sangiro

Condolences for Chris Martin (GroundZero)

I know Chris has been gone a long time now. I meet him at Tn Tech and the GESPC skydiving club. I meet him after I met Boyd Evans while he was visiting UTK. I learned to skydive with them and King Morton. When I got word of the accident I was shocked and sad. He was a great guy.

Blue Skies Chris and thanks for what you taught me.

James

Still missing you brother....along with Beezy and JP (Deuce). From my post in 2004, I still find it to be an appropriate descriptor of Chris.

I was unable to attend but Kristi asked that I write something. This is what I wrote:

I may not have known Chris as well or as long as some of you here, but then again Chris could make you feel like you had known him your whole life in a matter of 5 minutes.

Like every person here today, Chris was not perfect but he had many qualities that we all recognized and came to love. Chris had a positive energy around him that made people want to be around him. Chris loved to socialize with everybody and with his steel blue eyes and his big grin was always easy to spot, although some would claim it was his Hawaiian shirts and flip flops that made him easy to spot.

Chris shared with people, no matter what it was or how long he had known you. He was always willing to talk to you or give you some of his time. We all saw something in Chris that made him special to us. For me, it was his enthusiasm and passion about skydiving, especially when it came to flying his BirdMan suit.

Chris could make people smile, he made me and I’m sure everyone here smile. Think back on those moments, I’m sure there are many of them. Chris lived life, he stood on the edge and really lived life which is why we all loved him so. We all saw qualities in Chris that we liked for one reason or another. All of those good Chris qualities that I could list, and there are many, those are what you and I should try to live up to. Chris is my friend and my bro, I will miss him, but instead of focusing on the sorrow, I will remember all the good times we had together. I am sure that’s how Chris would of wanted it.

Scott Campos

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I jumped at his DZ a bunch of times in the late 90's and he always greeted me with a shit-eating grin. What a character. Always missed... [:/]

Jumping out of his Twin Bos were never boring! :o:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I jumped at his DZ a bunch of times in the late 90's and he always greeted me with a shit-eating grin. What a character. Always missed... [:/]

Jumping out of his Twin Bos were never boring! :o:D

Wow going back thru this thread WAY too many dead friends[:/][:/]

Hard to believe it's been 8 years.

Still miss you, my friend. :(

Blue Skies forever,
Jason

And I'm still pissed off about the stunt that Skyride pulled getting the phone number switched from Chris' DZ to ring at their call center on the sly. >:(>:(>:(

Chris Martin was a great guy. Always welcomed me with a smile at the DZ. Good memories of jumping his old Twin Bo (before it crashed), as well as his boogies with Dave Norcutt's Super King Air T-Tail 200 and the Mr. Douglas DC-3 (which incidentally, is still sitting broken on the tarmac out there)...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban