gowlerk

Countdown to the big event (Sept. 23/2017)

billvon

>In all of that text, where did it say that Rush said "there is no hurricane" as Billvon quoted?

"So there is a desire to advance this climate change agenda, and hurricanes are one of the fastest and best ways to do it. You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes . . . . ."

He did not say "there is no hurricane." He said, "you don't need a hurricane to hit."

That is what is so frustrating in dealing with the liberal mind. Make stuff up and stick to it until it becomes the accepted reality.

"You see what you believe is there and you believe it is there because you want it there." ~A Course In Miracles
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Kind of like the conservatives who spin. Funny that; maybe we're all people

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Kind of like the conservatives who spin. Funny that; maybe we're all people

Wendy P.

No argument. Sometimes I wonder why I even express myself.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>He did not say "there is no hurricane." He said, "you don't need a hurricane to hit."

Correct. He said that reports of hurricanes were made up by liberals to create fear and panic, thereby advance their agendas (and by storeowners to sell bottled water.)

Do you think that Hurricane Irma is just a story made up by liberals to advance their agenda?

RonD1120

***>In all of that text, where did it say that Rush said "there is no hurricane" as Billvon quoted?

"So there is a desire to advance this climate change agenda, and hurricanes are one of the fastest and best ways to do it. You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes . . . . ."

He did not say "there is no hurricane." He said, "you don't need a hurricane to hit."

That is what is so frustrating in dealing with the liberal mind. Make stuff up and stick to it until it becomes the accepted reality.

"You see what you believe is there and you believe it is there because you want it there." ~A Course In Miracles

N. Korea, Iran, War on Terror, etc. If you don't have a enemy make one up. Helps you sell guns, ships, the entire military industrial complex.

Yep enemies everywhere. Need some fear and panic. What.... entitlements and libs...

Phil1111

N. Korea, Iran, War on Terror, etc. If you don't have a enemy make one up. Helps you sell guns, ships, the entire military industrial complex.

Yep enemies everywhere. Need some fear and panic. What.... entitlements and libs...

I understand. Now I would rather see men walking around in military gear than metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities. And, if you live in Mexico and want to be an American do it legally.

It is time for America to come back.

> Now I would rather see men walking around in military gear than metrosexuals with
> pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities.

And I would rather see gay men driving Priuses to Whole Foods than Trump-supporting white supremacists driving their Dodge Challengers into crowds and murdering people. It's time to reclaim America from the KKK.

(If we are choosing our stereotypes carefully, that is.)

RonD1120

I understand. Now I would rather see men walking around in military gear than metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities.

But would you rather see metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses than men in military gear living on EBT cards and phony disabilities?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Now I would rather see men walking around in military gear than metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities.

Your fears are interesting. Just want to mention to you that Prius drivers are among the most economically successful citizens. Almost no disabled or EBT card holders among them. I'll bet there are a ton of disabled EBT card holders in your rural GA community.

You should look up the meaning of the word metrosexual. It was a trendy term a few years ago. But pink hair was not one of the traits. The last time I was in your part of GA everyone, including the children, was wearing camo coloured clothing. It was pretty weird.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The last time I was in your part of GA everyone, including the children, was wearing camo coloured clothing. It was pretty weird.

Yep, it is a fashion statement up here. Hunting season opened yesterday so now some folks will be wearing camo sport shirts. I ordered a new one from Sportman's Guide.

Hunting season opened yesterday so now some folks will be wearing camo sport shirts.

That's funny. Where I come from hunters don't wear camo. They wear blaze orange. It's a safety thing ya know.......
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Hunting season opened yesterday so now some folks will be wearing camo sport shirts.

That's funny. Where I come from hunters don't wear camo. They wear blaze orange. It's a safety thing ya know.......

Hunters here were orange when on the move. We discovered some hikers last year that had no knowledge about wearing orange. Apparently the regulation is only for the hunters. Go figure.

RonD1120

Hunters here wear orange when on the move. We discovered some hikers last year that had no knowledge about wearing orange. Apparently the regulation is only for the hunters. Go figure.

Rules vary from state to state, and from season to season (duck season vs rabbit season for example).

And if a person isn't hunting, the rules don't apply to them.

Common sense, however, suggests not looking like game during a hunting season.

Personally, I wouldn't go in the woods around here during whitetail season unless I was in something that was armor plated. I've worked "sight in season" at the local shooting range for too many years.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

I understand. Now I would rather see men walking around in military gear than metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities....

I know what you mean. Metrosexuals with pink hair driving Priuses and living on EBT cards and phony psych disabilities are a yuge problem around here.

RonD1120

Hunters here were orange when on the move. We discovered some hikers last year that had no knowledge about wearing orange. Apparently the regulation is only for the hunters. Go figure.

I have once or twice read something in a brochure about hiking, mentioning wearing orange or bright clothing because of hunting season.

Now, I might understand it if it were for trails in some area that was PRIMARILY for hunting. But if not, I thought the hunters should be responsible, and not fling bullets around if they can't be sure they won't murder people walking on trails.

Otherwise, telling hikers to wear orange to avoid getting shot just seemed to me like some government saying, "By the way ladies, enjoy the municipal park, but don't wear anything too revealing because it might get you raped! It's a pretty rapey park, just so you know, not that we're doing anything about it. If you wear a short skirt, just remember, you were kind of asking for it."

pchapman

I have once or twice read something in a brochure about hiking, mentioning wearing orange or bright clothing because of hunting season.

Now, I might understand it if it were for trails in some area that was PRIMARILY for hunting. But if not, I thought the hunters should be responsible, and not fling bullets around if they can't be sure they won't murder people walking on trails.

Otherwise, telling hikers to wear orange to avoid getting shot just seemed to me like some government saying, "By the way ladies, enjoy the municipal park, but don't wear anything too revealing because it might get you raped! It's a pretty rapey park, just so you know, not that we're doing anything about it. If you wear a short skirt, just remember, you were kind of asking for it."

B..B..B..B....UCK, shoot, shoot and shoot again!

pchapman

In theory, yes. Absolutely.

In actual practice?

Not so much.

Guys who only handle firearms and go out into the woods once a year aren't always all that "responsible."

Two that come to mind:

Woman walking on a hiking trail, wearing a brown coat open at the neck with a white shirt under. Shot and killed.

Teen was out hunting and got cold. Went back to the car, grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around himself (covering his blaze orange clothes), sat down right next to the car. Shot by his grandfather. Didn't die.

There have been numerous incidents of horses and cows being mistaken for deer, so some folks use the orange spray paint used for marking animals and paint big stripes on their animals. Sometimes painting "COW" or "HORSE" in large letters too.

Edit to add:

Less along the lines of "don't wear that because you might get raped" and more like "wear bright reflective clothes when you ride a bicycle so you don't get run over by an idiot in a car."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Looks like the mainstream media is starting to carry the story so it must not be true anymore:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/17/the-world-as-we-know-it-is-about-to-end-again-if-you-believe-this-biblical-doomsday-claim/?utm_term=.cd62b0333545
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

Well, that story isn't exactly encouraging for believers in this particular "Apocalyptic Prediction",

One of the quoted subjects is an evangelist and rips it to shreds.

And he makes a pretty decent statement:

“Every time end-of-the-world predictions resurface in the media, it is important that we ask ourselves, ‘Is this helpful?’ ” Stetzer wrote. “Is peddling these falsehoods a good way to contribute to meaningful, helpful discussions about the end of times?”

As has been the case throughout the ages, the charlatans peddle these sorts of claims, and the fools, idiots and ghouls (those who actually look forward to the end of times and all of it's suffering) lap it up.

Barnum was right.