jackwallace

Tell me I'm wrong

There are more and more people in this country, and we've always tended to "defend our space." In the last 25 or so years, radio hosts have been telling us that if you're not with us you're against us (or some such bilullshit). We didn't used to be instructed to hate political adversaries, either.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jackwallace

I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

Are you kidding? Shit. America and Americans have it so good that they need to fill the public sphere with endless bickering over small things that don't matter. They are so bloody bored that they elected the dotard Trump just to shake things up. All of America is filled with snowflakes. Both sides.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

pterodactyl1986

***I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

No what you don't remember is it being televised and shoved down your throat every where you turn.

If you step away from the the tv and social media, people are still the same people as they were 100 years ago, same level of hate,bigotry, love, understanding and disagreements .
Human nature is a lot easier to manipulate with a constant onslaught of media suggestions

Funny, I recall seeing, on TV, Wallace standing on the steps declaring "segregation forever", when I wasn't even living in the USA. And the crowd of his supporters with hateful signs and hateful expressions on their faces.

I recall seeing coverage of Bull Connor directing the use of fire hoses and police attack dogs against civil rights activists including children.

I recall seeing the Watts riots on TV.

I recall seeing the 1968 Dem convention on TV.

I recall coverage of the KKK church bombings and the Meridian, Mississippi lynchings.

You are just WRONG.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

No what you don't remember is it being televised and shoved down your throat every where you turn.

If you step away from the the tv and social media, people are still the same people as they were 100 years ago, same level of hate,bigotry, love, understanding and disagreements .
Human nature is a lot easier to manipulate with a constant onslaught of media suggestions

Funny, I recall seeing, on TV, Wallace standing on the steps declaring "segregation forever", when I wasn't even living in the USA. And the crowd of his supporters with hateful signs and hateful expressions on their faces.

I recall seeing coverage of Bull Connor directing the use of fire hoses and police attack dogs against civil rights activists including children.

I recall coverage of the KKK church bombings and the Meridian, Mississippi lynchings.

You are just WRONG.

And the left will not let anything fade into history and move on. They keep bringing it up to create division, divisiveness and hatred.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

******I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

You are just WRONG.

You may recall those events being broadcasted. But my point is that they were few and far in between. You can go on your phone right now and probably view over a dozen live violent protests and a dozen live peaceful protests. This was not an option 50 years ago

My great grand father lived through WW1, my grandfather ww2, my father and I have lived through a genocide, and I'm sure i could go back through my family history and every generation has lived through a war ( or not lived through it)
So forgive me if I don't see how the world is any more peaceful or less racist than it was 100+ years ago

pterodactyl1986

*********I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

You are just WRONG.

You may recall those events being broadcasted.

YES, I DO.

I even recall hearing the hateful Senator McCarthy ranting in the unAmerican Activities Committee hearings in the '50s.

And your comments suggest that you aren't old enough to know what went on back then.

>And the left will not let anything fade into history and move on. They keep bringing it up
>to create division, divisiveness and hatred.

Of course. The left keeps bringing up the 9/11 attack, for example, and using it as an excuse to ban immigration from Muslim countries. Good thing there are people like yourself willing to fight that sort of bigotry, and let the 9/11 attacks fade into history and move on.

RonD1120

*********I've been around for 11 presidents if I count correctly. Some good, some blah, some kind of mistakes. I don't remember the country being so full of hate, like it is now.

You are just WRONG.

And the left will not let anything fade into history and move on. They keep bringing it up to create division, divisiveness and hatred.

Pretty much the dictionary definition of conservatism, actually.

It's not the liberals who are waving Confederate and Nazi flags.

kallend

Pretty much the dictionary definition of conservatism, actually.

It's not the liberals who are waving Confederate and Nazi flags.

I don't anyone who waves a Nazi flag but, we do know how to have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI&app=desktop
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I think it is the same America, with the same issues, however we now have some seriously deranged people on TV and radio 24/7 skewing the sane perspective.

And a deranged man in the WH that has no idea what being a president i about.

I think Americans used to have to form their own opinions about things, now media forms it for some of them.

With all of the info on the internet, we have seriously lowered the collective IQ of the nation.

wolfriverjoe

***Like I said, I don't know anyone who waves a Nazi flag.

How about people who wave the Confederate Flag?

Absolutely I do. There is a saying in the mountains, "The best home security is to fly the Confederate Flag in your front yard."

It represents the heritage of the South and not slavery. We lost that fight and we know it. However, the Spirit of the South is stronger than that. It is directly linked to the Spirit of America.

grimmie

I think it is the same America, with the same issues, however we now have some seriously deranged people on TV and radio 24/7 skewing the sane perspective.

And a deranged man in the WH that has no idea what being a president i about.

I think Americans used to have to form their own opinions about things, now media forms it for some of them.

With all of the info on the internet, we have seriously lowered the collective IQ of the nation.

I concur.

RonD1120

******Like I said, I don't know anyone who waves a Nazi flag.

Absolutely I do. There is a saying in the mountains, "The best home security is to fly the Confederate Flag in your front yard."

It represents the heritage of the South and not slavery. We lost that fight and we know it. However, the Spirit of the South is stronger than that. It is directly linked to the Spirit of America.

The heritage of the south IS slavery. You only have to read the "Cornerstone Speech" and the declarations of secession to know that.

kallend

*********Like I said, I don't know anyone who waves a Nazi flag.

The heritage of the south IS slavery. You only have to read the "Cornerstone Speech" and the declarations of secession to know that.

NO, it is about people and I deal with people.