rushmc

More Leftist Violence

DJL

Because when it comes to the exchange of ideas, they cant win.

Thinking you are superior because you are white is not an exchange of ideas Marc.

I think you, along with many others in this thread are deliberately overlooking the fact that those in the rally weren't white supremacists, nazis nor KKK members. . .

This is something I've been trying to figure out while there were a lot of said groups I'm sure there were a quantity of normal-Joe Republicans. Do you have a source or some data on the makeup of the rally attendees?

There's a back story all of this, and it started with Nacy Pelosi and the mayor of San Francisco Ed Lee falsely accusing Patriot Prayer as being a white supremacist group.

But, if you do the research, you'd see that they are a actually a diverse group of multicultural left and right leaning moderates. The leaders/speakers at the forefront of the group include an Asian, 3 black dudes, a Hispanic, a white dude and a transgender woman. Some Atheists, some Christians, some just spiritual. I know, right? The stench of white supremacy is already too much to bear!

I suppose the perception of racism comes from the fact that they use American flags at their "Free Speech" rallies. It's similar to how the ACLU was recently perceived as racist for posting a picture of a white baby holding an American flag wearing ACLU apparel that read "Free Speech." This is exactly the type of nonsense that groups like Patriot Prayer stand against.

They also stand against white supremacy. Even the SPLC says that they don't consider Patriot Prayer to be a hate group, and noted how they have explicitly denounced racist ideologies and various white supremacy groups at previous rallies.

Now, In the past, I suppose it was their American flags and idea of free speech have also attracted a hate group called Identity Evropa, but Patriot Prayer actually kicked them out of their rally flat on their ass, but you don't hear much about that, do you? All you hear about is how "these people attract white supremacists!"

Anyway, Patriot Prayer was supposed to have a rally this past Saturday at Crissy field in San Fran, but due to the threat of Antifa violence because of Pelosi's irresponsible comments, they canceled the rally and held a press conference at Alamo Square Park instead.

On Sunday, Amber Cummings, (the transgender woman that was to speak at the Patriot Prayer free speech rally on Saturday) also organized the "No to Marxism" rally in Berkley where all the violence took place, but she cancelled that rally as well, and implored supporters not to show up because of Antifa and Pelosi's negative press.

So basically, you have thousands of peaceful liberals protesting because of Pelosi's blatant lie about white supremacy, and then you have Antifa looking to start shit with anyone and everyone at a rally that never took place. . .

At this point, it's the burden of people like Nancy Pelosi, Ed Lee, and those in this thread to produce evidence that these guys are actually white supremacists, but they can't.

Um, I think I've exceeded my 140 characters suitable for comprehension, so I think I'll just stop there. But there is much more to talk about with regard to the positives and negatives of groups like Patriot Party Prayer if anyone's interested.

Video resources:

Here's a great local News interview with Joey Gibson, the founder of Patriot Party. . .damn, I keep saying Patriot Party, I mean Patriot Prayer. This is probably the most concise video out there on the issue. It's about 7 mins - definitely worth a peek:

Please note, this was a few days before the violence in Berkley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cLKHFdRM0

Here's a facebook video from august 17th. After Pelosi's comments, many people were asking Joe Gibson to answer back and provide a mission statement:
https://www.facebook.com/100013660111371/videos/314989532299715/?hc_ref=ARQ71AM4iw2AT5xeRfWmU0dtDnWrgz2BcNlwUhG2-2TJAT-stWqIukkmxXysQWaVSyw

Here's the press conference with Patriot Prayer at Alamo Square Park after they canceled their rally. This is a heavily edited version of the press conference and doesn't show many of the comments from the black members of the group. There are other videos out there from other news organizations if interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHd_mVAQxA

wmw999

DirtyChai is at least making coherent arguments that aren't just cribbed from someone else's website.

Wendy P.

Thanks for the kind sentiment Wendy. It's much appreciated.

There's not much for me to say to Billvon and Kallend. Their comments were funny. I can appreciate that type of humor. They're obviously intelligent individuals, so if they choose to support groups like Antifa for whatever reason, they know what they're doing. They're not ignorant, so there's no reason for me to convince them otherwise, right?

But anyway, in addition to my last post, there's much more to be said about groups like Patriot Prayer, both negative and positive. I do have some reservations about their tactics, but white supremacy isn't one of them.

I kind of like this guy, Joey Gibson, but this whole activist thing is new to me.

But that's why I like him. I see myself in his facebook message linked above. He's trying to bring left&right moderates together so as to limit the platform of the fringes.

Moderates in general are very reasonable people. They see both sides, they see the big picture. But they're not loud people. They're not activists. They don't typically go out and protest, demonstrate or rally for/against various causes. They are typically more involved with work, their families and other personal issues. I think that resonates with the vast majority of this country. We're moderates!

So maybe it's time we start getting a little bit louder and take control of this country. We need to ditch our respective parties, come together and start speaking out against the fringes. We have the numbers -
this country is just sitting there for the taking.

This just in!

So as I'm writing these post and checking my sources, I see that Nancy Pelosi finally decides to condemn Antifa for their violence in Berkely. Good for her!

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/348493-pelosi-condemns-anitfa-after-berkeley-clashes

Notice how the article doesn't say anything about white supremacists. Now they simply refer to them as Trump supporters.

I guess that's better than "white supremacists," but they still don't get it. Groups like Patriot Prayer consist of both left and right moderates. Some support Trump, others not so much. Their message is more about unity and free speech - the ability for a diverse group of people to unite and hash out their problems together without all the nonsense.

"This isn't about making American Great again. This is about making America greater than it ever was!" - Joey Gibson

I also find your posts useful, whether or not I always fully agree. Hearing about a little digging into a subject is interesting. Sometimes people out there jump to conclusions.

(It is funny though, given the polarization politically in the US, just seeing someone waving a US flag, that can now trigger a reaction, "Oh one of those whacko ultranationalist right wing nuts!"... when it's just the country's flag and could be anyone.)

I see that even The Onion humour site supports your observations DirtyChai:

BERKELEY, CA— Vowing to derail whichever event it is by any means necessary, local Antifa organizers announced plans Monday to disrupt an upcoming neo-Nazi rally or whatever else is going on that day. “We will stop at nothing to prevent these vile fucking neo-Nazi hatemongers from gathering, or, if not them, someone else,” said Sarah Jackson, 26, adding that the only way to end the spread of fascism is to physically confront Nazis, peaceful right-wing protesters, or just random people going about their daily lives.

RonD1120

Back channel commo states investigation is seeking evidence that Soros is financing both sides to create and enhance the civil disturbance. Perps identified as being in multiple demonstrations, especially some in the Charlottesville riot.

Ha, I just happened to have run across this. Now we know that it was a Russia influence effort that was fanning the flaming on both sides.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***Back channel commo states investigation is seeking evidence that Soros is financing both sides to create and enhance the civil disturbance. Perps identified as being in multiple demonstrations, especially some in the Charlottesville riot.

Ha, I just happened to have run across this. Now we know that it was a Russia influence effort that was fanning the flaming on both sides.

Nah, that was just a Deep State plant. It was really Soros. Putin is a really nice man. Just ask him. He even said that he didn't do it, I mean somebody of that stature wouldn't lie.

DJL

***Back channel commo states investigation is seeking evidence that Soros is financing both sides to create and enhance the civil disturbance. Perps identified as being in multiple demonstrations, especially some in the Charlottesville riot.

I posted that info just after the election.

Russia does not care who won, they just want to stir shit up like they are now!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Back channel commo states investigation is seeking evidence that Soros is financing both sides to create and enhance the civil disturbance. Perps identified as being in multiple demonstrations, especially some in the Charlottesville riot.

It's almost as if Putin would want the US to step down from the world stage, start trade wars with it's closest allies, divide the country internally, and create distrust in federal agencies, intelligence, and journalism. Just imagine if it turned out that Putin had leverage on Trump? Trump might actually help Russia do those things. As a right wing american patriot I bet that would really piss you off if so!

skinnay

*********Back channel commo states investigation is seeking evidence that Soros is financing both sides to create and enhance the civil disturbance. Perps identified as being in multiple demonstrations, especially some in the Charlottesville riot.

It's almost as if Putin would want the US to step down from the world stage, start trade wars with it's closest allies, divide the country internally, and create distrust in federal agencies, intelligence, and journalism. Just imagine if it turned out that Putin had leverage on Trump? Trump might actually help Russia do those things. As a right wing american patriot I bet that would really piss you off if so!

What would be amazing is that even after no concession for their actions in Crimea, after being a party to the use of chemical weapons in Syria, after the fully and firmly established fact that Russia was involved in state sponsored meddling in the US election that a US President would go on the world stage and advocate for them to be re-appointed to the G7 bloc.

I mean, could you imagine?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Rap Sheet: ***70*** Acts of Media-Approved Violence and Harassment Against Trump Supporters

Abraham Lincoln

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/viral-video-shows-teen-attacked-for-wearing-make-american-great-again-hat

VIDEO: Teen attacked at Whataburger for wearing 'Make America Great Again' hat

Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Rap Sheet: ***70*** Acts of Media-Approved Violence and Harassment Against Trump Supporters

Rush, I'm entirely with you that these acts are deplorable.

DJL

***https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

I’m not. One of the first listed acts is a Democrat politician who simply stated he would mobilise a base of ‘angry’ Latino voters against Trump in the coming elections.

Who but the most rabid or brainwashed of ultra right wingers could possibly have a problem with that?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

I’m not. One of the first listed acts is a Democrat politician who simply stated he would mobilise a base of ‘angry’ Latino voters against Trump in the coming elections.

Who but the most rabid or brainwashed of ultra right wingers could possibly have a problem with that?

Oh hell, I'm not actually going to click on a Breitbart article. Maybe I should just say that there's no excuse for advocating or committing acts of violence for political purposes.

Some of them are, and I agree with you for the most part on those. Most of them are things like a democratic staffer shouting "Fuck Trump" and not getting fired. Cher called out ICE for using "gestapo tactics" - suuuuuper violent, right?
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

>Who but the most rabid or brainwashed of ultra right wingers could possibly have a problem with that?

I think you answered your own question.

Mobilizing angry voters to vote against Trump - LEFTIST VIOLENCE!
Mobilizing angry voters to vote against Pelosi - well, that's democracy! What, do you hate democracy?

Threatening to "push back" against Trump supporters - LEFTIST VIOLENCE!
"knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise." - That's just Trump being honest and open!

jakee

You have to remember that these are Trump supporters.

To them, any angry person with brown skin is violent. Latinos are rapists, drug dealers and gang members (all of them are in MS-13, the most violent gang in history).
Muslims are all terrorists. When they get angry, they blow stuff up.

So threatening to 'mobilize angry Latino voters' is code for violence.

C'mon. It's not that complicated. It can't be. If it was, the Trumpettes wouldn't understand it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo