AggieDave

FreeFlyHol

It's understandable that those of us so far away can't make her memorial today. She understands and she's looking down happy that we all love her, but you know she's sad to see us all in pain.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I should say that I do'nt even know where to begin. My posts have been few and far between, and I am sorry...
Hol spoke with me in a time when I thought things were hopeless... she had such a life about her, and she made me see the good in every situation...
I never met her in person, however I now feel as though a friend is gone...

Shall we take each day for granted, or see the good in what we have before us? Let us live each day to the fullest, realize our blessings, be thankful that we have breath in our lungs, and truly appreciate what is placed before us...
Until we have wings and can fly free...let us live life, let us be!!!!!!!

Hol... fly free, beautiful angel...eternal blues...
To all those suffering from this loss, my condolences...
I hope you all enjoy the poem below...

REMEMBER ME WHEN I AM GONE AWAY

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
Christina Rossetti

The key to walking on water... Is knowing where the rocks are

I myself have never met FreeFlyHol, but by the comments made by everyone here puts a lump in my throat bigger then I ever thought possible. I can tell she is missed greatly. I only wished I could have met her.

Blue Skies - Black Death :(

Sam

I found out the news on one of the very last days of my vacation. Even though i didn't really know Holly, the news really shook me up. After, reading through some posts and looking at pictures, i sat on the beach for awhile. I walked up to the water and wrote a few words about Holly along with the date and that she would be forever missed. I wrote this in the wet sand with a piece of drift wood....it was weird, the tide was coming in, but as i sat there for awhile and watched, the water never did touch the words....so in my time there, the words never did get washed away.

I can't wait until i get to meet Holly someday, but until then, I will just be thinking of her as an angel over my shoulder...

*daizey*

Holly Bear, you have friends on both sides. Slager will take care of you till we all get there.
From the Rats, you will be missed.

Bryan

I feel quite sure Brad and #5 are planning a sweet dive with her as we speak!
Blue skies Holly!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

My Team Mate Bradstyle Just piped in on the incident forum along with Pat & Bev Weir, Holly's folks.

Brad has been my buddy and team mate for many many years. We don't train together any more but he's one of the best friends a person could ever have. I met Holly before at one of the Bryon Boogies. The next time was with Brad. It pained me to call Brad. Speaking coherently while asking him to return my call was very difficult. Others had called as well so he knew.... We spoke a bit later and he was already on his way to the airport.

Because of this common bond, I met Holly. In person I didn't know her well but we I'med and chatted so we got to know each other better that way. She was this incredible, funny, brilliant, sweet girl that gave the best hugs. I'll miss chatting with her and PMing some of the silliest things back and forth....*sigh*

I really don't know what else to say here. I've read such good things. Funny, sad, the whole gamat of emotion.
Take care every one.
Stay safe ot there.
Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Holly's Memorial was very inspiring. many of the comments made there were exactly like those that were made here. she was lovely.

we had the privledge of enjoying a reading from her diary/journal; what she wrote about life and enjoying every minute was very beautiful.

I wish you all could have heard it
My photos

My Videos

I said goodbye to Holly yesterday in my own little way. I'll always have a piece of her with me. Saying goodbye was hard, but she's up there teaching all those angels to party like rockstars. When i see her again, she'll greet me with a great big hug and a Holly smile.

Fly free girl!! Love you lots!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I thought this will give a little help in dealing with this great loss,These paragraphs are from a book Holly lent me. "No death,nofear by Thich Ngat Hanh" The same things happen when we lose an of our beloved ones. When conditions are not right to support life,they withdraw.When I lost my Mother I suffered a lot.When we are only seven or eight years old it is difficult to think that one day we will lose our mother.Eventually we grow up and we all lose our mothers,but if you know how to pratice,when the time comes for the separation you will not suffer too much.You will quickly realiza that your mother is always alive within you. The day my mother died,I wrote in my jouinal,"A serious misfotyune of my life has arrived."I suffered for more than aone year after the passing of my mother.But one night,in the highlands of Vietnam,I was sleeping in the hut in my hermitage.I dreamed of my mother .I saw myself sitting with her,and we were having a wonderful talk.She looked young and beautiful,her hair flowing down.It was so pleasant to sit there and talk to her as if she had never died.When I woke up it was about two in the morning ,and felt very strongly that i have never lost my mother.The impression that my mother was still with me was very clear.I understood than that idea of having lost my mother was just an idea.It was obvious in that moment that my mother is always alive in me.I opened the door and went outside .The entire hillside was bathed in the moonlight .It was a hill covered with tea plants,and my hut was set behindthe temple halfway up.Walking slowly in the moonlight through the rows of tea plant,I notices my mother was still with me.She was the moonlight caressing me as she had done so often,very tender very sweet...wonderful! Each time my feet touched the earth i knew my mother was there with me.I knew this body was not mine alone but a living continuation of my mother and father and my grandparants and great-grandparants.Of all my ancestors.These feet i saw as "my" feet werw actually"our" feet.Together my mother and I were leaving footprints in the damp soil.From that moment on,the idea that iI had lost my mother no longer existed.All i had to do was look at hte palm of mt hand ,feel the breeze on my face or the earth under my feet to remember that my mother is always with me,available at any time! When you lose a loved one,you suffer.But if you know how to look deeply,you have a chance to realize that his or her nature is truly the nature of no birth,no death.There is manifestationand ther is the cessation of manifestation in order to have another manifestation.You have to be very keen and very alert in order to recoanize the new manifestation of just one person.But with pratie and with effort you can do it.So taking the ahnd of someone who knows the pratice,together do walking meditation.Pay attention to all the leaves,the flowers,the birds anf the dewdrops.If you can stop and look deeply ,you will be able to recognize your beloved one manifesting again and again in many forms.You will againembrace the joy of life. I hope this has helped who ever that has read it,Cause it help me LOVE YOU HOLLY!

right on. me either. anyone want to call and talk on the phone for 3 hours about nothing? I've got a void I need to fill.
Started moving through my day, then ran across a piece of paper I jotted her name down on on Friday, and time just froze.
I knew she had a profound effect on me while I was getting to know her. But man, what to do now? keep jumpin, yup, keep surfin, yup, keep pluggin away at the SSP, yup. but there is nothing I can do to replace that friendship that she had for everyone she met, and that I came to know as a daily part of my life. It's a lot quieter in my life now, and I'm missing the laughter dearly.
Love you guys. be good to each other

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

A while back, Holly shared a recipe for Cilantro Pesto with me, she was sharing hers at the DZ, with whomever wanted some pesto. Today, I bought my Cilantro plant and planted it, thinking of her. I will make my Cilantro Pesto in her honor.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

This is the first time I have tried this...but I just wanted to add my message to the others. I have never met anyone so full of positve energy as Holly...the few times I saw her irritated at something...she was still smiling and laughing at herself and the situation. She was a shining light and I can't believe that she is gone. A spirit like hers must be around somewhere...so I will feel her in the wind and the sun and see her in the stars at night. I will never forget her and I will always miss her. Blueskies...and I know your landing in the great beyond was a soft one. Love, Jill Potter "In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

A note from Holly's family.

Friends,

Happy Spring, and our fondest wishes to you on this day!

Today marks four years since Holly left us. We would ask that if you could
make the time, to please email back (to this address) any
pictures/videos/memories of Holly that you would like to share with
everybody on her memorial website (www.hollykish.com). Our family intends to
put up some more pictures, etc., but it would be an incomplete memorial
without contributions from her dearly loved friends.

To those of you who were saddened to see the Memories & Condolences board on
the dropzone.com site get overrun by spam, the original postings have been
saved on Holly's new site. (In fact, the dropzone site now permalinks to our
family site for Holly!) The original posts need some editing, but is
available for additional postings if you would like to do so!

Thanks and love,
Holly's Family

Gone but not forgotten:)