1 1
Raefordite

Paul Rafferty - post vibes here

I spoke with Kim this afternoon. To all who have called Bill...HUGE THANKS. He's spending max amount of time in the hospital and can't use his cell phone. Please be patient, he will call you back and appreciates all the thoughts, vibes, and offers.

Tim T.
Team Paraclete

Chuck is on his way up as is Stephan Lipp from Arizona. Kim is doing an excellent job keeping us updated on Paul's condition. I know Bill, our very own "Chatty Kathy," is keeping Paul in good company as well.

Kim also has an address for Paul's mother up in PA to send donations directly to her. I think I might take advantage of Kate's credit card offer. Those hotel costs will add up quickly.[:/]

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I think I might take advantage of Kate's credit card offer. Those hotel costs will add up quickly.

Here it is again if anyone missed it on the other thread:

If anyone wants to use Visa or Mastercard to make a donation to the Rafferty's, please IM me and we will process it through Raeford Parachute Center to get to the family as quickly as possible.

For those who still don’t know who Paul is, take a peek in the May Parachutist.

Besides what has been said here (Golden Knight, World Champion, Instructor, Father, Friend, Great person overall) his name just happens to be listed in a few places for this month’s member achievements…

Quadra Ruby Wings (14,000 jumps) #10 Paul Rafferty
Penta Ruby Wings (15,000 jumps) #7 Paul Rafferty
Octa Ruby Freefall Badge (216 hours) #7 Paul Rafferty
Nona Ruby Freefall Badge (228 hours) #4 Paul Rafferty
Emerald Freefall Badge (240 hours) #4 Paul Rafferty

Wow! B|

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!

My heart sank when I heard the news. I first met Paul when he and some other Knights were on a world record dive that Roger Nelson and I were organizing down in Lake Wales. What a wonderful guy! After we were finished with the record attempts he presented me with a great photo of the knights with a heart felt note on what a great time they all had. We remained friends every since. His enthusiasm and smiles are infectious.
Hang in there brother.

I have never met the man but by the sounds of it, he is an upstanding individual with the strength and courage to get through this. My prayers go out to Paul and his family and friends.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

A Golden Knight, World Champion Skydiver, Coach, and all around cool guy. Last time I saw Paul we were hanging out in the viewing area at Aviators Pub on Raeford DZ watching the last load of the day land. I had bought him a RedBull and GrayGoose and asked him about his plans after retirement that was coming up. Paul you never said anything about jumping over cars buddy. :(
Life has a funny way of throwing a curve ball at you when you are not looking. Paul can flash that grin he is so well known for and make you feel like he was a long lost friend. Paul be strong friend, my thoughts are with you, Bill and all your loved ones.

Brian K.
"What do you mean you don't do RW?"

Bill and Nicole are w/ Paul, but if you want you can send them an email for when they get back.

But P L E A S E remember to put "Paul Rafferty" in the subject line!!! If it isn't, Bill said he would spam it... gotta be real careful because of all the viruses and crap that is lurking out there.

Bill Rafferty: [email protected]
Nicole Rafferty: [email protected]

Kim

Arguably, this thread seems to be for vibes and the other for information. With some discipline it will remain that way and may be more efficient.

Good call. Maybe a moderator could change the thread title to "Paul Rafferty - vibe thread".

Many vibes to Paul and his family.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

Funny how we all remember P Raff hanging out at Raeford. That's is where I met him while hanging out. What a great guy to be around. I simply love Bill and Nicole without a doubt so Paul is blessed to have them there with him. All my love and good vibes are being sent your way gang. Hang in there cutie.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I only met Paul once...the weekend of August 24/25, 1991 in Pitt Meadows, BC and was fortunate enough to do a skydive with him and the other Golden Knights. I remember him as a nice, friendly, funny guy and I am hoping for the best for him.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Raff taught me to skydive almost 2 years ago and gave me many coach jumps afterwards. I also stole his golf cart one time and jumped hills with it... but he was cool about it.

Paul, you're among the greatest, get well soon. Good vibes for Bill, Alexa, and the rest of the family.

Matt

I had the honor of throwing Paul and Bill out many a time at Reaford. One evening Paul got together with some Navy SEALS and decided to do some target shooting - out of the 182 at 1000' with rounds, their calls, their spots. The SEALS landed in the trees (at least one of them did) Paul landed in the center of the target in a standup - with a round!
Blue Skies to Paul and Bill and Nicole. We're all pulling for you!
Hartwood Paracenter - The closest DZ to DC!

Although I dont know Paul all I have been able to think about for the last 2 days is Paul.
I have asked all in my circle and all in their circles to reach out and spread the love for Paul and his loved ones. I know the power of freinds and loved ones will help sustain Paul's loved ones. As I know we all feel helpless remember the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The power is here to make this BETTER what ever that means for Paul and his loved ones. This road hasent been cut yet and there will be much more need in the future so lets be ready to assist then as well as now.

Paul you and your Loved ones are in our hearts
The Whitley Clan.

This is a bit over the top but I think it fits Raff!

"In the course of human events, pinnacle junctures of spacetime produce
and bestow the epiphany. The beings whom are chosen, extrapolate this
epiphany, thus bringing into fruition the superlative, or the object of
ultimacy. There is a coven of warriors who encapsulate the next epoch of
this concept...they stand fearless and dutiful at an elite crossroads of
the omniverse. "

Stay strong brother!

I only met Paul once in Raeford in 1998. He's a great guy, and I'm sure all the good vibes being sent by myself and others are received in full force.

However, this post is about you. The skydivers in this community have really impressed me. There are so many people heading to see Paul; people who are carpooling to NJ and many people giving up time and money to help out a friend in need.

The fact that this is happening with such dedication is a true testament to the quality of people in the skydiving community as a whole and I would just like to say how proud and honored I am to be a member of such a wonderful and caring society.