sangiro

Condolences for Chris Martin (GroundZero)

How about a sunset flock on Saturday? I know Chris would love to fly with you again. But it doesnt have to be a flock, do whatever type of skydive you remember Chris for, and say goodbye to him in the fashion that means the most to you.

Video if you can, and send it to Jason or Cowboy for the memorial dvd.

I'm not going to try to organize an nationwide thing at this point.. too overwhelmed.. but please take it upon yourselves to participate and honor Chris in your own way, and then share it with us.

I never met Chris, and never exchanged much online either with him, but from all I've read, its been my loss.

Next time we cross paths remind me to tell you a funny story involving Chris, then it won't be a loss......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I met Chris this year at WFFC and spent a lot of time hanging round the Precision tent, jumping, talking, laughing and drinking. He was one of the most awesome people i've ever met. His easy smile and slow Tennessee drawl will be missed.

Chris, I miss our email chats already buddy. It was a pleasure lending you my last pair of clean socks.

As soon as i'm out of my cast and done with my tears i'll be sure to bust a birdie in your honour.

BSBD
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Absoultely, thanks Tim. The funds sent for Haley will be invested for her college fund, and very much appreciated.
Please dont forget Kristi though. Shes going through a very rough transition and any help you can give her to relieve a little financial stress would be wonderful. She would not want anyone to feel obligated, but please help out if you can.
ps- she likes *red* wine.. ;)

Also, if you are coming to the memorial on Saturday.. bring your rig. I'm not stating any full blown plans to make any jumps but we will be on a drop zone after all.. and Chris would love it if we took his plane and jumped our asses off.
This plan will be played by ear though. Just be prepared.

Everyone please sit out a couple loads this weekend and instead send the money here... Its for a good cause.

In lieu of flowers please sent donations to the
Haley Martin Memorial fund or to Kristi Martin
611 Cedar Lane
Tullahoma, Tn 37388

So sorry we won't have an 'identity crisis' anymore in the Pub. :(

Take care of yourself up there, sir. Take a peek down here from time to time? I never did get to give ya a hug to make sure you knew I was kidding when I was cursing you out on IM's...;) Then again, you knew that. That was half the fun anyhoo...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

This is so very sad.
Chris was an artist in the air with a wingsuit, and was always willing to share his vast knowledge.

Blue Skies, Chris. You will be missed.

Kevin

threads like this, obviously, tare me apart. There is nothing to say to make this any better. My heart brakes for his wife and daughter. I can't figure out why people have to be put through this pain. God bless you Chris and my deepest , most heart felt prayers go to your wife and daughter.

Katie

I can't figure out why people have to be put through this pain.

I don't know if it helps, but to me all life balances. The pain as strong as it feels in the begining, is tempered by the joy we experience with them in life.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Dammitt..........I'm always the first one to say "Remember the good times.......don't think about the loss. Celebrate life." However........I have been looking at this thread since I got home on Monday and every time I well up with tears. I guess it's because he is the first skydiver I have known CLOSELY that passed. Also it's because he was one of the nicest people I have ever met in skydiving. Always had a smile and some great advice......even when it was WFFC alcohol induced. What a great guy........I'll miss him terribly. Take care of Jay and Paul and I'll see you guys when I get there! Save me a seat at the bar and have me a cold Rolling Rock waiting!