AggieDave

FreeFlyHol

For those of you that don't know, our friend Holly has passed away from an accident at Eloy.

She will be missed.

Go to the incidents forum for more info and HH has links setup there so you can post condolences in a special secition of DZ.com.

damnit, I need to hug somebody...:(
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Blues, Holly. Rest in peace. Your smile will shine in every ray of sun. Blue skies and Godspeed.

Sincere and deepest sympathies to her family, and all who witnessed it.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

:(

Here's a link to Betsy's post in the Incidents Forum

Below is a copy of the note I left on where to post condolences and upload your images.

Holly was a good friend and we're all extremely sad about this. She will be missed and my thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

I know a lot of people here knew her and she was cherished in our community. I've created a area where you can post your condolences, thoughts and memories. I've also set up a directory in the galleries where you can upload any photos you have of her. Select "Remember Holly" in the category dropdown and remember to post some context on your photos in the caption area.

The photos will be posted under Dropzone Members/Remember/Holly

You can access all of this from the Pub as well.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

I will miss her happy spirit and her hugs, god that girl could hug!:)
Blue Skies Holly, when i get there i want a big hug from you.

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Blue skies, Holly....

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time.
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.

Thanks for posting that. There are lots of good people who die. It makes the ones we don't know more real, when the ones we do know go.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have not met any dz.commers in person, yet. I'm not even sure if I'd had a conversation with Holly in these forums. It's strange, though, I still feel like I've lost someone close to me. Never having had a conversation with her, she is nonetheless the closest person to me that this sport has taken. Maybe some of you who are older and more seasoned and have therefore lost more people think that's silly. Maybe it is.

Whenever I'm on these forums, all I really know of anyone is what they've written, so I end up making up stories about them based on their avatars, guessing who they might be in real life (whatever that is).

For example, since I've been posting here I don't think I've agreed with Deuce a single time on any issue, but somehow that picture of Calvin he has as his avatar changes it somehow. Maybe it's because I like Calvin and Hobbes, too, and therein lies a common ground. I don't know.

Or CanuckInUsa. Steve and I started AFF at just about the same time last year, now he has a hundred or so jumps and I'm still stuck on #11. But seeing that photo of him as his avatar just chilling out--it's so small I can't even tell what he is doing there--with the big grin on his face. I feel like I know him a little better for it.

And JTval, well, his avatar keeps changing; so do my stories.

I guess what I'm saying is that people's avatars make them seem just a bit more human to me. I always liked Holly's avatar. She's giving everyone the finger with a huge smile on her face--she's smiling, laughing so much that her eyes make two tiny crescents. She seemed like such a fun person with a great attitude in life...

I hope I get to meet all of you guys at some point, so I can know who you are for real. Not just the little story I make up about you in my head.

Blue skies, black death.

Edit: Just searching through her posts...It seems so strange to read her posts from two days ago...How could anyone have guessed?

I found this... I wish I'd have taken her up on her invite, now.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Hey Viking. Check out HH's link to post them to a special Holly section. I already uploaded the one of me and holly that you have. You should upload the others though.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I am shocked and deeply saddened by the loss of our friend Holly Kish. I first met Holly at this last year's Skydive Arizona's holiday boogie and she was so sweet that she gave me a kiss on the airplane prior to my 100th jump before we even knew each other were DZ.COMers.

I've only been in the sport for 9 months and people have told me that sooner or later I will know someone who's seriously hurt themselves or died. And I regret to mention that Holly is this one for me. Even though I wasn't super close to Holly, what with her being in Arizona and myself being in Colorado, I knew she was special. Not only did we party at the Eloy boogie (and those who knew her, knew that she was a big flirt in a good way), but she was also the sort of person to send me a PM out of the blue. And so every once in a while we would PM each other just to see how the other was doing. I knew she had big plans for spending the summer in the San Diego area and I'm not having an easy time coming to grips with the fact that I will never speak to Holly again (at least in this lifetime).

Blue Skies Holly ... you will be missed by those who knew you, were your friends and especially for those who loved such a great girl.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have already left my condolences in the proper place, but I would just like to take this moment to say that I though Holly was one cool motherfuckerl. Her avatar represents exactly the view I had of her the first night Katie and I met her; Wide The Fuck Open..

BSBD!
MonoUno