bamber

Service Dog Fraud

The reason for requiring businesses to accept service dogs was to help blind people, etc. It degenerated to the point to where people are bringing claiming their dogs are "service dogs" because it helps with sleep apnea and they need the dog to help them "stay alert" in restaurants. These people are scamming us.

These lowlife scammers are using a low to help blind people to get their dogs on planes where they bark and bother children with allergies. Phony service dogs also leave feces on restaurant carpet while people are trying to eat in peace.

The woman is right about saying the dog does not belong in a place where food is being served. The owner is not blind. He claims it helps with PTSD, which is of course impossible to measure.

So much money is paid out in PTSD claims that medical care for paralyzed soldiers is lessened.

See below how people having allergies will not keep a phony service dog out of a restaurant. This is one of the reasons hotels have no-pet rules. How does a small restaurant keep the phony service animal separate?

To claim advantage for the blind, deaf, crippled, etc. without merit is evil.

Allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

See this video about service dog scams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOsKE_yZ3Mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSdeYpoWBU

I have much more important things to worry about.
Besides, in the state of Florida, the only "scamming" they get is to sit in the patio dining area with the smokers.
They can have the smoking section for all I care.

Time to finish cooking dinner and have a beer and relax. B|

normiss

Besides, in the state of Florida, the only "scamming" they get is to sit in the patio dining area with the smokers.

Not true. See this video about Florida.
Most states do not even have a law like Florida does, At least Florida has a something even though it is unenforceable, that Federal supremacy, you know.

http://blog.adoptandshop.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/fake-service-dog.jpg

normiss

I'll take my real life experience over a blog.
I've yet to go to a restaurant that allows them inside where food is served, service dog or otherwise.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Under the ADA, State and local governments, businesses, and nonprofit organizations that serve the public generally must allow service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all areas of the facility where the public is normally allowed to go. For example, in a hospital it would be inappropriate to exclude a service animal from areas such as patient rooms, clinics, cafeterias, or examination rooms. However, it may be appropriate to exclude a service animal from operating rooms or burn units where the animal’s presence may compromise a sterile environment.
https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

Well you learn something every day. A friend was charged big bucks to have a cat shipped via air. I suggested to her a new business sewing up "service animal" velcro jackets for cats so they can fly for free.

Seriously, I doubt this is an issue. Having said that, its amazing to go to Costco and see the disabled parking spaces filled with cars all displaying disabled plates. Yet all the owners seem to have no problem negotiating a huge warehouse. Loading copious quantities of food and flat screen tv's into those same cars by themselves.

FYI, the term "crippled" to many disabled people is akin the the n-word for many black people. I suggest if you're trying to sound like an advocate for the disabled that you purge that from your vocabulary.

As far as "service dogs" I think they should be treated like any other patron at your business. If they act inappropriately, kick them and their owner out. If someone's child starts stealing food and poopoing on the floor you have every right to ask the party to leave. Service animals are no different.

- Dan G

normiss

I have much more important things to worry about.
They can have the smoking section for all I care.

Time to finish cooking dinner and have a beer and relax. B|

I think the smoking section for dogs is in Korean restaurants.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?