you the details. And while you are at it, please give Steffy Stef and your precious baby a hug for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Dear Friends,
I have had requests to post the file that will be printed in Parachutist next month celebrating Dr. Kenny.
Feel free to download it & print it out (this is a full size PDF file, in RGB, rather large, might take a little while to download)

http://www.fordesign.com/public2/Kennyfin.pdf

Also, once again, In lieu of flowers, Kenny's wife Karen has requested that if you feel like making donations to the children's college fund, this would be greatly appreciated.
Bank of America
Kendall Anne Cosgrove
Acc No.004682381635

love & respect.

That's very nice. I love The Prophet. I didn't know Kenny, but my heart breaks for his family and friends. I hope that those who love him will make sure that his daughters know his spirit....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail