1 1
Raefordite

Paul Rafferty - post vibes here

I don't know Paul, but I wish him the best and sending prayers and vibes to him and all his family and friends. This saddens me that this tragic event even happened. No one should have to experience the pain and suffering that is happening here. Many hugs to everyone whose heart this man has touched.

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I sent this to Katie, and she urged me just to post it here...so....

I'm still a bit shy about posting on the forum...I lurk due to my newbieness...please pass on to Paul that I am thinking of him non-stop, and my prayers are totally with him. He's a wonderful man and his confidence and enthusiasm that he shared during my 2nd tandem are still ringing in my heart. I've only known him a couple of weeks, but we somehow bonded really quickly.

I just wanted to send positive thoughts from Kansas City. Myself, Marty, George and all the Badger/GA boys are truly saddened by this event and are only wishing for the best in the future. This is a hard time and we want you to know that we are willing to do anything to help. I will be coming out in a couple of days to visit, but until then know that you are constantly thought of and that we believe in your strength and will. You're a great man, Paul.... be strong and know that so many of your friends will help to hold you at this time.

Posted on behalf of Aaron Comp:

Just one good note of many that I and many more have on this man and his brother.

I met Paul the first day I came to Raeford, my first year at Ft. Bragg. I ran into him at the end of the same day I met his brother Bill. The first thing I thought when I met Bill was “Dude, I don’t think I want to piss this guy off”. Just about the same thing came to mind once I met Paul. They both carried themselves with that gentle giant feel about them. After the first minute of talking with Bill I knew that he would have my back and be my friend for the rest of my life.

I had heard of Paul from the time I started jumping. When I first heard about the Army Parachute Team I found out more about Paul and knew early on that I wanted to meet and learn from him. When I first saw him I recognized the same cool sharp power that came from his eyes as did with his brother. After we talked I knew that his mind, focus, friendship to others and need to teach and learn would be a challenge for any to fallow. He has so much energy it scars me. He loves competition. He loves our sport, life and making it challenging. He loves his family, his daughter. He is simply a bad ass father. Many kids, and adults, would say “He rules”.

He is the ultimate teach. He taught me. Not just about the sport but life and about myself. He gave me the chance to taste a dream I once had. I can thank him for that but it will never be enough. He teaches me even now. The strong mans way is the only way. Paul is a very, very strong person. You can see that as he lives and trains in his life.

He can communicate like no other. I remember trying to tell a packer way you should not lay the main risers too tight along the reserve. I tried explaining way but only ended up confusing myself and the packer. On the ride to altitude I was filming a tandem of Paul’s. The lady was asking questions about gear and the sport and the topic came to my rig, risers and how they lay under the covers. I was shocked at how easily Paul panted to picture of function before form to this first time tandem student. She was just on mars and in one minute was as comfortable as shopping at Bloomingdales. She could have landed right then and helped out that packer better then I could have.

Paul sets the bar high. He showed me a goal to always better ones self while still learning to love life and have fun. To this day I would fallow Paul and/or Bill anywhere. Into war, off a cliff, you name it. I would take a bullet for either one of them.

God hold you and keep you both. “May he wrap his arms around you, feel your hearts beat, and with sharing this power with the world, bless you for it”.

AC

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I am not an optimist, because I am not sure that everything ends well. Nor am I a pessimist, because I am not sure that everything ends badly. I just carry hope in my heart. Hope is the feeling that everything happens for a reason. You either have it or you don't, regardless of the state of the world that surrounds us.

Raff, you and your family are in my prayers!!

my heart has been crying all week. i had the chance to get to know raff over the summer, and he is an amazing person. he loves life. i remember him talking about alexa all the time. he is strong, and if anyone can get through this it would be him. paul, i am thinking of you and your family and sending all my love your way.

sky, fallatio #8, infructose #3, bumpy brother

However, this post is about you. The skydivers in this community have really impressed me. There are so many people heading to see Paul; people who are carpooling to NJ and many people giving up time and money to help out a friend in need.

The fact that this is happening with such dedication is a true testament to the quality of people in the skydiving community as a whole and I would just like to say how proud and honored I am to be a member of such a wonderful and caring society.

I believe that the above quote is only half right, true I think is amazing how the skydiving community is pulling together for Raff! But I believe that Paul deserves most of the credit. I have never read so many personal stories about one person. I think that it is amazing how much one person could have touched so many lives. So I think it isnt skydiving community that is the amazing thing here. It is because of skydivers like Paul that truly make the skydiving community what it is.

Stay strong Raff!!!!

TOLD YOU I WAS NEW TO THIS...........GUESS I POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE. CHEERS MY FRIEND!

Even though I have been registered here for sometime..........Thanks to Katie & Chuck & one drunk Holiday..............Today is the first time I have posted - So, I apologize if I screw anything up......Hmmm.....sounds like me before I go up to do RW as well!

Slim here & let me first say "THANKS to LARRY, RPC, KIM, CHUCK, & CROSS KEYS" - LARRY - for calling me early in the morning to fill me in before I heard it somewhere else - RPC & CROSS KEYS for making donations a manageable process & KIM & CHUCK for keeping us in the loop.

I am a man of few words unless I am liquored up....& I am about 1/2 way....so we'll see what side I fall on.

First Off - Pray - Thoughts - Pray - If you believe there is someone higher up than us when we jump - PRAY! If not - thats kewl - Just keep the Rafferty family in your THOUGHTS!

I hear Paul is being kept up to date with our post - So hear goes - HANG IN THERE BRO! We are here for you - Take your time. You my friend are one of the reasons I jump. I first visited Raeford for a Beer (ok........ok........several) - But, I remember watching these crazy dudes swoop in over the trees - My Thoughts........"I gots to try that"! Imagine my thrill that evening (ok.....ok.......a couple more beers later) when those dudes came out to the fence to watch some of the other jumpers. GOLDEN KNIGHTS BS'ing with this dumb Wisconsin Air Force Hick. If you don't remember - I was the hick! It was that evening - I decided to fulfill a dream. THANKS!

Fast Forward - Training through the 82nd activity - And now I is one! Imagine my thrill the day Neil recommended I hook up with "Raff" for some coach jumps! I couldnt believe that was even an option! Well.............imagine my horror that SAT morning when some Scary Bald-Headed-Tattooed SOB pulled up in this P-O-S White Truck & was looking for the "kid" who wanted coaching from "RAFF". Thats the morning I learned to "Pop Smoke"!

Well - the rest you know - Me & the Money-Pit became a fixture at the DZ - And you never bitched when I pulled up & parked next to your rig! THANKS "RAFF"! Hang in there - Take your time - And know you have friends to help whenever you need it! I owe you one!

Bill - Logan says to tell you HI & he is keeping you & your family in his thoughts & prayers as well. He wanted me to tell you that they are selling that SLINGLING - SLINGBLADE - YENGLING Beer in INDY now - Hey, cut him some slack...........He's only 16 - He doesnt get out much!!

OK - OK - OK - I was over 1/2 way - I am done.

Chuckie......................A BIG "AWWWWWWWWW" at ya - Katie has my numbers - Call when you can!

CHEERS MY FRIENDS - HANG IN THERE PAUL

"THE REAL SLIM SHAIDE"

Hi,

Im, Kyle Thomas son of Derek from Sunpath. I met Raff a few years ago now up at raeford and I was hooked by his outstanding personality.

I was introduced to the knights by him and will never forget my first shooting experience with him.

Unfortunatly I never got to jump with him but I have jumped with bill. Another great character. Last time I saw Paul as usual we where tearing it up at my dads havin a quality party!

I learnt some good lessons from Paul and my heart is with him and his family. I especially hope that Alexa is coping.

"Get well son bro I know if anyone can its you. Ill be seein you soon",

Best wishes

Kyle
Blue Skies.

I've never met Paul, but I can't help but be impressed with the outpouring of respect, liking, and love. All I can send is vibes and prayers to him, his family, and his friends.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As I jump on to DropZone.com to check on Raff, I am uplifted by the support for a skydiving buddy. What is even more uplifting is the news that Paul is staying strong and fighting the way he is. If you think about it this strength is not something that should shock those of us who know the Rafferty Brothers. (Paul and Bill)
Over the years both have had such a positive impact on beginner skydivers and thought some of us that have been her awhile some things as well. Since Sunday you can see it in the face of almost every skydiver around Raeford, Paul is on a lot of peoples minds.
Stay strong Paul, Prayers, Thoughs, Well wishes, and good vibes to you buddy.

Side Note: Bill… When things happened with my Mom, you pulled me into a corner at Aviators and said some things that helped. Try to remember what you said to me now. Lots of love to you Brother. I am here if you need me.

Brian K.
"What do you mean you don't do RW?"

Paul if they are reading this to you. We are all with you. We know you can make it.You are in good hands. I've never met you. But someday i will.
I do know that the people taking care of you must be some of the coolest people on the planet.Because they are friends of a great guy. They speak very highly of you. Your name hit Parachutist in the Rising Fallers section.Nona Ruby Freefall Badge for 228 hrs of freefall. and Emerald Freefall Badge for 240 hours of freefall. Only the 4th person to go that far in the sport. That tells me you will make it. You have accomplished many great things. Yes we all want to meet you. Many thoughts prayers and vibes going your way.

Bill, Julie, Chuck, You guys hang in there amd give Paul my best wishes when he wakes up. He couldn't ask for a better brother than you Bill or better friends than Julie and Chuck. Eventhough Alexa was probably too young to remember me, I remember her! You hang in there the best you can little one and don't be afraid to lean on Bill and Julie. Blue Skies and best wishes ..ER

TO ALL,
Please read carefully. I just got off the phone (29 Apr 04, 1 pm EST) with Kim Turner (who had just spoken with Nicole) and Paul is still alive and fighting for his life.

As his friends, let's please be respectful of his family and not spread any rumors.

All the love and vibes still need to be heading to him.

Tim T.
Team Paraclete

I've had several folks donate money to Paul & family through Raeford Parachute Center. Thank you.

FYI - I plan to send money to the family on Monday. So if anyone wants to process a donation via Visa or Mastercard, please get me your information by Sunday afternoon.
Kate