gowlerk

Countdown to the big event (Sept. 23/2017)

A quick scan of the headlines tells me very little. I know something happened yesterday that marks the beginning of the end of the world. But either it was very subtle, or the evil MSM has chosen to ignore it because it does not fit their world view.

As for me, Ive got to keep on keeping on. It's a rainy dreary morning here and I'm leaving for Franklin Park IL.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

A quick scan of the headlines tells me very little. I know something happened yesterday that marks the beginning of the end of the world. But either it was very subtle, or the evil MSM has chosen to ignore it because it does not fit their world view.

It jumped out to me on the BBC news website this morning - clear as crystal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-41361803

It might be an English thing, but seriously, this is the end times. The absolute deepest form of heresy.

Oh dear. It's not just English. It is in Canada as well. Yorkies with prime rib in my house. But it's not really new. Americans corrupted the idea long ago with the creation they call "popovers".
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I am still here reading your foolishness.

I don't know how the end of the world theory got so much traction. September 23 presented an astronomical phenomena over Jerusalem. It was a sign for Israel. Christians hoped it would be the Rapture for us. The operative word is hoped. As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I don't know how the end of the world theory got so much traction.

Because people were posting stuff like:

"I am looking a significant event in Jerusalem and/or America. The heavenly signs refer to Israel first, the rest of the world second."

"Christians hoped it would be the Rapture for us."

billvon

"I am looking a significant event in Jerusalem and/or America. The heavenly signs refer to Israel first, the rest of the world second."

Maybe REAL Christians were raptured. All the phony ones were left behind.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

Those statements say nothing about the end of the world.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

DanG

Maybe REAL Christians were raptured. All the phony one were left behind.

Which is why no one disappeared.

It's kind of ironic.

I know a variety of "Christian" people.

Some are genuine and sincere. They do their best to live their lives in accordance with the teachings of Christ.

Others are more of the "CINO" type (Christian In Name Only). They claim a "personal relationship" with Christ, but fail to even try to follow his teachings. They lie, cheat, steal, and all of those things, yet they claim to be "saved".

Of the two types (and it's far more of a "spectrum" than a "type"), those closer to the "CINO" end are much, much more likely to talk about the Rapture, and their anticipation of it.

It seems almost that they look forward to it. Not so much the "salvation" end of it, but the fact that they seem to think that they will be sitting up in heaven, watching those who were "unworthy" suffer through the Tribulation.

They are also the ones most likely to try to convert people based on the "I'm saved, so I'll go to heaven and you will go and burn in hell forever unless you are saved too."

Of course, any suggestion that their behaviors may affect their "rapturing" or their afterlife is met with anger and aggressive denial.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.

So... that's behind us now...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl

***As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.

I look forward to Rosh Hashanah next year. For me it has taken the place of Christmas for anticipation.

RonD1120

******As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.

I look forward to Rosh Hashanah next year. For me it has taken the place of Christmas for anticipation.

Good Yom Tov and Shanah Tova to you then, I guess.

Be well.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl

***As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.

AND it's Angela's birthday today.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

******As I said above, I am more interested in the last blow of the Shofar on 29 September. I mark that event on my calendar every year.

Doesn't it seem a little sick to be gleefully looking forward to the start of end of the world? - An event in which hundreds of millions (if not billions) of your fellow humans will endure chaos, deprivation, death and then an eternity in hell or purgatory or whatever...

Not exactly 'love they neighbor', is it?