SkymonkeyONE

Blue Skies, Black Death (Roger Nelson)

I am sad to inform you all that Roger Nelson, DZO of Skydive Chicago is dead. He was hit by another skydiver landing today and is now dead. My sincerest condolences so all his family, especially my friend and fellow pro swoop competitor, Rook.

"It's better to burn out than fade away!"

Chuck Blue
D-12501
Raeford Parachute Center

Missy, Rook:

lyrics from an old favorite band of mine; Business and Industry:

"If you were down and out, I would lend you my, helping hand, it might prove, too much for one. I'd gladly ease your pain. I'd take you, out from under, take you somewhere you could, rest your precious soul, I'd make you wonder........

Peace be with you my swoopy brother and sister.

Chuckie

When i received the phone call today, i just kept saying "no, not roger." I can't beleive he's gone from us. He is "home" now with his brother Carl. I'm lucky that i jumped with roger many times. He will continue to be an inspiration to me. He has done so much for the sport and i'll miss him a lot. Missy, Rook, mom, and pop are definately in my prayers.

Blue skies my friend, fly free!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Vibes and condolences to all of his family, friends and especially his children. I hope I make it to Chicago some day to be able to pay tribute to him. I hear he built an amazing place.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh Dear God, Chuck I cant belive these words I am reading.

Roger, Rook and I were at the dz here one day and I wanted a picture. Just before they snapped it - Roger picked me up and held me in his arms. I had it framed long ago. We were both laughing.

I just can not belive this...

... I just can not imagine....
.. To my friend Rook and Missy ... my deepest sympathy.

~AirAnn~

• Like 1

This really sucks. Roger was an awesome man. I had the pleasure of knowing him since I started jumping. I worked for him for a season and grew to admire and respect him more than anyone else I know. I will miss him greatly and continue to honor him by living my life by some of the lessons he taught me. :(

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal