Bolas

Kuskeisms - Craig Kuske Memories

Kuske was yelling "HEY YOOU GUUUUUUUYS!" at the top of his lungs when we would see other night owls.

was he the guy that was with you the morning i found you and monkeylip and told you about the guy that was looking for your dad and then we proceded to drive oround in "your" golf cart and ran into phillykev?

Exactly, Dave! That's the night/day.

Kuske was one of those guys who always made everyone welcome at CK - I am not totally aware of all the details, but in time I am sure the full details will come to light...

Thought I would show a nice photo of him doing the CRW thing - interesting shot!

Peace to you my friend...

"Start doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible!"

Exactly, Dave! That's the night/day

damn, i finally find out what hs nameis and find out he's gone too.... thatnight will remain withme forever.... it was an epic adventure at 5am....

I have only been at Cross Keys for 4 months, but I have so many memories of Kuske in that short time. Just a few things that stick out in my mind...

"Look at all these beautiful people. I am surrounded by beautiful people everywhere"
He would go around squeezing everyone's cheeks that was around at the time and repeat this to us all! Craig was a beautiful person in his own way!

"Hey pot, this is kettle, you're black!"

"Thats right, that's what I said, I heard myself say it"

of course "Hey Youuuuuu Guuuuuyyyysss!"

I remember on my birthday, he kept running around the drop zone looking for me to come party at the top house. I was actually hiding on Monkey Claw's deck with Shawn, listening to him run around yellin' jibberish! (That was right before the cops came around wondering where all the people were, with so many cars in the parking lot. HA, try to find us!)

All in all, Kuske was well loved and will be deeply missed. There is a peice of Cross Keys that is permanantly gone for me. I just hopes this tragedy makes everyone more careful about their decisions in everything that they do!

Mark Kruse came up with a fundraising idea to cover medical expenses resulting from someone' landing that didn't go quite as planned. The basic idea was that we all pitched in ten or twenty dollars, which went into a pot. Craig was to put half of a freshly cut habenero pepper in his mouth. If he could somehow keep it in his mouth for (I think it was) two minutes, he got to keep half the pot and the rest went to medical expenses. If he lasted less than two minutes, all the money went to medical expenses.

I was made the timekeeper since I was wearing my NASA chronograph, so Mark put the pepper in Craig's mouth and called time.

Craig immediately chewed it up and swallowed it, thus earning his half of the pot the hard way.

As Craig sat in front of the hangar with tears streaming down his face, I went into the restaurant to get something to deal with the damage he had inflicted on himself. I got him a chocolate muffin, and the guy in the restaurant wouldn't let me pay for it. He considered it first aid.

As Craig ate the muffin, someone asked him if he would do it again. He though for a moment, grinned and said "yeah!"

I must admit, it wasn't boring when he was around.

BSBD

damn, i miss that guy. I have only been at xkeys for about a year, and I have soooo many good memories of him. He was such a beautiful person and he saw so many good things in others. He helped me learn alot about jumping, not to mention how to get beer at ANY time, day or night, on the DZ.
The first time i met him a group of us went bowling. Lots of beer was involved and he ended up taking a swan dive down the bowling lane and busting his chin up in the process. We all ran out of the place and went to the Alpine for some Kerioki and more beer. I also met "Clifford" that night as well. Talk about first impressions...I will never forget either of them

"uhhhhh. I like it liket that..."