airdvr

National Anthem Protest

normiss

Given their union is behind them in full support, this could get legally interesting.
More so given it's a constitutional right.

More fake news as it has nothing to do with a constitutional right.

Same BS you use for health care. You make it up as you go.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's sadly comical to see some folks who refuse to understand the constitution, unless it supports their perspective or their rights, but not for others they disagree with.

I've never claimed health care as a constitutional right, although I do think it should be a human right.

rushmc

***I guess we will get to see whether the NFL has any courage, or whether they are politically correct wimps. I would guess the latter, but we will see.

Being a politically correct wimp means you kneel.

Haha, right. Obviously the term 'Politically correct' only applies to values that the left side of the political spectrum tries to pressure you into observing. Wimpy things like acting with equal respect and dignity to all people, regardless of race or gender. Like they deserve it? What a bunch of PC pussies.

The values the right side of the political spectrum tries to pressure you into observing couldn't possibly be seen the same way! No, those are strong, manly, common sense values like acting with equal respect and dignity to a flag and a song. What kind of asshole wouldn't do that anyway?

No, only an idiot woud use the term 'Political correctness' to describe the behavour that the current President and ruling political party demand that their citizens emulate.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

airdvr

Interested in everyone's thoughts.

I'm of the opinion that none of Mr. Trump's feigned indignation has anything to do with a song, a flag, soldiers, and certainly not the black athletes. I'll get back to this.

He is attempting to destroy your latest national health insurance program nicknamed after his predecessor not because he thinks it's faulty - he just wants to eliminate all record of a man who publicly made fun of him at the WH correspondents dinner.

He fired the FBI Director not because he was incompetent, but because Comey had dared stand up to him.

The encyclopedic volume of people he has taken hateful and derogatory shots at via Twitter firmly establishes he thinks and behaves no better than a pathetically resentful grade-school bully.

If somebody rejects him, he will get even. Even if it takes decades.

Returning to the topic and Trumps attempt to convert the NFL players message and fan flames of misguided patriotism against the NFL organization is purely a direct result of his sound defeat and subsequent humiliation by the exclusive members-only club of NFL ownership. He is still pissed-off and by god, the NFL will pay...

"In 1985, the USFL voted to move from a spring to a fall schedule in 1986 to compete directly with the NFL. This was done at the urging of New Jersey Generals majority owner Donald Trump and a handful of other owners as a way to force a merger between the leagues. As part of this strategy, the USFL filed an anti-trust lawsuit against the National Football League in 1986, and a jury ruled that the NFL had violated anti-monopoly laws. However, in a victory in name only, the USFL was awarded a judgment of just $1, which under anti-trust laws, was tripled to $3.[2] This court decision effectively ended the USFL. The league never played the 1986 season, and by the time it folded, it had lost over US$163 million"

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Football_League

Just my $0.02

rushmc

***Given their union is behind them in full support, this could get legally interesting.

As usual, I think you're deliberately oversimplifying.

From my reading into it, your employer cannot remove your constitutional rights. (That's what the constitution means)...

They CAN impose a penalty for exercising them in company time or on company property, but if you choose to do it and suffer the consequences then your right to do so is constitutionally protected.

>Being a politically correct wimp means you kneel.

No, bowing to the government's definition of political correctness means you follow their demands and stand as ordered. Will they have the courage to resist the government's demands? Or will they meekly follow orders? We will see. I am going to go with them being politically correct wimps and bowing to the government.

billvon

>Being a politically correct wimp means you kneel.

No, bowing to the government's definition of political correctness means you follow their demands and stand as ordered. Will they have the courage to resist the government's demands? Or will they meekly follow orders? We will see. I am going to go with them being politically correct wimps and bowing to the government.

the gov does not define political correctness today
the left and it's compliant media does!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>the gov does not define political correctness today

It does indeed. Politics is currently dominated by the right wing - right wing Senate, House, presidency and court. They (the politicians) define what "politically correct" means. That's why the first word in the phrase "politically correct" is "politically."

Most recently, it is whatever Trump wants. He enforces his vision of political correctness by threatening anyone who opposes him or makes fun of him. For example, his latest attempt to silence the press is to threaten to revoke their broadcasting licenses unless they publish what he wants.

Will the press give in to political correctness? Or will they have the courage to fight Trump and his supporters? We will see.

Supporting the coal industry by claiming it's for all those poor coal miners - political correctness.

Denying climate change to curry favor with the government - political correctness.

Private sports team kowtowing to the president's personal beliefs for profit - political correctness.

It will be fun to see you suddenly support that which you railed against for years,

rushmc

***>Being a politically correct wimp means you kneel.

the gov does not define political correctness today
the left and it's compliant media does!

Nope, sounds like you're trying to define political correctness, and funnily enough your definition doesn't include behaviour that the current holders of political power deem to be correct.

Well that just wont wash. The right and its lapdog networks and fake news cheerleaders are putting huge pressure on the NFL to act in a PC fashion, and you and your fellow snowflakes are just loving it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In the latest Trump tweet, Trump claims:

======================
It is about time that Roger Goodell of the NFL is finally demanding that all players STAND for our great National Anthem-RESPECT OUR COUNTRY
======================

That evil news media then dared ask Goodell whether or not he demanded that. He said no.

It's gotten to the point where you can simply assume whatever the opposite of what Trump says is true.

rushmc

***Given their union is behind them in full support, this could get legally interesting.

Is English your first language?

It's not 'fake news' just because you disagree with it. Whether or not their union is backing them is a question of objective fact. Whether it involves a question of a constitutional right is a question of law to be maybe one day determined by a court.

If you simply disagree with the statement you should say so but merely your contrary view does not make it 'fake news'.

billvon

>the gov does not define political correctness today

It does indeed. Politics is currently dominated by the right wing - right wing Senate, House, presidency and court. They (the politicians) define what "politically correct" means. That's why the first word in the phrase "politically correct" is "politically."

Marc has shown over and over again that he doesn't really understand the words and phrases that he uses.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

aphid

***Interested in everyone's thoughts.

I'm of the opinion that none of Mr. Trump's feigned indignation has anything to do with a song, a flag, soldiers, and certainly not the black athletes. I'll get back to this.

He is attempting to destroy your latest national health insurance program nicknamed after his predecessor not because he thinks it's faulty - he just wants to eliminate all record of a man who publicly made fun of him at the WH correspondents dinner.

He fired the FBI Director not because he was incompetent, but because Comey had dared stand up to him.

The encyclopedic volume of people he has taken hateful and derogatory shots at via Twitter firmly establishes he thinks and behaves no better than a pathetically resentful grade-school bully.

Returning to the topic and Trumps attempt to convert the NFL players message and fan flames of misguided patriotism against the NFL organization is purely a direct result of his sound defeat and subsequent humiliation by the exclusive members-only club of NFL ownership. He is still pissed-off and by god, the NFL will pay...

"In 1985, the USFL voted to move from a spring to a fall schedule in 1986 to compete directly with the NFL. This was done at the urging of New Jersey Generals majority owner Donald Trump and a handful of other owners as a way to force a merger between the leagues. As part of this strategy, the USFL filed an anti-trust lawsuit against the National Football League in 1986, and a jury ruled that the NFL had violated anti-monopoly laws. However, in a victory in name only, the USFL was awarded a judgment of just $1, which under anti-trust laws, was tripled to $3.[2] This court decision effectively ended the USFL. The league never played the 1986 season, and by the time it folded, it had lost over US$163 million"

Just my $0.02

The more I think about it, the more I think this is dead-on accurate.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Interested in everyone's thoughts.

Just my $0.02

The more I think about it, the more I think this is dead-on accurate.

Wellll I don't know about that. trump has never indicated a interest in sports for the sake of sport. I think its just a way to hobnob with other rich owners. Jerry Jones, Robert Craft, etc.

His comments about "smash mouth football", etc. show a poor understanding of where the game is today. There are enough injuries on a game to game basis without his nutty ideas.

IMO its just another way to appeal to his base, to distract, to bully and get even with those who stand up..er kneel to take a poke at him.

I agree with everything you said with he exception of the bold type last section. I'm sure he would love to own a NFL team. He was probably pissed off at his court loss. But that was just a hail mary pass to try to save a loosing league. The award that the court gave the plaintiffs was right on. Other leagues have tried to do the same thing as a way to dilute the brand. To get a team without paying the franchise fee.

normiss

It's still laughable that some people think others they disagree with don't have the same constitutional rights simply because of a difference of opinions or because of simple racism.

Isn't that what the entire protest is about?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo