AggieDave

FreeFlyHol

Holly is one of the most beautiful, happiest people I have ever met. She was always grinning, always laughing, and always giving hugs. She truly loved life, and it showed. :)
We never got to do that jump together, Holly. How about next weekend? I'll meet you at 13 thousand feet, okay?

"Such a lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you."

I miss you, babe.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

This week hasn't been good, one at Hinton, one at Weston, and now Hol :(.

I had a dream last night about something bad happening to a jumper - I know it had already happened, but it still shocked me more than normal when I read this.

Blue skies!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

I just heard about this from a friend of mine who is out there this weekend for the boogie...I hadn't even logged on all weekend.

I didn't know Holly that well, but I remember the first time we met...she came up to me in the coffee shop at Eloy during the christmas boogie and introduced herself, and gave me a hug.

From then on she always said hi whenever I saw her, though she was a free-flyer and I was usually training with my 4-way team, she never let that stop her.

Bye, Holly. :( You will be missed. But I know you'll be watching us from someplace better, where you get all the freefall time you need. :)
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for a while, leave footprints in our hearts, and we are never, ever the same."

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Hey y'all,

Sangiro posted earlier in this thread, reference the special place within Dropzone.com he has created for posting memories and photos of Holly. I have quoted it below just so we can continue to honor her in the highest possible regard.

Holly was a good friend and we're all extremely sad about this. She will be missed and my thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

I know a lot of people here knew her and she was cherished in our community. I've created a area where you can post your condolences, thoughts and memories. I've also set up a directory in the galleries where you can upload any photos you have of her. Select "Remember Holly" in the category dropdown and remember to post some context on your photos in the caption area.

The photos will be posted under Dropzone Members/Remember/Holly

You can access all of this from the Pub as well.

Arrive Safely

John

.......tear...

No lift lines for CASA rides.

BSBD, Fly Free, Holly.

I've only been in the sport for 9 months and people have told me that sooner or later I will know someone who's seriously hurt themselves or died. And I regret to mention that Holly is this one for me.

Welcome to the Society of Vampires my friend. I never really understood what that meant until I lost a close friend to this sport. Death happens. We accept that it can, and may, happen to any of us, at any time. Holly understood this. She also understood that we would grieve, and allow her to continue jumping, every day, in our hearts. Never Forget. . . .
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Well I didn't have time to post much while in raeford.. but the trip back I was thinking about hol a good bit. Lou and I talked about winning the lottery after passing a "lotto" sign, I remember talking to hol about winning the lottery she said she would buy her own purple skyvan and pay to fly all her friends in to jump on it.. i saw a truck that said "St Germain Trucking" and thought about how she told me about the artist "st germain" who she had been listening to at the DZ. We talked a lot on the phone, she was always cheery.. I was the first to tell her she made it in parachutist and she was so happy.. *sigh* i never did get to meet her, and didn't have any near future plans but was always trying to talk her out to the east coast. She was so excited about moving to CA always talking about learning to surf (in the water). She was someone close to me and I will definately miss her. I'll have to go back and re-read some PMs she sent me.. *sigh* I don't know why i'm telling you guys all of this, I guess I just wanted to convey what everyone already knows -- Hol was one rockin chick, I know of no enemies she has...

Again, Hol - I know you're up there surfing DZ.com.. keep in touch girl you can ride my back on any dive.

BTW - anyone know about memorial funds, funeral arrangements, etc?

Well, shit.

Holly is the first aquaintance of mine to die in this sport we all love so much.

I imagine she just read this over my shoulder and shouted:

"BEER!"

I'll go read about it now in incidents. But the why and how don't matter with regard to condolences, just the objective reality that the world is a less bright and sparkly place now.

[:/]

I spent Saturday meditating, on a silent retreat with some friends. i had the image of a tragedy in the morning but let it pass as an alternate possability. i was crushed to read about this here. Hol's passing has shaken me more than i know.
i was planning on spending today jumping, but have been in a state of limbo between weeping and sadness. i hiked the hill behind my house where i spent a few summers connecting with the sunsets over the bay. it was overcast and cold today. i was facing the north asking the wind and winter, of generations passed, why... wishing to know where she went, and a spirit danced through my heart. i felt so uplifted i was overwhelmed with laughter, and turned to see a hummingbird within an arms length dancing on the wind, singing to me. i felt it was Holly saying she is at peace, and that she is free. I was facing the south gathering the strength from the spring, the rebirthing of the earth, and the generations to come. Such an inspiration, radiating love wherever she went, but now i am left on the earth to find my way without her. i was again overwhelmed with sadness, thinking of broken dreams. i looked up to see a hawk just over the edge of the valley, motionless, steady and rising on the wind. it turned and soared and turned again before disappearing without even the slightest of effort. i heard Holly saying 'have strength!' that she is on another path and i felt blessed to have been touched by her light while she was here.

she was just telling me about her pedicure that matches her rig!

stay happy and remember the love you are Holly!

I've also set up a directory in the galleries where you can upload any photos you have of her. Select "Remember Holly" in the category dropdown and remember to post some context on your photos in the caption area.

I don't have any pictures (I've never even met Holly), but I was flipping through my old Parachutists today and noticed an excellent Mike McGowan photograph of her 200th jump on pages 44-45 of the March '03 issue.

Holly,

You don't know me, but I know so much about you. I know that you loved life to the abolute fullest. You squeezed every ounce of enjoyment out of your short stay here with us. I know that you are the most amazing individual full of love and compassion of your fellow jumpers, and non-jumpers alike I would conjecture. I regret not having the chance to meet you and recieve one (preferably several) of your apparently superb hugs. I believe a person could be judged on the quality of their hugs. And it seems you have already recieved top marks :)I know you are very much loved, just look at the overwhelming response here:)
Even though we have never met, you have my love. It really says something about someone, when their passing brings a tear to anothers eyes (no this is not about you Aggie :D), whom has never had the pleasure of meeting them.

I have shed my tear for you, and I will move on with a new goal in life. To make as much of a wake in my passing as you have. I will live life the the absolute fullest, and make sure that all my friends know I love them.

Fly Free Holly, don't worry about us, we will all see you again when we are done here. Watch over us Hol, and we will remember you always. Much Love

Josh

Well I just heard the news and I am in shock. :(:(:( Holly, you were the brightest shining star of a woman I have ever met in this sport. Pure, wholesome and genuine. In the short time I knew you, your attractive beauty shined from within. Your smiles, hugs and spirit were contagious and filled the room. We were just starting to get to know each other and I am devastated to hear this news. Our sport needs more women like you who kick ass. You will be missed friend. I am so sad. Blue skies forever FreeflyHol. I will never forget your smile. Funny girl...

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Well I didn't have time to post much while in raeford.. but the trip back I was thinking about hol a good bit. Lou and I talked about winning the lottery after passing a "lotto" sign, I remember talking to hol about winning the lottery she said she would buy her own purple skyvan and pay to fly all her friends in to jump on it.. i saw a truck that said "St Germain Trucking" and thought about how she told me about the artist "st germain" who she had been listening to at the DZ. We talked a lot on the phone, she was always cheery.. I was the first to tell her she made it in parachutist and she was so happy.. *sigh* i never did get to meet her, and didn't have any near future plans but was always trying to talk her out to the east coast. She was so excited about moving to CA always talking about learning to surf (in the water). She was someone close to me and I will definately miss her. I'll have to go back and re-read some PMs she sent me.. *sigh* I don't know why i'm telling you guys all of this, I guess I just wanted to convey what everyone already knows -- Hol was one rockin chick, I know of no enemies she has...

Again, Hol - I know you're up there surfing DZ.com.. keep in touch girl you can ride my back on any dive.

BTW - anyone know about memorial funds, funeral arrangements, etc?

it's sucks when someone dies, it sucks worse when you know them... and it really really blows when they are close to you.

I'm sorry to hear about Hol and the others lately.

Kevin, I know exactly what you're talking about. I lost one of my best freinds last year. I still have his cell phone number programmed, I rent movies we used to talk about a lot, I started watching seinfeld more (he was a huge fan, would even get off the phone for a half an hour every night it was on), I still start to pick up the phone to call him about something funny/stupid/or just plain ordinary I just saw or did. One thing I didn't do though was think about quiting jumping... He would kick my butt if I did that.

If anyone needs to talk, feel free to PM me.